Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avi

considering dropping out

these bill gate analogies are pretty stupid. For every bill gates that drops out of college there are probably a million others who end up doing f all the rest of their lives.

Truly, you guys are idiots if you think you're better off not going to college. Yes there are those that are "successful" without that higher level of education, but that is like saying, there are poker players that make a decent living.

I think the more important issue here is, you guys do not realize the basic concept, what you put in is what you get out. There will always be classes that you absolutely dread, and even if you find it pointless, who cares. Atleast you are trying to accomplish something. It is better to fail trying then to never try at all.

I would definitely say go to college. My college classes were more interesting and actually easier than what I took in high school, and it's a cool time in your life when you are living away from your parents but don't really have any personal responsibilities to other people. College was a good time and it's a good way to meet people too. You really don't need to know anything about your college major in high school either so don't worry about that. If you aren't sure you want to do further study, definitely try to do a degree which comes with some sort of job training or is a pre-professional degree. Good examples of this are urban planning, chemistry, economics, business, IT/comp sci, public admin or nursing, although I'm sure there are others out there. Also, if you don't think you are ready now it is OK to take a year out and work for a while. That is becoming more and more acceptable so don't worry about being a year or two or a few older when you start college.