Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
//Chris

I'm sure this is a cyst?

user posted image

I had one at the other side of my nose aswell last year - but the hospital popped it incase it lead to cancer! It's soft to touch, but hard aswell eusa_think.gif If it is a cyst is there anything I can do just now before it gets any bigger?

hi, sorry i don't know much about cysts but that looks pretty painful. Perhaps you should go see your doctor as soon as possible to seee if he can do anything about it.

user posted image

I had one at the other side of my nose aswell last year - but the hospital popped it incase it lead to cancer! It's soft to touch, but hard aswell  eusa_think.gif  If it is a cyst is there anything I can do just now before it gets any bigger?

user posted image

I had one at the other side of my nose aswell last year - but the hospital popped it incase it lead to cancer! It's soft to touch, but hard aswell   eusa_think.gif  If it is a cyst is there anything I can do just now before it gets any bigger?

Guest pokerbugg

yea it looks like a cyst ... unfortunately all you can do for those fuckers (if you get alot of them) is go see a derm ... and dont pop them !!! thats awful....youre gonna end up w/ bad scars later on ... u wanna prevent that... just leave em alone and go see a derm and he'll know whats best for your condition.

here is what i want you to do chris if you dont go to the doctor...take an aspirin, then ice the cyst for a while then put a huge glob of bp on it.

try baking soda and just try to dry it out. I heard that tea tree oil helps with cysts. I used BP on mine and that seemed to work. But they are real painful..errrgh! Just don't touch.

^^

I had one simiar (smaller and more flesh coloured) last year - but the derm popped it.

I have been applying tea tree to it during the day - and Duac at night. Hopefully it helps!

Wow! I thought I had cysts but that thing is huge! When I get what i thought were cysts, but apprently are large papules, I do the following and it seems to help bring the swelling down:

Ice the area for about 15 mins or as long as I can stand it..then apply a hot wet washcloth to the area for about 5 mins. The surrounding skin usually gets really red but it goes away quickly. Then I apply a HUGE glob of BP. In the morning mine are a LITTLE smaller. These things tend to have to run their course.

Whatever you do...don't pick at it or try to pop/drain it. I have done this and it almost always leaves a scar.