Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

eeeeeeek, bp problem, is this normal?

eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

i wasn't too happy with my bp results. so i stopped entirely. this morning, i woke up to this: the areas where i used to apply bp is sooooooo red, like i got a sunburn. it's red and my skin looks soooo gross, like i have a rash or something. in the morning, it hurts slightly to touch. now, after a day, it doesn't hurt but the area is definitely warmer than usual. is this normal? when should i expect it to subside?

don't worry it would go away it happened to me to. you should keep moisturise the area day and night as it is very dry and irritated by teh effects of BP. i guess how fast it goes away depends on your skin. for me it took me over a week.

Keep moisturizing to soothe the skin. Avoid all medicated topical products until it calms down.

Dryness and redness is to be expected if you have never used BP before and are completely new to it. Initially it tends to be pretty harsh on the skin and with some people unfortunately it takes major adjustment. It's crucial to use a 2.5% BP and VERY slowly increase the amount of BP you use as you adjust to allow your skin to sort of become immune to it's strength, so if you apply a bunch just starting out, I would imagine in your case, I'm not saying you did or did not, but that's exactly what would happen. There are ways to minimize it, but it takes a lot of patience if you don't have the patience then this regimen is not for you.

Also about the "optional" moisturizing at night, I completely disagree with it. I think you should moisturize after every single application of BP and even when you are not using BP, always moisturize the skin. It's very important as it keeps the moisture levels in balance and helps protect the skin while preventing dryness, redness, burning, and so forth. So, always moisturize. If you use a moisturizer with SPF, which I also don't agree with, then get a safe moisturizer for the evening that you can use before bed.