Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joey.

Off Tane/Red Marks/Scars - Questions Welcomed

What dose are you on Mystero???

80MG..

I cried when I got off work. I couldn't think of a reason besides car payment I got there. Life sucks right now. blah.

I am sure you are tired of helpful hints that don;t work...but I have one more. WHen I began shaving everyday whether I had a heavy growth or not and wiht with DOWNWARD strokes, while taking Accutane, my skin cleared quickly and the red marks faded. I noticed you have a beard, That might not be a good idea until you have this under control.... :doubt:

PBG

Most of the red marks are above my beard line and I don't get any active acne anymore in the facial hair region. I will start shaving a lot more but blah.. lol.

wow. Do you think it's the Accutane that is making you emotional (re: crying about work). I have been quite teary since starting, but I really don't know if it is the Accutane; I might've been equally upset on those occassions even if I weren't on Accutane.

Yeah. My face is pretty BLAH too. Pores as huge as car garages on my face :evil:

ye i definately reckon tane messes with your mind abit...i smashed my blender on the ground the other day out of frustration...:lol2: ...sucks cause now i gotta buy another one, but ye i get more worked up over small things now and also feel more down on myself than usual

hey myst your time is coming very soon hang tight... and dont break any house appliances out of frustration!! :D

wow. Do you think it's the Accutane that is making you emotional (re: crying about work). I have been quite teary since starting, but I really don't know if it is the Accutane; I might've been equally upset on those occassions even if I weren't on Accutane.

Yeah. My face is pretty BLAH too. Pores as huge as car garages on my face :evil:

ye i definately reckon tane messes with your mind abit...i smashed my blender on the ground the other day out of frustration...:lol2: ...sucks cause now i gotta buy another one, but ye i get more worked up over small things now and also feel more down on myself than usual

hey myst your time is coming very soon hang tight... and dont break any house appliances out of frustration!! :D

I've accepted myself, which is better than accutane can help. I go out more and one girl, who didn't look at me, started talking to me when I was cracking jokes. My face was clear for aboput 6 days, I now have like 3 coming in, they are small but still OH WELL. I got my prescription today after 6 days, yes, haha, the 6 days I didn't have it I was clear, Ironic. My face is the best its looked in 2 months. Basically my course, I see nice things in the future. Thanks for the support guys.

Yes, I do get frustrated over things and once I blamed it on Accutane and the girl I was talking to didn't believe me. I got so pissed off about it.. HAHA. I'm a wreck but I've been fine. I looked @ myself in flurescent light at work in the bathroom. Haven't done that in 1 month.

Breakout #5

I don't really care anymore. Shit happens, whatever. I have one on my right cheek, BIG three headed monster one. I have one, that came out of nowhere on my chin, hurts, hope its not a cyst. I have three little bumps on the right side, may become pimples. Left is still smooth and forehead is too. Red Marks suck, but not as much as hiding your life away. Everyone listen to me, live life, I have and its much better.

hey sorry to hear about your rollercoaster journey with accutane. im just about to finish 1 month and its like okay as for right now. im only on 60 mg a day, so maybe thats why. it seems lke the accutane completely cleared my active acne for about 2 weeks and now im just starting ot get little breakouts. they suck! nothing out of the normal for me so far, and nothing crazy. but im so scared to like get my dose upped next week! i hope my skin stays the same and content. i believe that tane actually fades redmarks. also, about the whole girl situation, girls dont even look at guys skin. i mean yes they do, but like if you have some pimples girls dont notice that because we 're so not perfect! i duno me n my friends talk about it all the time, how we dont mind guys with some acne, and i've seen your pics ...your fine! just hang in there okay....cuz i am too and you'l have beautiful skin someday!!

Ok. NEVERMIND. I haven't had my soap come in in like 4 days, and my face is breaking out. My chin, under my nose. On my lips, cheeks. I don't understand, it was suppose to be over. I see bumps all over. I should have never went on Accutane. Its no miracle drug, I know I'm one of the 10% it doesnt work for. My face is horrible. I was happy, I'm not anymore.

