Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what is papya soap? Do you have a link for it in any uk sites?

Glad its working for you. I got my letter in from the derm, got to call on monday for an appointment now.

Hi 19 days, and all is well!

Papaya soap is really good for exfoliating, its used to fade scars and red marks. Honestly it works way better than any of the other crap ive used before.

I use this stuff i bought off ebay its called Likas and its from the philipines, its very cheap and also lasts for ages. I dunno if I will keep using this stuff as its very drying, but like I said I'm not really having any side effects on accutane just yet so i will continue to keep using it.

Good luck with the derm appointment.

21 days

Skin is still improving no end, little drier than usual so I have switched to using this Euracin wash I bought from boots which is really good on my face.

My lips are rather dry and my bottom one split a little bit so I'm going to go and buy blistex which has been reccomended by everyone.

Im about to order my next batch of accutane and Im doubling the dosage to 40mg a day, I'm kinda nervous but I guess if my body is handling 20mg so well then 40mg should be no problems.

Good luck mate. Keep us posted!

I'm glad your seeing such a drastic improvement so quickly. At the moment my acne has died down alot at the moment. Only 3 or 4 spots at the moment but alot of red marks. I'll hopefully be finding out when my derm appointment is tomoro. But i don't think he will prescribe me tane at the moment as it has clamed down significantly since i started using alot of benzamycin again about 1 month ago and they only seem to dish it out in extreme cases here in the uk. Still really oily also.

If i don't get a presciption, i have decided i will definately be self medicating.

Day 23

Not a lot to say really, its all going steady and there no problems. I'm actually the kind of person who is really prone to dry skin, sometimes when i have quite a few beers the next day Im really dry. Before accutane i was pretty oily tho, I prefer being dry over oily anyday tho.

The acne on my back has pretty much cleared 100% as well as my face, just a few red marks, the papaya soap should take care of that pretty quick. Soon as my backs clear I'm going swimming!

Brit, it sounds like you have the same kind of acne as me, mild but persistant and really really annoying. Good luck in going to see the derm. I found it very hard to bring myself to go and speak to the doctor about acne as I found it majorly embarassing, this is probably the main reason Im self prescribing. I simply couldn't handle going into a hospital and waiting to see the derm, then probably not getting treated with much respect.

Anyway life carries on

i used to be on private health care years ago through my dads work and went to see a derm when i was about 16. he said it wasn't bad enough for private health to pay for it but i could go see him on nhs and he'd put me on tane. I wasn't that bothered at that age cos you just think you'll grow out of it so i never took him up...wish i had know.

Anyway i got my derm appointment today...fucking 14th december!

Deciding whether to take a low dose until then. I will have to think about it over the weekend. I really don't want to be gettin an initial breakout round about xmas time!

Day 27

My lips dried up a bit so Im using this blistex relief cream which is really good. Also Im using Euracin wash on my face. Not a lot to say really everythings going fine. Oh yea I jump up my dosage to 40mg in about 3 days, I'm really keen on seeing how this works out.

Yea I know what u mean Brit about thinking youre gonna grow out of it, shit Im 24 now and the doctor told me I might still grow out of it. The NHS sucks and so do most of the doctors, they see so many people its like a meat factory for them, thats why we get treated so badly.

I would really reccomend starting 20mg a day, its worked wonders for me. Also I have been able to drink alcohol with no side effects either. It took about 2 weeks for my body to get used to accutane.

I'm almost 26 so i can't see me groing out it!

I decided i'm going to wait till december, one more month won't kill me i suppose...i better get prescibed it though or i'll go mental! :doh:

Don't worry if they don't prescribe it, you can alwasy get it yourself, thank god for the internet!

Day 30

Right so its the end of an era day 30, my final day on 20mg/day tommorrow i jump up to 40mg/day. I'm very confident my body will handle this no problems. I have a good diet, I exercise regularly and no illness. My face at the moment is very clear, i have a couple of annoying little bumps but its nothing compared to what i used to have.

My back however seems to be more resistant, I still get the odd spot on it which is annoying. I'm hoping this new higher dose will sort that out.

One thing that is really bugging me is that I really love to drink beer, theres not alot to do in england which doesnt involve this so at the moment I'm ignoring the accutane and drinking. Now I have seen no side effects but I'm wondering what all this is doing to my liver, and as I'm not having any checks I will not be able to find out! But I have no ready any scientific journals yet saying about accutane and alcohol only rumours people write on this board.

i think you should watch what your doing with the bevvy. If i were you i would get liver checks anyway, they can't stop you getting them. When my brother was on tane he still used to bevvy and not tell the doc... they nearly stopped his meds after his liver tests were really bad.

