Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristiana

Acne article in Allure magazine

For those of you who are interested, I just wanted to let you know that the latest Allure magazine (the one with Eve on the cover) has a pretty lengthy article detailing the controversy over the diet-and-acne connection, suggesting good foods to eat, which foods to stay away from. All of this is sparked by a recent study of two tribes in the South pacific that have absolutely no acne---no even one teenager or one adult has a pimple. So, the article talks about their diet and hypothesizes that their non-Western diet may be a factor.

I don't have the article here in front of me, but from what I read, it appears that the tribes did not live in industrialized areas of the country. Thus, they had no access to fast food, processed foods, etc. They mainly ate things like beans and peanuts and other vegetables. Nothing processed or too sugary.

The opponents of this theory still submit that genetics play the largest factor. Perhaps the tribe simply has good genes. It's a very interesting discussion.