Hey Myst,

cheer up. From what I've heard some people take longer for Accutane to kick in, some people don't even start clearing until after the fifth month, or even after their course. As for me, if you remember we started roughly about the same time... I'm getting clearer, but my old pimples seem to be taking forever to clear away. They kind of just stay there and look like they're half healing but they're not, which is really not much better than having a pimple there.

It sucks, cheer up.

Hey you've only been using it for like 2 and a half months? I've heard you usually see dramatic results after 4 months, so I'm sure that after christmas break ends you'll be clearer. And what soap have you been using?

Aww. This was like...the most informative log on the forums!! I know I'd never get up the courage to post pics, even photoshopped ones! Yes. I read all 11 pages. ^__^ *hug* I started just about a month ago. I mean, I may update my own Log, but I think I'll think you'll be seein' more of me in here. I'm in between breakouts right now. I do breakout quite a few when I do, but they're spread out throughout my face, neck, chest, shoulders, upper back/lower back, so the ones that are on my face are far outnumbered by the rest (which I can cover up with...hmm...a shirt! n.n See...I've suffered with acne along with depression and dealing with my sexuality and rejection from my dad, but I still force myself to take some time to sit down and look at whatever bright side I can find. Just, hang in there, look towards the light (not the Wal-

Mart light!! =D)! Alright, bro. Peace! ^_~V,

And...despite everything you think, and how disturbed you might be that a male is telling you this, you're very cute, w/or w/out acne. *pats head* If you are disturbed, uber apologies, but look at the bright side of THIS, if you can pull women AND men, you're clearly not bad looking...AT. ALL.

-EYC

I drank and smoked. I'm breaking out now. Shit. My clear side is no t clear anymore. Breaking out. Right seems ok, but everything is so red. GAAAH! I have horribler scars, they look shorrible. WILL THEY HEAL? WILL I BE SCARRED FOREWVER!?

Don't give up! Since your on such a high dose is probably why your still breaking out - but, b/c of that, its just getting all the junk out of your system and you probably WILL have clear skin for life!! Just remember, its almost half way over and you'll have GREAT SKIN that you'll never even have to think about again!! Thats the only thing getting me through here. :)

Laurel

I drank and smoked. I'm breaking out now. Shit. My clear side is no t clear anymore. Breaking out. Right seems ok, but everything is so red. GAAAH! I have horribler scars, they look shorrible. WILL THEY HEAL? WILL I BE SCARRED FOREWVER!?

I wonder the same thing, but people are telling me scars look much worse while on Accutane. Let's hope so. :pray: Mine look worse than they ever have right now, the skin on both cheeks looks awful. Hang in there, I'm having to tell myself the same thing!

Dude, welcome to my world. I took the stuff when i was 23--now i'm 35! let me give you my lessons--maybe they'll help:

- first off, i took tane for 6 mos then had extra pills leftover so took about another month.

- I did NOT have 80mg a day--think i went with 40mg the whole time, maybe maxed to 60mg.

- As a result, i'm now taking it again! I would have given anything to break out more back then than [email protected]!

- cystic acne sux balls

- the marks were horrendous--insane! i saw your pics and u should get down on the ground and thank God

those are all u got! i often liken myself to Job in the bible. mine are 5x the size of yours--and i have to go to work and suck it up.

- i'd say screw any oil - i did get VERY dry lips and skin--i used some neosporin gel as a moisturuzer as it didn't dry me out five minutes after putting it on alike a lot of crappy moisturizers and i knew it healed my cuts, right? maybe not best but that's what i did.

- i did the makeup thing as well--life is hell but it builds character. soon we won't be able to walk thru doors, we'll all be so swelled up with character!

