Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dashboard

Use SA and BP...?

i been using regimen with the BP and seems to do good on my face, but to the sides of my nose, the pores look huges and has little flesh bumps, plugged up with some garbage that won't go away..........i was reading SA is good for getting into the pore and getting the garbage out, so tonight i put an SA mask on the sides of my nose for 5 minutes, washed it off and then did the normal coating the face with BP, except for the nose area........do you think this is a good idea?...thoughts are well appreciated, thanks peeps

Use SA to prevent break outs and use BP on current acne. I havent broken out once since I used SA. The regimen cleared me though (which is BP based). Hope this helps!

Use SA to prevent break outs and use BP on current acne.  I havent broken out once since I used SA.  The regimen cleared me though (which is BP based).  Hope this helps!

i use a SA wash followed up with a SMALL amount of BP all over my face. ive been relatively clear with the exception of a couple of zits for about three weeks.

do you think that the SA will be good for the pores that are clogged on the sides of my nose?...........rampin BP seems to not affected them

Since salicylic acid is an acid, and benzoyl peroxide is a base, I assume that the two would combine to make water, so I would not use them at the same time. Wash one off first and then apply the other if you want to use them both. (If someone out there knows about the chemistry of this than I do, and I'm wrong feel free to correct me.)

As far as the side of your nose goes, the nose is a tough area and takes longer to respond. How long have you been on the regimen? It could take a while. Do not experiment with new treatments until you've been using the full amount of bp for 2 months with no success.

-Dan

i've been on it since about march....the sides of my nose have always had large pores and little flesh bumps....my nose has some blackheads.....so, for the past few days i'll been using SA on my nose area, and continue to use BP on the rest of my face....the SA seems to be bringing the crap from the pores around my nose to the surface, so i think its working