Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dishes

What I don't like about the Regimen:

That what I don't like about the regimen. Sometimes I want to grow out my facial hair, and you just can't do that on the regimen. If I am on the regimen for a while in the future....I guess I can never have facial hair! Does anyone have it while on the regimen?

Is it because the BP bleaches the hair?

I didn't read this on The Regimen, but in Dr. Dubrow's acne cure book, he actually says men should take a small break from shaving, to avoid irritation. And of course, if you grow facial hair, it provides that much more coverage for any breakouts you may have underneath! Of course, maybe I'm just clueless razz.gif

i'm on the regemine and have a beard. i just apply BP to the exposed skin and wipe away the BP that contacted my facial hair w/ a moist cloth. some hairs are blonde, but who gives a damn? it's not like ur average Joe attributes a couple blond hairs to BP use, or will even be checkin out our face close enough to notice anyways.

i had a van dyke mustach/goatee when i began the regimen and didn't have any bleaching of facial hair that i could notice. also, a few years ago i had a full beard and found that i had far fewer breakouts than normal on the portions of my face covered by hair. i think this runs contrary to popular opinion in regards to facial hair and acne, but i noticed a definite improvement. remember, this was only on the parts of my face covered by hair. the rest of my face broke out about like usual.

i stopped shaving when i went travelling and my skin broke out less too....and the hair didn't bleach, unlike my fringe does...grrrrr