Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E-Muny

Questions about needling

What is more effective- needling done once a month for 3 months straight, then let heal for 6 months OR have needling done once every 3 months. Any feedback would be helpful. I do not know of anyone in Chicago who does needling- so I am going to take matters into my own hands and find a tatoo artist who is willing to take a chance. Is there a certain needle the artist should use? Would the artist use water instead of ink? I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you for reading- E-Muny confused.gif

No- I haven't thought of perm makeup artists- do they use the same needle guns that the tatooists use? I'll have to check this out. Have you tried this?

I believe so...Other threads talk about perm make up artists...I haven't had it done but am contemplating it. I also plan on doing some self needling for a few specific scars. I emailed several perm make up artists in my area and a few of them were willing to give it a try and were interested in learning more about it...one of them already had clients that had gotten needling done for wrinkles. She made a comment saying that she wasn't sure if it would do anything for acne scarring but she'd be willing to give it a try....I told her it would take more than just a couple of times to see results...she said to contact her when I'm ready.

You might want to send them this link when you contact them for a point of reference:

http://www.uclm.es/inabis2000/posters/files/073/session.htm

X- Thank you for the great info- are you in chicago? Who will you be going to? What do you think is wiser- once a month for 3 or 4 months straight or once every 3 months? Thanx for all your help

cool.gif E-Muny,

I'm in the New England area actually.

I think that it's important to let the skin heal completely first before getting needled again and can be done any time after that. So I think maybe the every 3 months thing would be best rather than every month for several months.

Have you found anyone yet?

cool.gif E-Muny,

I think that it's important to let the skin heal completely first before getting needled again and can be done any time after that. So I think maybe the every 3 months thing would be best rather than every month for several months.

Well he only pricked 1 hole once a week. When he pricked multiple holes he waited 14 for the next treatment! Watch out for that!

Once every three months. You really don't need to do it any sooner. If Gumby is talking about self-needling, that is something you may be able to do sooner as it's nothing compared to getting it done with a hand tool or tattoo gun.

cool.gif E-Muny,

Hey Electro,

I've been checking that place out as well, It's about an hour from me.

I contacted them via email and they left me a voicemail yesterday. I'll probably get back to them tomorrow. I had a few questions, one of them being the price range on this procedure. And what the consult fee would be.

So you're from New England as well? cool! smile.gif

I'm wondering about the cit roller (what this doctor uses I think)ya know...like if it would not be as effective as say a tatoo gun or make up artists gun...whatever the heck that is. What do ya think? (about the cit roller thought)

I hope his prices are reasonable. I think I have seen some doctors charge $1500 and higher to run the Roll-CIT on people with no guaranteed results. I guess this isn't different than some laser treatments I have read about though.

I hope his prices are reasonable.  I think I have seen some doctors charge $1500 and higher to run the Roll-CIT on people with no guaranteed results.  I guess this isn't different than some laser treatments I have read about though.