Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geneva

Diane35 log

I've had mild acne since quite a few years and tried just about everything to get rid of it (including antibiotics which were great while I was taking them but did not cure my acne and roaccutane which was the worst experience....I actually believe that taking the stuff made my acne more stubborn and I started getting cysts). I only have acne on my forhead and chin/around the mouth area, never anywhere else !

I have decided to give Diane35 a go...it may take a while to give any positive results but anyway I have nothing to lose. I stopped using harsh products on my skin, I just use a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer (+ sunscreen lotion as I have very fair skin). I also do the lemon/vinegar thing for my scars.

Ok. So, this is Day 8 of Diane35 for me and so far, I've seen NO improvement of my skin. I have about 4 active pimples (3 of which came yesterday !) and about 30 red marks (most of them fading already).

Well...I did wake up with a couple more pimples this morning but it seems that they are smaller than the ones I used to have before. I hope that they will heal quicker than usual too and that they won't leave any red marks. I'm trying not to touch/pick my skin since a couple days and I think this should make a difference too.....

In any case, at the moment the state of my skin is still pretty bad... 8-[

Woke up this morning to find out that I have a couple new pimples again! They do seem really different from the ones I had before though. Smaller and not as painful (I mostly got cysts before, they would get really big and painful). I'm doing pretty good about not touching my face too much...but it's new to me so I'm not perfect yet (I still tend to want to "scrub" everything away when I clean my face at night).

I still have a lot of red marks and skin discoloration.....make up is still requiered to hide everything !!

Nothing new...condition of my skin is pretty much the same as when I started the Diane35, lots of red marks and a few blemishes that are healing. Can't say that I'm getting better yet but I'm confident I should give it some time....It does seem that the vinegar is helping, too but progress is sloooooowww

This morning I woke up to discover 3 new blemishes, all of them cysts... ](*,) I'm really quite depressed about it. My only hope is that they will not develop too much and become really big and painful !! I have 2 along my hair line (easy to hide) and 1 on my chin. I have around 9 blemishes/scars around my mouth and chin area and it looks really bad !!

I'm trying really hard not to touch my skin too...

I'm still using BP at the moment, but wondering if I should switch to Manuka Honey to treat the cysts ?? I don't really know what to do. BP never did miracles for me....

No new blemishes today and the ones I have seem to be healing faster than usual. I feel better about my skin for the first time in weeks...hopefully things will improve from now on [-o<

Your not seeing and imrovment becase you not using benzoyl peroxide.

you shoul clear up dramatically if you, Gentle Cleanser+Benzoyl Peroxide+Good Mouisturizer (my favorite) Neutrogena oil free moisture with SPF 15 (4 oz.)

It seems that I'm starting to get really better, no new pimples and all my red marks are now much less visible (must be the vinegar + lemon thing), they are now really easy to cover up with make up.

Actually, I do use benzoyl peroxide, just not that much cause I have very very fair and sensitive skin and I get all red and itchy if I use too much. Also I just ordered some manuka honey, as soon as I get it I will start using it. My acne just became worse a few weeks ago but it's always been mild so I would prefer to use products that are not too harsh on the skin . Its my own opinion but I'm not convinced that smearing tons of BP on your face everyday is a healthy solution in the long run......I understand it might be the only solution for some people but I'm trying to take an alternative way. :D

Well, since last Monday I got about 3 new pimples, but really tiny ones that are easy to cover up. I'm thinking I'm also breaking out because I'm really stressed at the moment (lots of exams to take) and I don't sleep more than 5 or 6 hours a night. I'm pretty sure this also affects the condition of my skin. I just received the Manuka honey in the mail so I will start using it as a mask in my trouble areas (around mouth and parts of forehead) before putting the vinegar.

After a whole month of using the vinegar, I definitely see some improvement, not so much on the red marks themselves but on the general tone of my skin. I was starting to see a kind of a "mustache" forming, meaning that my skin was darker in that area, kind of dirty/brownish. It was really ugly and believe me, no woman want to walk around feeling that she looks like she has a mustache (by the way, I have no facial hair so that is not the reason of the difference of color). Anyway, I'm starting to see an effect on this "mustache", the brown/grey color there is slowly fading....

So far I'm really happy with the regimen I chose which is Diane + Vinegar/lemon + healthy diet (cut most of the sugar/refined carbs out of my diet as well as most processed/greasy/junk foods).

Voilà ! Hope things will continue to improve...it is a slow process but probably just as well ! :D

This is my 4th week on Diane....since the last time I wrote I got 3 new blemishes, 2 tiny ones on my chin and another one on my forehead (it was on its way to become a big cyst but I attacked it with 1) honey mask 2) vinegar 3) BP and it had no chance to develop and is now shrinking back (it is still noticeable though).

