Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What I'm about to tell you may make some of you jump for joy. Others who listen to their mothers and live by milk may be shocked and appaled at this information.

Milk does a body good? Says who? I'll tell you who, the American Dairy Association!

Do doctors recommend drinking milk now? No! Pediatricians used to recommend that children drink a lot of milk in their growing years to help their bones but they do not any more!

Pasturized cow milk, that wonderful calcium enriched miracle drink that your mothers probably force you to drink is NOT good for you!

Milk is species specific. This means that cow milk is meant for cows, and human milk is meant for humans. Our bodies do not possess the correct enzymes to digest and use the cows milk. Also, the pasturized milk that is the rave is even harder to digest than raw milk.

Once children natural stop drinking their mothers milk, they are no longer supposed to drink milk as their bodies are no longer capable of using it to the fullest.

Drinking milk has been proven to increase the amount of sickness such as colds, flu, ear aches, gastrointestinal problems, etc. Because of this lack of enzymes, everyone is to an extent lactose intolerant. However, some people are more than others and these are the ones that we label as lactose intolerant.

For example, look at whales, elephants, etc. All those large mammals. Do you see them running down to the local grocery store and buying some PET Milk? Nope!

Our bodies are meant to get the calcium and many other vitamines/minerals that we need in our regular diet. You can get calcium from leafty greens and digest this much better than milk.

The only people in the world that have the enzymes needed to digest the milk are Scandinavian people because their ancestors only had milk due to the lack of vegiation. To this day they still retain those enzymes as a result of genetics.

So, the next time you have a desire for that nice cold glass of pasturized cows milk...give it another thought!

what you just said wont stop millions of people from drinking milk.. cow milk may not be as good as human milk but it does provide a lot of good nutrients like protein, calcium, and vitamin d..

I stopped drinking milk and feel I am much healthier for it. I still eat yogurt...very light cheese. The hormones in milk are enough to make me stay away..the stuff is not natural for us to consume and its hard to digest too. My father stopped drinking milk and the allergies that had bothered him his whole life completely went away. I wish it did the same for my acne. sad.gif

What I'm about to tell you may make some of you jump for joy. Others who listen to their mothers and live by milk may be shocked and appaled at this information.

Milk does a body good? Says who? I'll tell you who, the American Dairy Association!

Do doctors recommend drinking milk now? No! Pediatricians used to recommend that children drink a lot of milk in their growing years to help their bones but they do not any more!

Pasturized cow milk, that wonderful calcium enriched miracle drink that your mothers probably force you to drink is NOT good for you!

Milk is species specific. This means that cow milk is meant for cows, and human milk is meant for humans. Our bodies do not possess the correct enzymes to digest and use the cows milk. Also, the pasturized milk that is the rave is even harder to digest than raw milk.

Once children natural stop drinking their mothers milk, they are no longer supposed to drink milk as their bodies are no longer capable of using it to the fullest.

Drinking milk has been proven to increase the amount of sickness such as colds, flu, ear aches, gastrointestinal problems, etc. Because of this lack of enzymes, everyone is to an extent lactose intolerant. However, some people are more than others and these are the ones that we label as lactose intolerant.

For example, look at whales, elephants, etc. All those large mammals. Do you see them running down to the local grocery store and buying some PET Milk? Nope!

Our bodies are meant to get the calcium and many other vitamines/minerals that we need in our regular diet. You can get calcium from leafty greens and digest this much better than milk.

The only people in the world that have the enzymes needed to digest the milk are Scandinavian people because their ancestors only had milk due to the lack of vegiation. To this day they still retain those enzymes as a result of genetics.

So, the next time you have a desire for that nice cold glass of pasturized cows milk...give it another thought!

I have no idea if the two are related, but since I stopped drinking cow's milk all the time (I used to drink several glasses a day) and switched to soy milk, I almost NEVER get sick. Before I used to get a cough/sore throat or cold at least once or twice a season, and now....almost never. It could also be due to eating a slightly more balanced diet (more iron, for example), but I wouldn't be surprised if cow's milk had something to do with it. Milk used to be one of the things I consumed the most every day.

I read a snippet in an issue of Real Simple magazine that said babies do just as well on cow milk... ie breast-feeding isn't necessary for a healthy baby.

