Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
humanbiology

Question 10mg or 20mg?

k heres the deal. I am on accutance roche 10....10mg...i got months worth....they said to take twice a day if i want to be on 20mg..but that would only last me 15 days ....these pills are expensive and im on a budget...so would it be better taking a pill of 10mg everything for 30 days for 20mg for 15...

Guest tenshigirl25

10 mg wont do too much..it would probably take 1 year for your face to clear and even if it did clear it would probably come back again soon..i think stick with 20mg and then if u can afford it in the last month or 2 go up to 40mg or 60mg? i guess it depends how bad your acne is..id get another derm. u dont wanna waste all that time and money on taking 10mg a day when a higher dose might be more quick and effective. remember accutane is taken on dosage depending how much u weigh and the severity ..th only time ive heard of 10mg a day is after the course 1 time a week or for people that have only mild acne with 2 or 3 pimples on thier face.

schedule an apointment on the for the 14th or 15th day with ur derm and take the 20mg a day and get another prescription

eh i guess ill take the 20mg a day..how do i take it... i only got 30 tabs of 10mg with me and they said they dont have 20mg tabs only 10mg and 40mg...for sure i will never be able to afford 40mg...thats 140+....so im looking already at $120 a month here just for 20mg... wow im not made out of money. so do i take 1 10mg at morning and one at night would be betteR? or just popped both of them at once.

i believe u are supposed to take 1 in the mornin and 1 at night... i think thats the right way... thats wat im doin... cept im on 40 mg...

how bad is your acne, i was on 40mgs for six months and was only enough to keep my face clear for a year and a half. if you are worried about wasting money...you definitly dont want to be on a small dose that does nothing when you could spend a bit more and it will work. id save up and take at least 40mgs or 60mgs for moderate acne. you should take 1mg per kilo of body wieght.