Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!@#$%

lemon as a toner

hey guys.. i was wondering.. do any of u use lemon as a toner?

and how excally do u use it? i mean.. i know ppl add salt or suger..

or sumthin..

and do u add water? or just pure lemon?

lemons doing good to me soo far (lemon water) i just hope this

works for my red marks. thx!!

I find that using lemon makes my skin extremley red and sensitive, as lemons are very acidic. I'm sure there are alot of better ways to tone.

i agree, lemon is a good toner and very slightly fades your redmarks. I found out that it works best when u take a nap right after u come home from work or school. Just wash your face, then take a lemon and squeeze the juice and rub on your face. Go to sleep and wake up 2 or 3 hours later and see some quick results.

just try half a lemon....ive never gotten acid burn...its not like ur leaving the skin of the lemon on ur face....just get the juice on ur face and try to apply the deep part of the lemon on ur marks.

I mix pure lemon juice with water in the ratio 1:4 and put most of it in the fridge.

Lemon has:

CITRIC ACID-- AN AHA (alpha hydroxy acid)

I use it by dipping a cotton pad into the mixture and wipe on my face. Feels good everytime. It also helps to clean my face, methinks.

After that, I put some vinegar (using a cotton pad) on my face (mixed with water in the ratio 1:1).

I mix pure lemon juice with water in the ratio 1:4 and put most of it in the fridge.

Lemon has:

I use it by dipping a cotton pad into the mixture and wipe on my face. Feels good everytime. It also helps to clean my face, methinks.

After that, I put some vinegar (using a cotton pad) on my face (mixed with water in the ratio 1:1).

in my opinion u dont need to mix it with water, u can leave it on a couple of hours, nothing happens....it doesnt do much....it clears marks very very slighlty.

Can you use tropical lemon juice. I just bought the GOYA brand. I read the ingredients and it has no artificial sugars and it also has lemon oil and two types of preservatives that are anti-microbial.

an actual lemon is always better, simply because its original. Lemon juice contains other things....think fresh and not preserved.

Yea this works but not dramatically - I've tried it. Watch out though, I once used nothing but pure lemon juice and I got a really bad acid burn which stung like a bitch.

Lemon water internally is very beneficial aswell, i definentely recommend it for ridding yourself of red marks

Lemon has:

how long do u leave it on for?

In the morning when I wake up I mix 1/2 of a lemon squeezed into approx 24oz water, drink it, and then with the same half I rub gently on my face, leave on for approx 15 minutes, before I wash my face. Because I wake up and my skin is slightly oily & unwashed, it does not burn, and helps with any redness/redmarks. I have been doing this for months, along with applying 100% Aloe Vera before bedtime and 99% of my red marks are completely gone!

For me, I could not use lemon juice as a toner or after I wash my face, it burns & my skin can be sensitive (tried it once).