Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gutentagoulash

should i reduce the amount

i can't really move my mouth without it feeling really tight. The skin is very flakey and if i try to eat or even take a drink my face is ruined for the rest of the day

i forgot to mention that i am 7 weeks in and still getting really irritated from the bp

any suggestions? i use ALOT of moisturizer

anyone else have his problem?

Yes ofcourse reduce the amount.

Do you apply moisturizer in your evening application as well? If not, do it.

It shouldn't be that dry 7 weeks in, what kind of moisturizer are you using? Might want to think about trying a different one.

Yes ofcourse reduce the amount.

Do you apply moisturizer in your evening application as well? If not, do it.

It shouldn't be that dry 7 weeks in, what kind of moisturizer are you using? Might want to think about trying a different one.

If you think you should stop, you should. But I mean if it's dryness and pealing, you CAN get it under control. The right moisturizer is very important, I think you should use a light but deep moisturizer without AHA, that might have everything to do with it as it can increase irritation and dryness.

I think the case for a lot of new regimen users is that they're skin seems to be extremely sensitive, so adjusting to the BP is taking a lot longer than expected. So basically they are increasing the amount each week even though their skin isn't ready. I think you should use an amount that you feel is fit for how your skin reacts to the BP. If that amount still causes the irritation, then you can either muscle through it if it's working or stop.

You can also apply it once a day at evening before bed, or twice every day after. This way your skin might be able to adjust easier, but It's just an idea.

If you think you should stop, you should. But I mean if it's dryness and pealing, you CAN get it under control. The right moisturizer is very important, I think you should use a light but deep moisturizer without AHA, that might have everything to do with it as it can increase irritation and dryness.

I think the case for a lot of new regimen users is that they're skin seems to be extremely sensitive, so adjusting to the BP is taking a lot longer than expected. So basically they are increasing the amount each week even though their skin isn't ready. I think you should use an amount that you feel is fit for how your skin reacts to the BP. If that amount still causes the irritation, then you can either muscle through it if it's working or stop.

That's what I do. ^

AHA can be extremely brutal especially if you are still adjusting to BP.

That's why it is recommended to only incorporate new products once you are ready.

Atleast now you know that for your skin type to stay away from AHA!

Hang in there and if you need any assistance PM me or Brandy or Dan.

http://www.cosmetics.com/face910.htm

AHA is a good product though don't get me wrong, but when you are just starting the regimen, don't incorporate anything until the 3 month mark.

"If you have sensitive skin, we strongly recommend you spot test these products prior to starting full scale use. Although they are buffered and are extremely gentle, they are Alpha Hydroxy Acid/Beta Hydroxy Acid Products. These products are based on natural products, but some people exhibit sensitivities to them.

If you have had reactions to Salicylic Acid in the past, do be sure to spot test the AHA/BHA products prior to full scale use. (These are buffered and are very gentle so unless you are ALLERGIC to Salicylic Acid you should be able to use them.)

If you have Rosacea, we recommend you avoid the areas that are irritated."

Hey...the same thing is happening to me at week 7...my skin is REALLY REALLY flaky even with Eucerin Skin Renewal Moist. and the AHA stuff (I only use AHA a few times a week, in combo with Eucerin). Does the flakiness mean I should reduce the bp amount? It took me 5 full weeks to reach a fingers worth, and I'm not sure if my skin is still adjusting, or I'm just too sensitive to use that much bp. What do you guys think? Is seems as though your saying cut back on bp. I'm a little scared of doing that since I'm still getting new zits every day (1-3 on average).

My skin doesn't look so bad after I put moisturizer on, but as soon as I wash and pat dry, it looks awful...totally flaking off everywhere...

Hi, how much Eucerin are you using? Dan in his video said he uses "a little less moisturizer than BP." I use about 7 or 8 pumps in the morning. When I used to feel dry, I would use up to 15 pumps of that puppy. Are you using enough?

Hey...the same thing is happening to me at week 7...my skin is REALLY REALLY flaky even with Eucerin Skin Renewal Moist. and the AHA stuff (I only use AHA a few times a week, in combo with Eucerin). Does the flakiness mean I should reduce the bp amount? It took me 5 full weeks to reach a fingers worth, and I'm not sure if my skin is still adjusting, or I'm just too sensitive to use that much bp. What do you guys think? Is seems as though your saying cut back on bp. I'm a little scared of doing that since I'm still getting new zits every day (1-3 on average).