I think the overall condition of my skin is slowly improving. I changed my cleanser to Neutrogena Deep Cleanse and am really happy about it as it doesn't over dry my skin. I apply a honey mask every evening for about 20 min, then apply vinegar, then finally put some BP on the areas where I still get blemishes. Even if I still get some blemishes, I feel much better about my skin, it is becoming softer and softer and my skin tone is definitely getting more even. I was always very pale and it seems like I'm getting even paler...but I dont mind, I'd rather be evenly pale than all blotchy.

Glad to hear you are seeing an improvement :) What type of honey do you use for a honey mask?

I use manuka honey spf 15+

I read your thread too..seeing your results encouraged me to start taking Diane and keep taking it for a while :)

yeah, it does take a while for the tablets to start working doesnt it? im glad that someone finds my post useful :) thanks! i hope things keep going well for both of us [-o<

Well...first of all, I do NOT used lemon ON my face, I just add some lemon to the water I drink (which is by all means better than drinking tons of sodas !!). Since I've been applying the vinegar + doing the honey masks, my skin has become much more even in colour (progress is slow but it is really starting to show now), it is also much smoother than before ! I hated the way it felt when I was using BP (by the way, xenophobiac, funny that you should question vinegar and honey when nobody is questioning smearing tons of BP every day !!!!).

I'm still getting the occasional pimple but I find that if I apply Manuka honey on it for a little while, it makes it shrink really fast and disappear without a scar :)

I don't have perfectly clear skin yet but I mostly have fading scars now, which I can easily cover up with make-up so I'm really happy :D

By the way Barbie, I'm so glad that things are improving for you and most of all that you got the job =D> !!! It's terrible when acne prevents us from having a "normal" life!!

thanks! :D it feels so exciting to be able to do 'normal' things like go to the cinema, see my friends, get a job, it is so nice to be able to do these things as i havent done them for so long as i was always so depressed about my face. i can actually look foward to everything now :D everyday when i wake up i feel so happy :shock: i am so glad things are getting better for you too :D/

My skin is still improving but very slowly !! I still get blemishes now and then (about 2 or 3 a week). I've ordered some mandelic acid and have started using it a couple days ago. I only apply it in the evening though because I find it too drying and don't want to have to compensate by overmoisturizing. I feel like it is the best product I have used so far to fade red marks and discoloration. It also seems to make cysts dry up and disappear faster...which is good for me since it is the only type of acne I get now. I've used it on a large freckle and it seems to make it fade away slowly too. My skin also feels much much smoother and softer.

I'm putting a lot of hopes into this mandelic acid !! I hope to see good results in about a month or so...

Hi Geneva,

I am glad to hear you are seeing results. I am interested in the honey. Do you think it's doing anything for your cysts? I only get cysts as well. Also, where do you get that honey?

Thanks for your help

Hi Lisa !

I got the manuka honey from the worldwideshoppingmall but there is several places you can buy it from !

It definitely has made my skin softer and though I still get cysts, they do not get as big and heal quicker. Not sure it's from the honey though, cause I'm started taking Diane and using the Vinegar method at the same time !!

http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/bod...ctive-umf15.asp

Well, I've been on Diane for the past 11 weeks...and not that much results so far ! I thought I should still keep posting to keep track of my progress. I still get new pimples (1 new one every couple of days). Every time I see a new one coming up I get really annoyed ](*,)

I'm still using vinegar and mandelic acid to fade red scars, it seems to work pretty well...

=D> I'm glad things are going okay with Diane35. I've been on it for two years and didn't reallyu notice a difference at first. Then I tried going off the pill for 2 months and boy, what a difference! I still get acne but I no longer get those big cysts. On top of that, it reduces facial or body hair. My skin is usually an pool of oil but since I've been using Diane35, it's more like a pond.

Well...I'm finally seeing some real improvement !! I did not get any new blemish during the past week !! At the moment I only have scars to deal with which is great !! I still need to wear make up but feel much better about my skin !! Hopefully things will continue to improve from now on !

Flipgirl, are you going to stay on Diane much longer ? I heard that you should not stay on it for more than two years ??

Got 1 new blemish yesterday....but I guess it's from stress and lack of sleep cause I work irregular schedules and have been going out a lot lately too!! I just wish I would stop getting new pimples !!! [-o<

Well, have not had any new blemish during the past week...so I am now completely clear !! I still have about 10 to 15 scars/red marks that are quite noticeable though. I'm still using the Vinegar method + Mandelic acid every evening and it is truly doing wonders. In the morning, I just wash my face, apply moisturizer and some make up and that's it !!