- the marks went away after 2 -3 months, the last months i was clear except for a very few. then i kept clearing up for months after. sad that i didn't take a high dosage like u. the weird thing is that after a few months, since the tretinoin leeches out vitamin A, all your orifices start to seal up--your lips feel like they're going to glue shut at night, your anus, everything. it's freaky but it also helps every scar, lesion, etc heal back together. all your worst nightmare pimples will heal and u won't look back.

- i too went thru some bizarre mental states on the stuff. when i got upped from 40mg to 60mg, i actually got so mad about nothing that i bonked my mom on the head in the front seat of the car! well, i was so embarassed i stopped taking pills for a day then i seemed to cool down--was like roid rage or something. thank god it was near the end. let the little things go.

- i'm now on my second course as after about 6 months to a year of my first course i went back to intermittent bumps. over the years i finally got fed up and am doing the second course. wish i'd done it again way back!

-i broke out my first night on the new course -- in two spots. i always found my bumps popped up along my blood paths in my face, so along the sides of my nose, mouth and down along my jawline, and over my chin for some reason. i found blood veins under there as i would try pressing on the bumps to cut off the blood circulation some time (didn't work but got out my anger maybe).

- another thing i noticed was that i got bumps based on my diet big time! so forever after i stopped eating oily fast food--no pizza, etc. before this second course i would never eat a pizza, or a piece of cheese or red meat without having a glass of wine to cut the fat or in fifteen minutes i'd get a big break-out bump guaranteed. but i think like someone said while you are on the juice(ha), eat all the breakout crap you can so it will raise up all the bumps now and get killed. don't be like me and do it again later! oof.

- i'm waiting until xmas when i intend to eat every disgusting fatty food possible and go for broke on the break out when i'm away from people.

-- good luck. sorry this was so long, but hopefully this will help. maybe this is all happening to make us better people--less self-centered?.

Peace beautiful people!

Hi Mystero! Are you still on 80mg?

Don't feel too discouraged. I know it's hard not to at times, but everyone responds to accutane differently. I'm on week 30 (120mgs) and for weeks I was finally clear, but the other day I got a new pimple. A big one too. And this is my second time on accutane (generic). Sometimes I feel like I'm part of that group that accutane will not help. But it has made a huge difference in the severity of breakouts and hopefully this time it will work for me. The first time I was on accutane my derm kept me at 60mgs a day for five months.....my face never fully cleared and cystic acne returned within 6 months. I started seeing a new derm and I started on 40mg and gradually climbed up to 120mg/day and I can see a big difference. Hopefully this latest zit is my LAST!

Anyway, maybe you should talk to your derm and see if your dose needs to be increased? Good Luck!

Dude, welcome to my world. I took the stuff when i was 23--now i'm 35! let me give you my lessons--maybe they'll help:

- first off, i took tane for 6 mos then had extra pills leftover so took about another month.

- I did NOT have 80mg a day--think i went with 40mg the whole time, maybe maxed to 60mg.

- As a result, i'm now taking it again! I would have given anything to break out more back then than [email protected]!

- cystic acne sux balls

- the marks were horrendous--insane! i saw your pics and u should get down on the ground and thank God

those are all u got! i often liken myself to Job in the bible. mine are 5x the size of yours--and i have to go to work and suck it up.

- i'd say screw any oil - i did get VERY dry lips and skin--i used some neosporin gel as a moisturuzer as it didn't dry me out five minutes after putting it on alike a lot of crappy moisturizers and i knew it healed my cuts, right? maybe not best but that's what i did.

- i did the makeup thing as well--life is hell but it builds character. soon we won't be able to walk thru doors, we'll all be so swelled up with character!

- the marks went away after 2 -3 months, the last months i was clear except for a very few. then i kept clearing up for months after. sad that i didn't take a high dosage like u. the weird thing is that after a few months, since the tretinoin leeches out vitamin A, all your orifices start to seal up--your lips feel like they're going to glue shut at night, your anus, everything. it's freaky but it also helps every scar, lesion, etc heal back together. all your worst nightmare pimples will heal and u won't look back.

