Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever had a cortisone injection to treat a cyst, only to have it pop up again?

I have a fairly large one on my forehead and it's driving me nuts...my derm appt isn't for another few weeks so, I wanted to know if anyone's heard of putting a piece of silver on the area to cure it? My boyfriend's father had a cyst on his neck and the doctor told him to secure a piece of silver to the area with a piece of cloth and apparently it worked.

I taped a silver dollar to my forehead overnight and maybe it's wishful thinking but it appears to have shrunk in size..

Are you talking about a eisenhower silver dollar?if you are, those arent made of silver they're made of nickel copper and some other stuff.

I read about this stuff called colloidal silver that is supposed to be really good for acne and all sorts of other problems. I was SOLD....thank god I looked around online some more because it caused some people's skin to permanently take on a gray tint. They sell this stuff at Walmart in the vitamin section, but I'm too scared to try it.

Are you talking about a eisenhower silver dollar?if you are, those arent made of silver they're made of nickel copper and some other stuff.

Doh, I should've figured..

I read about this stuff called colloidal silver that is supposed to be really good for acne and all sorts of other problems. I was SOLD....thank god I looked around online some more because it caused some people's skin to permanently take on a gray tint. They sell this stuff at Walmart in the vitamin section, but I'm too scared to try it.

I tried the collidol silver, got it at the nutrition store and didn't do a think for me. Didn't help with acne or clear my skin. Another waste of money, but it might work for some. Didn't turn my skin grey either.

There could be something to it, Silvadene cream (silver sulfadiazine) is used for certain burn victims but I'm really not sure what role the silver has.