Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rick777rick

Using toothpaste as a face wash: It Works!

I suffer from mild to moderate acne and have tried everything. One day I just had enough and out of curosity I tried using my toothpaste and it did amazing things on the first use. Use the brand "Crest Extra Whitening with tartar protection clean mint" It has little crystl like substances which help remove dead skin cells, and what ever else in it does a very good job of clearing acne. It also leaves your face feeling cool and fresh, but there is a little redness after washing at first but it goes away quickly. Was with this toothpaste twice a day in the morning and before sleeping. Use only your hands to wash the toothpaste with water on you entire face with a genlte force so the crystls can do the work. I am serious about this and you should try it out because it is very inexpensive.

Okie...one of my friend DID use toothpaste to cleanse his skin. He used the Colgate mint toothpaste . When I ask him why he bought 2 seperate brands of toothpaste while both of us shopping in the mart, he told me one is used for his teeth, and the another is for his face.

He has clear skin till now...but only occasional breakout...but just small whitehead. He told me that mostly every stewardness used toothpaste to cleanse their face to ensure clear skin when facing customers. I was amazed bout that and he did suggest me to try it, but I know I have sensitive skin, so ...a toothpaste is unsuitable for me....~

:roll:

garkee2002 :wink:

That is interesting....my friend used toothpaste right on the zit it'self. She may have left it on overnight and then just rinsed it off in the morning. She liked the results.

Toothpaste is made fore..hmm???i wonder what it's made for??

could it be your..teeth?!! and not your face??

The results you get my be VERY short-term, and is certain to aggrevate the situation.

-Long live Black Label Society!!

Short term? That's what we use it for.. short term use....It's called SPOT TREATMENT and yes, it works better then anything I've tried. My cysts come to the surface after only a few hours. So, I am definitely with you on this Jen.

BTW, Zakk Wylde are you a doctor and do you have proof that toothpaste doesn't work? I didn't think so, so until you have scientific proof this doesn't work then I would suggest leaving your hands off the keyboard to dispute these claims.

Lemons are made for...hmmm...NOT acne..but they seem to work for a lot of people

Some people can get real or imagined results from putting anything on their faces. I'll keep the toothpaste in my mouth. I'm waiting for the subject of "urinating on one's face" to come up again. It's been a while... :(

Imagined? Come on, I know I am not imagining the zits on my face. I had 3 cysts sitting on my face for a month and they never came to the surface then suddenly I put toothpaste on and a few hours later all 3 of my cysts come to the surface. That is not imagining things

Anyway, I've said my peace. This is too much work trying to help people. I feel sorry for Dan. I am sure people e-mail him all of the time saying his regimin wont work.

Guest fatman_uk

Hehe. 8)

Whatever any1s happy with, u should leave em to do it, regardless of whether it works for you. Ive tried lots of things that worked for other peeps but not for me but not once did i say 'That idea's lame'. Only me whos got MY skin so i had to figure it out for myself. 8)

Each to their own! :(

-Gaz

BTW, Zakk Wylde are you a doctor and do you have proof that toothpaste doesn't work? I didn't think so, so until you have scientific proof this doesn't work then I would suggest leaving your hands off the keyboard to dispute these claims.  

In general, we do not prove that something doesn't work, we prove that it does work. You can't say: proof that it doesn't work.

Something works if it is proven to work. Something does not work if no-one has proven that it doesn't. That's how science works :(

Proof to me there is life after death....

So you can't?

Does that mean there is?

No it doesn't. (Clearly this is why I am not a christian).

So, if you can prove that toothpaste works, its ok. Up until then, it's an assumption. Secondly, picking "toothpaste" in general is a bad idea.

For the same reason that you can't say:

Lemons are made for...hmmm...NOT acne..but they seem to work for a lot of people

Lemons don't work, it's a certain thing that is inside the lemon. Same with the toothpaste (it's probably the glycerin or sorbitol inside the toothpaste that might have a softening and anti-bacterial effect on the skin. Also, as far as I know toothpastes are a bit acidic and hey, that never hurts:) ).

Correct me if im wrong..

Keep up the thinking all :)

Trotsky

Okie now, that's NO need to hurt anyone in this board, we're just together to find solution to treat this bloody acne, right?So, we need to co-operate, sharing our thoughts instead of disclaiming others facts by issuing those rude words.

I have a survey over most of the toothpaste in the market. Their active ingredient is SODIUM MONOFLUROPHOSPHATE.

This ingredient will generate the fluoride ion when it's blend with aqua, water. As we know that toothpaste has an ALKALINE pH value which it will neutralize those acids produced by what you have eaten before in order to prevent tooth decay and etc.

In order to make the toothpaste to form lather, foam, many manufactures has inhibit SODIUM LAURETH SULPHATE (SLS) which is known as a toliet bowl disclogger in a minimum quantity. Many acne cleansers did also have this ingredeint in their product.

However, I didn't see any ingredient in the toothpaste that may really scientifically showed that it may help in preventing acne. But, I have tried toothpaste on my face before, it has a bit of stinging feeling and a cool feling, quiet pleasent and I enjoy it. It didn't aggravate any acne on my face and i don't know whether this is a good situation or not.

Last words....I would confirm with some acne websites correspondent in order to make sure toothpaste would benefits or harms skin.Thank you

garkee2002 :roll:

This truly makes me laugh. I am not trying to prove anything...I am stating a simple fact that this worked for me. I shared my experience to help people. I also appriciate everyones help on this board from other posts (things I never would have thought of) and some work, some dont. If someone has such a negative attitude towards helping someone then DONT read this board, because IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, this board is to help people and share experiences. There is too much negativity in this world and people like you bread negativity.

Go find a message board for people with bad attitudes so you can share your sorrow with your kind. This board is for acne my dear

BTW, Yes, toothpaste DOES work for some. By saying it's only the ingredients inside the toothpaste that work is pure ignorance. Duh, that's why I am using it because there is a specific ingredent that is working FOR ME!!!

Guest fatman_uk

Somethin in the Lemons helps ppl with acne.... thereofre the Lemon helps coz it contains the beneficial ingredient, yes?

Also, u asked to be corrected.... toothpastes arn't acidic, they are *slightly* alkaline. :(

.......... Whoops, jus read back an noticed Garkee mentioned that anyhow. :oops: hehe

Lisa - If its workin for u, then carry on.... no1 believed me at first that BP once a day was better for sensitive skin types like mine, until me an a guy named Jeetz tried it.... with great personal success. :)

-Gaz

for those of you that have tried toothpaste on your face help me out plz :shock:

How much toothpaste are u using and where are you putting it.(over all ur face or over each spot or acne infected areas?)

and how long are you keeping the toothpaste on your face for? (a few seconds, minutes? hours? NIGHTS???)

thanks for ur replies.

I tried this once, put toothpaste on a big cyst and it basically gave me a chemical burn on the cyst. It was horribly painful!

Glad that it's working for you, but for me it was a painful disaster.

i recently started using colgate white. It contains triclosan. A known facial cleanser. it contains actually more triclosan than most other acne medications. maybe this is why toothpaste proves to be effective as a cleanser.

I also had tried this method, but still, the result was ridiculous. Just for remaining you guys, Tooth products are invented for only tooth. Skin products are invented for skin only.

Edited by blueberry~san