I personally consume both cow and soy milk. Soy milk is too heavily flavored for me to use as regular milk so I either use it once in a while with coffee / hot chocolate or drink it by itself as a beverage biggrin.gif

Milk makes me break out...or anything dairy!  yuck!  Have to take the multi-vitamins to get my calcium.

i don't drink milk because it's good for me, i just love it lol. so i dont really care if its really bad for me either. just another thing to add to my list of unhealthy food i eat/drink in a day. eusa_wall.gif

milksucks twists the truth and a lot of the information isn't true any more..

but i don't like milk at all..

milksucks twists the truth and a lot of the information isn't true any more..

ITA...plus that website is a PETA website. Therefore I will take everything they say and do with a grain of salt. I do not wish harm on animals, but I will never deny myself a burger or glass of milk. Here is an actual reputable Harvard study on milk. Decide for yourself, not based on some biased website run by a bunch of PETA fanatics. Harvard School of Public Health

See, that's the problem with people. They don't care where their food/drink comes from, just so long as it "tastes good". Pathetic. It could be absolutely poisonous, but you people will still consume it because your taste buds are the ultimate deciding factor.

http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/health/m.../milk/milk.html

Go research for yourselves, people. Be smart about what you put into your body. You only have one.

See, that's the problem with people. They don't care where their food/drink comes from, just so long as it "tastes good". Pathetic. It could be absolutely poisonous, but you people will still consume it because your taste buds are the ultimate deciding factor.

http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/health/m.../milk/milk.html

Go research for yourselves, people. Be smart about what you put into your body. You only have one.

tp414, it's not primarily about a "damn" animal. And please, have a bit more respect for our animal friends, thanks.

Anyways, it's not only PETA who's trying to warn people about the dangers of milk/animal products. If you do your research, and there's plenty of it out there, you'd find they're actually preaching the truth. Try not being so closed-minded and looking at this information as just some bullshit being spewed by a bunch of "radicals".

http://www.rense.com/general26/truth.htm

We are being lied to. We need to smarten up and think for ourselves!

DON'T BE ROBOTS!

I apologize...I actually love animals, really I do.

I don't consider myself close minded.  I just haven't seen anything substantial to prove that milk is as evil as all these anti-milk groups are claiming. I know there are hormones in milk, and that is why I limit my intake.  I also know that the best source of calcium comes from milk.  You won't get as much from any other source.

I do think for myself...that's why I am not going to buy into some studies and anti-milk groups. I will listen to my body and what it needs. I know it needs a little bit of everything from the four food groups and this includes the dairy group.

I respect your opinion and your desire to not eat or drink dairy products.

I also know that the best source of calcium comes from milk.  You won't get as much from any other source.

I tried not drinking milk for a few weeks cause I thought it contributed to my acne. It didnt' make that much of a difference though. And besides, when I tried to work out and do my push-ups, I lacked the energy that I usually had when I was drinking milk. The way I see it, I'd rather be healthier internally.

I tried not drinking milk for a few weeks cause I thought it contributed to my acne. It didnt' make that much of a difference though. And besides, when I tried to work out and do my push-ups, I lacked the energy that I usually had when I was drinking milk. The way I see it, I'd rather be healthier internally.

For all of you who think that milk is the "Killer Food from the Devil's Kitchen" biggrin.gif , here's a copy/paste from something I wrote several months ago in reply to yet another silly anti-milk tirade-thread:

I want to quote a few paragraphs that were written by a true SCIENTIST, not the anti-milk food faddists whose links you provided. I strongly suggest that you read this very carefully. This was written by Dr. Roger J. Williams, the famous biochemist who was the actual discoverer of pantothenic acid (what people in this forum mistakenly like to call "B5"), and the first to synthesize it in a laboratory. He also did pioneering work on other vitamins like folic acid and pyridoxine. He is the author of various textbooks on organic chemistry and biochemistry, and has also written several popular books on nutrition. The following paragraphs are from his terrific book "Nutrition Against Disease", Chapter 13, "Food fads", page 193:

"Faddist attitudes toward milk cover an extremely wide range. Not a few faddists at one time or another have adopted the notion that milk and milk products constitute a superfood; therefore, milk should be consumed to the exclusion of other good foods. At the other end of the scale there are those --- and this includes some physicians who are unusually poorly informed --- who decry the use of milk by adults on the contention that nature intended it for babies and young animals and that it is therefore not suitable for adults.

"Those who know and care about the chemical composition of milk --- what food qualities it possesses --- realize that it contains a most unusually well balanced assortment of minerals (except iron, which is a notable lack), amino acids, and vitamins, and that its chemical composition makes it an extraordinarily good food for old or young. Its origin --- whether it grows on trees, is dug up from the earth, or comes from a cow's udders --- is of no consequence in determining its food value.

