Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chitown

I need to tan! (after Smoothbeam)

All,

I need to add some color to my face.... I'm so pale!

I;m a hispanic cat, and right now I'm pretty pale. I normally tan pretty easily, no burning or peeling, and turn a nice bronzen color. This would help hide some of my discoloration, i hope.

My main concern is that I just had Smoothbeam done, and my skin might be really sensitive to the sun.

Anyone done some tanning recently after any sort of laserbeam treatment?

chitown

Guest niko

I wouldn't tan 2 weeks prior or after Smoothbeam. That said, I don't think you have to hide from the sun all the time, a little here and there is actually healthy.

Guest niko

Does anyone know any good self-tanning cremes?

Non comodogenic and non streaky?

I was thinking of going to Mystic Tan when all the treatments are over? Any thoughts?

i just had some non-ablative laser treatment done too (in chicago at northwestern). my dr. couldn't stress enough how important it is NOT to tan before/after the procedure. this could result in leaving abnormal pigmentations of the skin. she said i don't need to avoid the sun (that's impracitcal--it's summer here!), but to make sure that i DO NOT lay out. i was instructed to apply sunblock every day regardless of how long i'm planning on being in the sun and to try and wear a hat as well if i'm going to be out in the sun for a prolonged period of time.

i don't know how it is in your situation--are you going in for more treatments? i am, and since this is the case it is very important NOT to tan!!!