Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_ts

Skin colour from BP

My chin is my main acne problem area and also the place where I apply the most BP. The skin colour of my chin is changed to a slightly darker, but noticible colour. You can see the line where it starts if you look closely. My theories on this are either my BP cream + sun is tanning my skin, or my chin is too dry. Any theories on what caused this would be helpful, along with any suggestions on how to cure it. Also if anyone else has experienced this please say.

swear to god no jokes, what i recommend you do, is put honey on the area at night. I tried it and it totally got rid of all my dark red spots on my face. :D/

swear to god no jokes, what i recommend you do, is put honey on the area at night. I tried it and it totally got rid of all my dark red spots on my face.  :D/

So you're saying just rub some pure honey on your red spots and leave it on that spot OVERNIGHT???

I'll give it a shot tomorrow night if thats what you're saying.

I have tons of redmarks but no pimples on my cheeks.

My chin is my main acne problem area and also the place where I apply the most BP. The skin colour of my chin is changed to a slightly darker, but noticible colour. You can see the line where it starts if you look closely. My theories on this are either my BP cream + sun is tanning my skin, or my chin is too dry. Any theories on what caused this would be helpful, along with any suggestions on how to cure it. Also if anyone else has experienced this please say.

I've noticed this where I don't us the BP especially just under my eyes my skinds quite pale there opposed to the rest which seems to have some colour. Errr it's not a big issue for me personally so I've never looked into finding something to stop this but if anyone knows anything?

I had the same problem. It looked like a strange discolored tan. I stopped the bp for a week. Starting using the honey and it made a huge difference. I still use the bp, but not as often. Good luck.

the_ts : did the honey work for you? And how are u supposed 2 put it on?

I've got the same prob as well and abit of flakiness. The skin looks discoloured where the BP was applied.

I use extra virgin oil and massage it in circular motions which helps remove the dead skin and helps with the flakiness. It doesn't really look that red anymore too

Yeah I tried the honey method, and it does help in alot of area but it doesn't turn my skin back to my normal colour. It might be cuz my honey isn't natural I dont know.

And what I've heard people say who use the honey method is this.

Apply the honey whenever you think you need it, no specific time matters. I just wouldn't suggest putting it on after BP. Cover problem areas in honey. Just use enough so that it covers your skin but doesn't run down your face. Leave on for at least 15min (I've heard longer is better ie. overnight). If you do leave it on overnight only put it on a few pimples and protect the honey with bandaid.

I've had some success with this, but no major difference like I've heard some people say.

Hope it helps :D

another note for begonwithacne

I also have the flakiness and discoloured skin. It looks like were in the same boat, so if you find a solution to it please tell me :D .

And no the honey didn't help with the flakiness or the discoloured skin, I think it helps most for red marks.

Also a question for begonwithacne is this area on your chin like mine or different place?

My problem area is ard my left cheek..not so much on my chin but i do have red marks and occasional pimples there..

I think the discoloured skin on my chin was due to the burnin effect from the BP during the first 2 days..

I've got red marks i wanna get rid of, does the honey really help? Do u just dap it on to the dots and splash it off after 15 mins?

I haven't found a remedy to cure the discolouration, i'm just tottally drained out from all this crap..

Lets help each otha get through this...hopefully.

Here's where i'm posting my results: http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=6617