Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BomberMan

How about a shaving forum for the guys?

Well, how about it?

This is a great site and I have found alot of very useful information about dealing with acne, but I would love to see a forum dedicated to shaving methods and products.

Hey, I think it's only fair since the girls (and metro-guys) have got a make-up forum! biggrin.gif

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that shaving is one of my main acne-related problems, I'd love to have a space to exchange idea's and find out about different products as the quest for the perfect shave goes on.

I'm sure there would be enough demand for such a space.

Is this a viable idea?

Could you make is happen?

I would like to know what you all think!

Seriously though, shaving with the wrong products/wrong way etc can seriously stop your acne from healing or make it worse, or in my case- make it come back!

I never used to shave when I had really bad acne, I just used a beard trimmer to get the stubble effect, then when my acne cleared I thaught "hey, I can be clean shaven again" so I started shaving with a razor blade......

and my acne came back sad.gif

I'm POSITIVE it was caused by shaving.

Yep,looks like I'll be going back to the beard trimmer, the only problem with those things and electric shavers is that you have to make sure it's sterile before and after use or you risk more spots.

I don't think mine liked the anti-septic wipes very much though it broke down sad.gif

i dont think it's a terrible idea myself but could be rather limited topic wise. Maybe it can be intergrated into a pre-existing forum

Guest Marino

I like the "pinning FAQ thread" in the general acne section, idea.

As the offical one and only Marino of this board, i demand it be done now.

No questions asked, just do it.

Shaving related question :

What happens when there are small zits around your moustache area? Like those that wont grow big, small and will fade in a week or so, BUT they are still there neverthless.

My moustache never grows the right way. It always grow on the sides first then the centre grow slowly. Now I really want to shave because I look so ridiculous.. but those zits are preventing me from doing it evil.gif

I use a mach3 razer and i get a shaving rash on my kneck... i was using the mach3 foam but it made it worse and now i'm using just soap. I find my electric razer irritates me more but it is only on my kneck... anyone know what would stop this like some cream i can buy or soemthing??? I reckon the shaving forum idea is good.

Guest Marino

yea i used to get shaving rash on my cheeks when i was a younger, then it magically disappered after a while.

What i did, was start shvaing down, not up. I think thats what did the trick for me.

Also, you dont get a better shave when you pressure your skin harder, its all motion, its all in the wrist.

Instead of a shaving gel, I use a soap bar like Dan suggested.

My facial wash is actually a bar soap (Burt's Bee Garden Tomato) so it helps. Basically when I'm washing my face, after massaging the face gently, your whole face is lathered up. Then I just take out the razor and do a swift but sure motion. I never get any irritation ever since I do it this way.

Before my skin would be red where I shaved and sometimes a new zit even appeared!

I use a mach3 razer and i get a shaving rash on my kneck... i was using the mach3 foam but it made it worse and now i'm using just soap.  I find my electric razer irritates me more but it is only on my kneck... anyone know what would stop this like some cream i can buy or soemthing??? I reckon the shaving forum idea is good.

Sounds like a good idea, I dread shaving every other day, it makes my acne so much worse.

If I looked o,k with a beard I'd grow one, but that would probably make it worse too.

May I recommend the Norelco Quadra 7885 XL (one I use personally)? biggrin.gif

.. also known as "Philishave" for all people living outside the Americas.

Shaving related question :

What happens when there are small zits around your moustache area? Like those that wont grow big, small and will fade in a week or so, BUT they are still there neverthless.

My moustache never grows the right way. It always grow on the sides first then the centre grow slowly. Now I really want to shave because I look so ridiculous.. but those zits are preventing me from doing it  evil.gif

I have that exact problem...

I just leave it to grow until the zit disappears, or a shave around it, leaving a cluster of hair surrounding the zit. tongue.gif

I use an M3Power. (Same as Mach3Turbo + Motor)

i shave every day on the regimen and it doesn't make me break out. some tips i can give you:

1) touch the razor to your skin VERY lightly and with short, slow strokes...almost like a painter

2)i use a SINGLE BLADE razor. any more than that gives me ingrown hairs and irritates my skin.

3) use ur gentle cleanser as a shaving foam, and make sure its real thick.

4) i shave halfway through my shower, so the hairs and my skin are already softer and primed for the razor.

hope this helps somebody

i shave every day on the regimen and it doesn't make me break out. some tips i can give you:

1) touch the razor to your skin VERY lightly and with short, slow strokes...almost like a painter

2)i use a SINGLE BLADE razor. any more than that gives me ingrown hairs and irritates my skin.

3) use ur gentle cleanser as a shaving foam, and make sure its real thick.

4) i shave halfway through my shower, so the hairs and my skin are already softer and primed for the razor.

hope this helps somebody

I totally agree with LogDog.

Since I've wet shaved every day using cleanser as thick foam, and using a single blade razor, which cleans easy and doesn't get gunked up like multi blades, I've had no redness, irritation or shave related spots.

thanks LogDog

i'll certainly give the single blade a shot.i always end up getting ingrown hair which then later develop into zits....i like the whole "shave like u are using a brush" idea as well

also, the shaving when in the shower may help..will give it a shot.

i usually shave once in 4-5 days..i really look ridiculous on the 4 or the 5th day,..and everyone at works gives me dirty looks cause i look uncouth and stuff..jerks !

anyways, adios my friends !!