Go to your GP and tell him you want a liver function test or whatever they call it. If it comes down to it i plan to tell my doc i'm self medicating and ask for regular blood tests. If i'm denied then i'll go mad, junkies get better help!

what was the website called that you bought your tane from mate? I'm gonna get the first month over n done with before i see the derm, had a big break out again n i can't be arsed waiting again.

brit, it's almost impossible to get TANE on the internet anymore. A few weeks ago, there were droves of sites with the stuff. It appears Roche Pharmaceuticals has really cracked down on overseas suppliers shipping the stuff via internet orders. Luckily, I was able to get my orders in b4 the sites stopped selling it. Many of the sites stopped taking orders at the end of October. One site stoped selling it just today (Nov. 1st). There are some scattered sites left, but they have astronomically inflated prices (probably because its hard to get now on the internet)

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know a site that ships accutane to Canada? I'm desperate at this point and I'll do anything. My derm won't perscribe it cuz he says in need to try everything out there and use accutane as a last resort. :'( I can't take having acne anymore!

Day 34

1 month of 20/g a day completed

Im now on my 4th day of 40mg/day

Absolutely no difference, no worse side effects, I'm confident my body can handle this. The reason I've not been writing much is because theres nothing to write!

Dry skin is the only side effect and chapped lips, easily fixed.

jazzychic its hard to get accutane in the USA I know, but in europe its easy. The site I order from will not ship to the USA. Also if u are in the USA you shouldnt have to self medicate as from what ive read its very easy to see a derm and get it prescribed over there.

I finally got my order of ACCUATE two days ago DROOG. Yeah, it's easy to see a dermatologist here in the USA Droog (I'm fully insured) but getting one to prescribe ACCUTANE is another thing. They will put you on one antibiotic or topical treatment after another, even if no results are seen. I suppose after about 50 years of billing your insurance company they MIGHT decide to prescribe you ACCUTANE. So I ordered from this online site (which, by the way no longer sells ACCUTANE due to that new iPLEDGE program the FDA instituted) and it arrived on 11-7-05. I will start my ACCUTANE log.

Good to hear you got your stuff Chic, good luck.

42 days

30 days on 20mg/d completed

12 days on 40mg/d

Erm not much to say, I'm fine in good health. Nothings happening much, pretty much clear, back is pretty much clear. I think I need to drink more water but it bloats me too much.

The side effects are pretty non-existant, dryness that is it and it's so easy to fix with a bit of blistex for the lips and moisturiser for the face. One thing which is kind of funny is that when I get hot or flushed my face gets pretty red, redder than usual. But what else can I say, not much apart from this stuff is a miracle and I don't see what the fuss is about.

Peace

Did you go for the Acnotin generic stuff or the proper Roaccutane from that site mate? I've got to get one more month's course from there and will have to take the financial plunge. By all accounts, the Roaccutane is working for you and the other guy doing it and the other stuff is unproven but a fair bit cheaper.

I started on 40mgs per day and my skin is worse after 3 weeks, I wish I'd started on 20mg now. Oh well, maybe you just respond better.

47 days

17 days on 40mg/d

I must admit im really tempted to stop writing this log as nothing is happening lol. I'm clear all over practically.

Im using real accutane by the way, why risk using cheap stuff especially if you are self medicating. Honestly I wish I had something interesting to say sorry!

hehe no chance! I don't want people to know who i am.

21 days on 40mg/d

Day 51 my calculations on the time are messed up i missed pills here and there and i have 9 days left of 40mg/d I think lol

Anyway nothing new to report my lips are dry and so is my face. I'm going to buy some moisturiser but i have no idea which one to buy. probably a night cream. If anyone can reccomend anything let me know please.

I am having a hell of a time finding places that will ship it to the US. I had a chance years ago to get on accutane but the doc didnt want to try it since I was on prozac then too. I havent been on Prozac in 3 years.

30 days on 40mg/d completed

day 1 started on 60mg/d

right Im absolutely fine, dryness is the only problem which I'm getting around ok. My diet has been bad lately I'm trying to eat healthily now and exercise to get a decent shape sorted. I got a couple of spots on my face sure to not washing and drinking lots of alcohol and eating crap. But suprisingly my back is completely clear so HORAH!!!

Peace out yall!

30 days on 40mg/d completed

day 5 on 60mg/d

Eeeeek I thought i would write an update as I have noticed myself getting a few spots, I think maybe my body is having problems adjusting to this higher dose and just when i was soo used to being clear. I got one on my shoulder, lower back and 2 on my head, also some of my greasy skin has came back.

Fingers crossed this is only a minor distrubance.