Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Off The Grid

Not wanting to see old friends?

I'm constantly avoiding all the friends I had in high school because of how my acne is. I go to a college pretty close to where I went to high school and I'm living at home. Anytime I see someone I went to high school with I try to avoid them. It sucks cuz I was clear all through out high school then then summer before college... BAM. Like a fucking train wreck. I get all these cysts and white heads bullshit.

Here's a big FUCK YOUto acne.

I'm constantly avoiding all the friends I had in high school because of how my acne is.  I go to a college pretty close to where I went to high school and I'm living at home.  Anytime I see someone I went to high school with I try to avoid them.  It sucks cuz I was clear all through out high school then then summer before college... BAM.  Like a fucking train wreck.  I get all these cysts and white heads bullshit. 

Here's a big  FUCK YOUto acne.

wow I do this too! It's so amazing to hear about other people doing the same sorta neurotic things that I do because of this frustrating THING!

Me too!

What worries me the most is that an ex-girlfriend of mine from highschool who I was best friends with my entire life and who I still consider one of my best friends as Im sure she does (even thouugh its been years since weve actually had any form of relationship or contact) called me up yesterday to catch up. I was really happy to hear from her... part of the reason we fell apart and drifted away is because I felt insecure when I started getting this skin problem and would avoid her and make excuses why I couldnt hang out and stopped calling. Well she mentioned she bought a condo by the water after I had mentioned that I was living in the same area and when she asked me the name of my development... it's the SAME BUILDING!!! So now I'm really anxious (albeit a little excited) but am DETERMINED to get rid of this shit come mid-November so that I can act like a normal person around her and not have to be concerned about becoming a prisoner in my own home and sneaking around my building and avoiding calls. I'm sure she'll be knocking on my door every evening and coming over for drinks and to hang out and watch movies so I need to fix this problem NOW!! I'm very anxious about it.

Guest *Clara

Ya. All of my old friends were assholes so I moved on.

God i thought i was the only one in the world who felt this way. I had clear skin all through high school and first semester of college, then in 2 wks time i had cysts all over. I didnt even see it coming. I was a dancer at a strip club in philly and was always the hot girl in the group so it was so difficult for me. Now (it'll be two years in december) i haven't seen any of my old friends. I've made new ones but it's not the same. Old friends call me all the time and ask me to come home from college but i can't see them like this. I just CAN"T. I know some of my guy friends are pissed at me cause they think i just don't want anything to do with them, but i do so much it hurts. If it wasn't for these god damn red marks now i'd be so beauitful. I know it is so shallow, but i used to get everything i wanted when i didnt have acne. Everything used to come so easily to me, now i feel like i'm not good enough.

I know how you're feeling. I was clear all through high school. People I graduated with would see me a few months ago and they'd just look at me like WTF happened to you. Probably some of the most embarrasing and awkward stuff I've ever been though. You got to shrug it off though. Most likely you won't run into them again, and they have their own lives now, they don't really know what you've been going though either. It's unfortunate that it happened, but they're not much different than anybody else seeing you with acne now.

I'm constantly avoiding all the friends I had in high school because of how my acne is.  I go to a college pretty close to where I went to high school and I'm living at home.  Anytime I see someone I went to high school with I try to avoid them.  It sucks cuz I was clear all through out high school then then summer before college... BAM.  Like a fucking train wreck.  I get all these cysts and white heads bullshit. 

Here's a big  FUCK YOUto acne.

i do this too. a friend from high school contacted me over the internet, and when it was suggested that we get together for coffee or something, i quit emailing them. i really regret it..

I don't think people from high school or college would remember me. eusa_think.gif I never had very many friends.