My skin doesn't look so bad after I put moisturizer on, but as soon as I wash and pat dry, it looks awful...totally flaking off everywhere...

I'm using about 10-12 pumps of Eucerin per application. You'd think that would be enough, right? The flakes probably wouldn't be so bad if I exfoliated, but since that's not recommended...

It seems as though the dryness has gotten worse since I switched to bp gel (from Neutrogena OTS) 2 weeks ago. The breakouts are getting worse too. I'm very confused.

I don't want to skip applications, though, doesn't seem like a good idea. I did that while doing some international traveling (back to back flights) a few weeks ago with bad results.

What kind of face wash are you guys using? Cause I know personally, it really matters what kind I use...I can't use any that aren't cream based, or my skin gets wicked dried out! So perhaps you should look there for answers.

Cream based? You mean like Cetaphil or something? Currently I'm using the Basis bar. I tried Cetaphil for a couple of weeks, and the flakes didn't show as much, but they were still there. Plus, since my skin is oily, it just never felt like I was really cleansing it...maybe I should try it again? I don't know...I'm just not sure what to do at this point.

Cream based? You mean like Cetaphil or something? Currently I'm using the Basis bar. I tried Cetaphil for a couple of weeks, and the flakes didn't show as much, but they were still there. Plus, since my skin is oily, it just never felt like I was really cleansing it...maybe I should try it again? I don't know...I'm just not sure what to do at this point.

I'm using about 10-12 pumps of Eucerin per application. You'd think that would be enough, right? The flakes probably wouldn't be so bad if I exfoliated, but since that's not recommended...

It seems as though the dryness has gotten worse since I switched to bp gel (from Neutrogena OTS) 2 weeks ago. The breakouts are getting worse too. I'm very confused.

I don't want to skip applications, though, doesn't seem like a good idea. I did that while doing some international traveling (back to back flights) a few weeks ago with bad results.

gutentagoulash (the girl smile.gif ) So much for sensitive skin...ah well. Today I decided to try and experiment...I'm using OTS on the right half of my face, and bp gel on the left...everything else is the same for each side. I'll try and stay away from the extra AHA as well. We'll see what happens, but I plan to stick out the regimen for 12 full weeks. I'm believing it will work, too...although I'm a bit discouraged right now.

Anyway, good luck to you! You're boyfriend sounds cool. Mine's the same way...acts like he can't even see the acne.

haha, and ONE more reply before i have to write a paper!

The same thing happened to me! I switched to BP and the flakes are OUT OF CONTROL. I guess we are the unlucky few who take longer to adjust, but one day we will look fabulous with our clear skin! I KNOW IT.

Not sure if the 15 minutes would do anything about the flaking...I'm hypothesizing that the wait time is recommended to allow the bp to fully absorb before you try and smear something else onto your skin. (??)

The only thing that helps me get the flakes to look less noticeable is LOTS of moisturizer. Even if it doesn't easily absorb at first, I let it sit there for close to a minute, and then try gently rubbing it in again. Bummer about the Eucerin, though...but then again, I've never tried anything else but Complex 15, and that was at the beginning, so I can't compare not having Eucerin to anything.

Are you clear from the bp? Just wondering, because I'm willing to put up with the flakies if it eventually does it's job...it goes on so much easier. Just seems to take longer to clear spots than OTS.

Not sure if the 15 minutes would do anything about the flaking...I'm hypothesizing that the wait time is recommended to allow the bp to fully absorb before you try and smear something else onto your skin. (??)

The only thing that helps me get the flakes to look less noticeable is LOTS of moisturizer. Even if it doesn't easily absorb at first, I let it sit there for close to a minute, and then try gently rubbing it in again. Bummer about the Eucerin, though...but then again, I've never tried anything else but Complex 15, and that was at the beginning, so I can't compare not having Eucerin to anything.

Are you clear from the bp? Just wondering, because I'm willing to put up with the flakies if it eventually does it's job...it goes on so much easier. Just seems to take longer to clear spots than OTS.