Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tenshigirl25

pic of alicia keys with acne

I didn't think my comment would offend people that much but come on...she has chest hair. You gotta admit deep down in your heart that that is very strange. Especially seeing as how she always looks flawless.

eusa_think.gif

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but personally, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Celebrities have imperfections as well. Nothing wrong or surprising there, at least not to me. Celebrities do often have it tough (so do common people), because they are expected to be perfect, and are scrutinized if and when they aren't. But why? They are human also, aren't they? And though they may have been aware of the possibility when entering such a career, I don't think it was the main thing on their minds, and it certainly doesn't mean they asked for it or aren't affected by it.

I admit that I may notice imperfections as well, but that is the end of it. I do not feel it is necessary to criticize or point them out. I suppose it simply isn't part of my nature. And if it was, I still wonder how it would be fun or make me feel better by doing it.

We all have our own imperfections, and I don't know, I see it as normal somehow. Not always pleasant, but normal.

I feel Alicia Keys has great talent and is lovely, and the little bit of acne that may be present occasionally or regularly is certainly not the focus of my attention.

That is why I find it refreshing to see Britney Spears, for example, go about her life 'au naturel' most of the time. Some days it may be better, other days it may be worse, but she isn't hiding or letting it stop her, and I think that's wonderful. Media and people will comment, but after a while, what more can they say? She is living her life, and seems to be aware or seems to have accepted that she cannot stop the flood of daily pictures being snapped, good or bad.

I'm sure it isn't always easy and that she must have her own insecurities, but I admire her and others for being able to continue on regardless. I wish I was that courageous at times.

To the beginner of this thread, I don't believe your intention was to criticize her, but others unfortunately began pointing faults out. I think making observations can be alright, when it is done with consideration. However I really think implying her skin looks gross is an exagerration and certainly not the case. But that may be just me...

AmandaKay - I liked a lot of your post, and Sickening, you had good points as well.

Let's try to stop the negativity if we can. eusa_angel.gif

I think it's better to EXPLORE the negativity than pretend it does not exist. Negative comments toward others are a window into our opinion of ourselves. Remember that the next time you feel like telling someone they are ugly.

I like seeing people succeed despite their bad skin. Alicia Keyes is not doing Noxema commericals. I think we create most of the crap we feel about ourselves as a result of having acne. I know I have let it stop me from activities and people and other aspects of living. Now that's sad.

Lots of fmaous people have acne (Vanessa Williams), or big noses (Barbara Streisand), or are midgets (Tom Cruise). They succeeded anyway.

I think it's better to EXPLORE the negativity than pretend it does not exist.

I don't know if that comment was in response to what I wrote, but if so, I wanted to clarify that I did not mean we should pretend negativity does not exist. I do feel we can work on ways to reduce negativity in our lives, however.

I think you made a good point in that at times, negative comments made towards others are a reflection of ourselves or how we feel about ourselves. I believe at times, that can be very true.

I also think it's great to have people who, in spite of imperfections or limited capacities (at times pronounced or severe) can accomplish so much. These people are wonderful examples. Sometimes something as simple as this can inspire the motivation one needs.

Ya'll ever see Seth Green? (Austin Powers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer). He is one short little man.

But damm if he ain't talented and yummy in that furry kind of strange way. wink.gif (Yes, this is my non-sequitor for the evening)

Sometimes things that make us stand out become a sort of trademark. eusa_angel.gif

Seth Green makes me laugh in Austin Powers. lol

People can be known for a something in their appearance that is obvious, but in a positive way. There are always two ways of looking at something.

Pimplesbegone mentioned Barbara Streisand. If she would change her nose, a recognizable trait of hers would be gone, and that would be sad. She is a lovely woman, and it only adds to her uniqueness.

Her skin looks like mine with makeup on. I dont get a lot of acne, but i get big zits like in the middle of my damn forehead or soething. their like small cysts and they take forever to heal, not to mention they hurt. Her eyes look kinda odd, like she is sick. Does anyone else see that? I know she is clear now though i doubt it is from proactive. She probably had some sort of hormonal issue (someone said she had a hair chest?!?).