- i too went thru some bizarre mental states on the stuff. when i got upped from 40mg to 60mg, i actually got so mad about nothing that i bonked my mom on the head in the front seat of the car! well, i was so embarassed i stopped taking pills for a day then i seemed to cool down--was like roid rage or something. thank god it was near the end. let the little things go.

- i'm now on my second course as after about 6 months to a year of my first course i went back to intermittent bumps. over the years i finally got fed up and am doing the second course. wish i'd done it again way back!

-i broke out my first night on the new course -- in two spots. i always found my bumps popped up along my blood paths in my face, so along the sides of my nose, mouth and down along my jawline, and over my chin for some reason. i found blood veins under there as i would try pressing on the bumps to cut off the blood circulation some time (didn't work but got out my anger maybe).

- another thing i noticed was that i got bumps based on my diet big time! so forever after i stopped eating oily fast food--no pizza, etc. before this second course i would never eat a pizza, or a piece of cheese or red meat without having a glass of wine to cut the fat or in fifteen minutes i'd get a big break-out bump guaranteed. but i think like someone said while you are on the juice(ha), eat all the breakout crap you can so it will raise up all the bumps now and get killed. don't be like me and do it again later! oof.

- i'm waiting until xmas when i intend to eat every disgusting fatty food possible and go for broke on the break out when i'm away from people.

-- good luck. sorry this was so long, but hopefully this will help. maybe this is all happening to make us better people--less self-centered?.

Peace beautiful people!

So basically after my course my redmarks will fade? Did any fade while on your course. I have mild fading. I got my last breakout from smoking and alcohol, no doubt. I havent had my soap in about a week, drugstore.com sucks ass. I was clear and feeling good with redmarks. Also did your scars heal at all?

Guest tenshigirl25

how isa everything going with the course? its near 3 months now? this was when my skin started to get good..i know u cant really see it from my photos because of webcam but everything about my skin has really calmed down now. ive been taking flaxseed oil everyday and havnt been using a cleanser, only very other day, just hot water and steaming aswell as aloe vera..i think this has helped with red marks.

Im at week, uh, 9 I think.

My skins lookin like shit too dood =/

Pores still havn't shrunk at all... red marks galore, still quite a few actives.. and they keep coming.

I'm at 60 mg now... I think I may be getting a slight breakout from the rise from 40.

We're all in this together man.

hey mysty! wassup...just thought id pop in and see how u doin, well how u doin? me im in my 8th week and still lookng like crap, staying on 40mg/day proabably til the new year cos knee been bugging me, then up to 60mg where i shall encounter yet another breakout no doubt, ahh this sucks...u started on 80mg/day right? was talking to my doc about starting on high doses and he reckons no point other than finishing course sooner but side effects/breakouts more severe. . .how far into your course are you now?

- cystic acne sux balls

Peace beautiful people!

So basically after my course my redmarks will fade? Did any fade while on your course. I have mild fading. I got my last breakout from smoking and alcohol, no doubt. I havent had my soap in about a week, drugstore.com sucks ass. I was clear and feeling good with redmarks. Also did your scars heal at all?

mystero,

yah, the marks all healed up, no problem. i got one mark alongside my nose cuz i picked at one/performed virtual surgery! cuz i couldn't take it anymore. that's my lone scar. but i really went after that sucker! i would suggest u don't do that!

the red marks are the residue from those zits pulled up from way down under, just got to go thru your 7 layers of skin to get out. they get dried up by the tane. just huge pain, right?

i think most of our problems are due to embarassment, whereas in reality most people don't give a crap about others, they're too worried about themselves. if u are on the bus or walkin thru the mall and u see someone with acne, do u give a crap? if anything, u probably feel sorry for them. i've no idea why it's so emabarrassing to have acne. if u saw a dog with red marks, u would think, let me put some salve on it or take him to the vet to get fixed up. the dog wouldn't be embarrassed and u wouldn't think any less of him either! people are more screwed in the head than on their skin!