"Those who have experimented with feeding laboratory animals milk and milk products know that its value as a well-rounded food is outstanding and difficult to match with any other common food. Almost any animal consuming a diet free from milk or milk products will have its condition improved if some milk is added to its diet. This effect is brought about not only by the vitamins and minerals, which are extraordinarily well balanced, but also by the excellent balance of the amino acids in milk proteins. Proteins with nutritionally excellent amino acid makeup are hard to come by. Any extreme position with respect to milk --- either that it should be used universally or that its use should be restricted to small children --- is a faddist notion which cannot be defended scientifically."

Dr. Williams goes on to acknowledge that some people have varying degrees of lactase deficiency, and suggests possible ways to get around that problem (substituting buttermilk or yogurt for regular milk, using lactase supplementation, etc.). He concludes by saying: "Milk is such a marvelously complete food in so many respects that it seems a shame if its nutritional value has to be lost to any substantial part of the population."

Bryan

"There is not a member of the animal kingdom which uses milk as food

after it has been weaned. It remains for man to develop such

stupidity and to over-look the use of milk as the cause of so many of

his ailments.

Nature placed the necessary ingredients in the milk of each type of

animal, that were best suited for the growth of its young."

- Dr. Norman W. Walker (who passed away at age 109)

Note: Dr. Norman Walker is the longest-lived, widely-known raw-foodist of the modern era. Thousands upon thousands of people credit Dr. Walker's live-vegetable-juice therapy for healing them of "incurable" diseases, including Jay Kordich, known to the world as "The Juiceman." When Jay Kordich had cancer, he met and was tremendously inspired by Dr. Walker. After healing himself of cancer through The Raw-Food Diet and juice therapy, Jay worked with Dr. Walker beginning in the 1940s up until Dr. Walker's death in 1984 at the age of 118. Dr. Walker passed away peacefully while taking an afternoon nap; free of any disease or other ailments common to people of advanced age.

Neal Barnard, M. D., states "that green leafy vegetables provide generous amounts of calcium without the animal protein of meat diets. In fact, green vegetables such as broccoli, collard greens, and kale are loaded with calcium." The reason Dr. Barnard emphasizes the importance of obtaining calcium without animal protein is that the acidity of animal protein robs calcium from the bones. Calcium is one of the most alkaline minerals in the body, and when our blood stream becomes too acidic because of meat, dairy and other acidic foods, the only way for the body to balance this acidity is to rob calcium from the bones.

The incredible lesson to learn here is that calcium deficiencies are not caused by insufficient intake of dietary calcium. Calcium deficiencies are actually caused by excessive acidity, primarily animal protein. Dr. Barnard notes that when volunteers eat a high-protein meal, they lose calcium in their urine.

John McDougall, M.D., also writes: "An important fact to remember is that all natural diets, including purely vegetarian diets without a hint of dairy products, contain amounts of calcium that are above the threshold for meeting your nutritional needs. In fact, calcium deficiency caused by an insufficient amount of calcium in the diet is not known to occur in humans."

So hey Bryan, guess what? I can find backings from true doctors and scientists, aswell! *rolls eyes*

I also know that the best source of calcium comes from milk.  You won't get as much from any other source.

Completely false.

http://www.holisticwisdom.com/article_holistic_dairy.htm

"There is no need for animal milk in the human diet, other than human mother's milk for infants. There are many good non-dairy sources of calcium, not just tofu and broccoli as some news articles may lead you to believe.

Look at the facts in layman's terms. Americans eat huge amounts of dairy products: pizza, ice cream, and other dairy treats are heavily advertised and almost universally enjoyed. Yet, we have a high rate of osteoporosis. Now look at Asian and African countries, where people have traditionally eaten minimal dairy products. The people there have far lower rates of osteoporosis!

It should be common sense, but the government agencies are trying to confuse the issue. The Dairy Council lobbyists have the money, not the tofu or sesame seed lobbyists. Don't believe them. You can have strong, healthy bones without drinking a drop of milk, and without obsessing over how many milligrams of calcium you're getting from vegetables or other sources."

Instead of milk, I drink: http://www.sonice-soyganic.com/English/bev...es_nosugar.html

Calcium 30% 330 mg 1100 mg per serving (1 serving = 1 cup)

This is only 1 example. There's a plethora of foods you can eat to obtain calcium. I don't know how many times I have to emphasize the horrors of dairy/meat products! Maybe when you're ill, you'll finally get the picture. But by then, it may be too late. sad.gif