Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melrv75

Zinc, Vitamin C & Exercise life long Myths

Hi,

Umm, I'm kind of new here and not sure about the process of asking questions so I'll just jump in....

Some people have told me taking Zinc tablets helps your skin and fight acne, but that it may be bad for the kidney's or liver or some such stuff. Is this true? The same goes for Vitamin C.

What doses of Zinc and Vitamin C should I take? Like what's excess?

Also will exercising help regulate hormones or just make more of them and increase acne?

sorry if i've not followed a posting protocol or something...

Cheers

umm... i take 50mg of zinc daily... its just the size of the tablets i get from the local GNC store... i also take 2000mg of Vit C daily...(if i can)... the zinc seems to help alot with the healing... so yes i does help...

exercise is good for ur acne... excercise uses up sugar stores within ur body, thus reducing insulin levels... thus helping with ur acne problems... Plus exercise reduces stress... so exercise... its good for u...

i neva heard anythin about it being bad for ur liver... anyone else know?

Like many vits/mins, I think when it comes to zinc you just have to be sensible. Usually I take a course of supplements then give my body a week's break. This is especially important if you are taking a number of supplements and even more important if the doses are way above the R.D.A. The body doesn't always like processing so many different nutrients at such high levels so it is good to let it have a 'rest' period.

50mg/day of zinc is the max. you should go and is still pretty high. I rotate my zinc dosages of 50mg/day one day then drop down to 20mg-25mg/day another. Zinc supplements at these doses are only bad if you are eating foodstuffs that are high in zinc thus pushing into the 60mg+ area which isn't too good.

With regards to exercise, DEFINITELY DO IT!!! 'JUST DO IT' wink.gif

You should exercise at least 3 times a week for an hour or more each time to the point of sweating. You really need those endorphin chemicals pumping around your body as they are our stress-fighters. Moreover, cardio-vascular exercise is one of the best forms because it increases oxygen uptake into the body which will help destroy any candida albicans lurking inside your body as they hate the O2 smile.gif

It's also an easy way to balance your hormones as long as you also have a sensible lifestyle.

Like many vits/mins, I think when it comes to zinc you just have to be sensible. Usually I take a course of supplements then give my body a week's break. This is especially important if you are taking a number of supplements and even more important if the doses are way above the R.D.A. The body doesn't always like processing so many different nutrients at such high levels so it is good to let it have a 'rest' period.

50mg/day of zinc is the max. you should go and is still pretty high. I rotate my zinc dosages of 50mg/day one day then drop down to 20mg-25mg/day another. Zinc supplements at these doses are only bad if you are eating foodstuffs that are high in zinc thus pushing into the 60mg+ area which isn't too good.

You should exercise at least 3 times a week for an hour or more each time to the point of sweating. You really need those endorphin chemicals pumping around your body as they are our stress-fighters. Moreover, cardio-vascular exercise is one of the best forms because it increases oxygen uptake into the body which will help destroy any candida albicans lurking inside your body as they hate the O2 smile.gif

It's also an easy way to balance your hormones as long as you also have a sensible lifestyle.

I just bought 50 mg Zinc supplement. I am not taking any other supplement, so would I risk anything? What foods are high in zinc?

Hi,im new here too.

Im on accutane right now.I have moderate to severe acne,with some active pimple. Can i do exercise?like jogging or running?or just dont do it at all,cause it will make breakout more???

Hi,im new here too.

Im on accutane right now.I have moderate to severe acne,with some active pimple. Can i do exercise?like jogging or running?or just dont do it at all,cause it will make breakout more???