Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daz2

5 months on...

hi guys im 5 months off roaccutane and i thought my skin was looking near perfect after my formal/prom photos but then i went to a party the night after and got a photo with a friend, saw the photo a couple of days later and it looked really pink and even blemishes. It beats me how this happened...possibly different light? well i use nivea for me moisturiser every night before a go to bed, cleanse every evening and exfoliate around twice a week and what im asking is do i need to do more? will tanning give my skin an even tone?

Daz

It could just be the lighting, Was in Inside?

Anyway the things your doing to you skin is great. Tanning will hide any red marks and uneven skin tone temoprarly, but i have head that tanning over red marks is bad for some reason, But if its just for uneven skin tone i guess it will work well.

tanning can and my increase breakouts.

Tanning thickens the skin and dries the outer layer. As your sebum tries to rise to the surface its faced now with the thicker skin. You may or may not get blockages that lead to breakouts. This is why most who tan breakout three to four weeks later.

Tanning is bad period. It can also darken redmarks sometimes, and or alleviate them as UV rays are a strong anti-inflammatory.

Good luck

it depends, i started tanning a week ago and ive been off roaccutane 2 months, tanning is good if u just have blotchy skin rather than definate red marks, my marks have been hidden really well

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Tanning is a quick fix that may seem like a good idea, but in one way or another it will damage your skin. It can cause you to breakout more not to mention it can cause cancer. It also contributes to the aging of the skin. There are other ways to even out skin tone that don't involve long term damage to the skin.

at school where I lived there was this real intense white light in the washroom

I always got depressed whenever I looked at it.. could see every red mark, everything on my face.

But with a normal house light/mirror I seemed just fine.

Lighting is huge...

What I do is just try to avoid the bright mirrors now.. too depressing

shit i know that feeling. i think if u tan responsibly and intelligently at a salon than you wont do so much damage and u can really hide blemishes and uneven skintones

yeh guys its pretty much blotchy skin which looks real good in the morning and seems to get worse as my temperature rises, get streesed out etc looks bad in some lighting whereas looks real good in other. Its hard to explain but i just hate it when u look at a photo and think: do i really look like that? thats what image ppl think when they think of me?

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Some people will get blotchy when their body temp rises. The lights may have made that more apparent. I really don't think tanning is a good idea. In any form. Maybe it's because I knew someone who went to tanning beds and got cancer from it. It's not something a 17 year old wants to deal with. But in the end it's your skin and your decision.

always wear sunscreen, exposure to the sun only worsens hyperpigmentation, particularly if you are on or have been on roaccutane. i know my spots go bright red if i dont wear sunscreen every day.