Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joey.

Off Tane/Red Marks/Scars - Questions Welcomed

dear dreamingoftheday...... Can i give you a little advice? I personally broke out more with the st.Ives apricot radiance cream cleanser, Perhaps you want to try the original Apricot scrub and scrub gently.... every time i stop using it... i tend to get oilier+flaky.....as soon as i start using it again i immediately get smoother skin. It's a small difference but it really helps. Just make sure not to scrub your face...just glide the scrub acros your face gently ...i personally use about a grape-size amount everytime i wash...it helps..... i hpe it helps you!!

Hey Mysterio, I know exactly how you feel. I am on day 60 or something around there and this has been up and down rollercoaster. However, most of the ride has been down. My dad is actually my doctor and the one prescribing the Accutane for me. I would probably say these last two months have been the worst. Not only has my social life gone down to zero, but I would say that I have hit depression too. To be clear my depression is not from Accutane, but from the acne that covers my face. My self confidence has just gone down the drain. Currently my face is actually getting better. I have a lot of bumps under the skin from old cysts and pimples. I'm hoping that this is the turning point, but everytime I think that the opposite happens.

I'm not here to cheer you up because if you are like me, nothing will help except a sign of clear skin. Instead i'm here to just relate with you. So that if I do start clearing you will have an estimate of when you might clear too. I know everyone is different on this medicine, but I go around looking through people's logs hoping to find a trend among when they start clearing. Well good luck with everything.

I have trouble sleeping thinking about the acne. Seems I have a few coming in around the mouth. A area I've never had it. They are small but it sucks. My right side is finally claming down, seems it will clear by wednesday, yes, I can estimate when the pimples go away, its crazy. My left side is now resuming its 2 week ago process and now breaking out. Why can't both stay clear. Forehead is clear. I have one under my jaw. SUCKS SUCKS.. Oh well, 1 more month till my derm said I should see the dramatic shit.

LA LA LA LA ACNE still here. LA LA LA LA worse its been in years. LA LA LA LA Cheeks are exploding yes. LA LA LA LA. My face is busted right now, horrible. My pics dont show how bad its gotten, my cheeks are exploding AGAIN! What the hell. Its almost two months and I'm breaking out worse than before. My whole body is aching lips dead. Why won't it work! DAMNIT!

Mystero, thanks for your awesome log. My daughter started on accutane about a month before you, and let me tell you, from your description I thought your breakout must be awful, but from your pictures it's really mild/moderate. I know you're suffering, but believe me, it could be much much worse. Redmarks? You have no redmarks. My daughter has streaks down both sides of her face that are solid red. Take your whiteheads and mulitply by 4...that's how many she has. It's just crazy.

Anyway, I don't mean to diminish your pain, but there's a kid at my daughter's school with much worse skin than yours who's got girls all over him. I can honestly say that the number of pimples you have could easily be overlooked by other kids.

Anyway, I wish I could bottle up one thing my daughter has and sell it, and that's her attitude. She is in friggin' month three and still breaking out, with red streaks about an inch wide on both sides of her face, and she just presses on like nothing is wrong. I am so impressed. She was in the school play and it didn't phase her to be on stage at all. I wish I had her attitude, because it's really impressive.

When she's not breaking out she's really pretty (and I'm not biased at all, lol). She has gorgeous blue eyes that are giant with long dark lashes. I can't wait till this passes.

One thing my daughter does is she doesn't look in the mirror at all, and I believe spends zero time thinking about it because there's nothing she can do about it, and knows eventually it will end.

Good luck to you. Try to enjoy your 18th year. Life is good.

hey mystero i have been reading ur logs 4 about a month now and i am on the same time as u r on accutane. when i first got accutane my face wasnt to bad but after that it just exploded and ever since then its been up and down, for now its ok but i have scaring i can see that will be a result of using accutane. do u no of any things i can do to reduce the number of red marks they suck!

well gluck hopefully well both come out with nice skin when this is all done

Mystero, thanks for your awesome log. My daughter started on accutane about a month before you, and let me tell you, from your description I thought your breakout must be awful, but from your pictures it's really mild/moderate. I know you're suffering, but believe me, it could be much much worse. Redmarks? You have no redmarks. My daughter has streaks down both sides of her face that are solid red. Take your whiteheads and mulitply by 4...that's how many she has. It's just crazy.

Anyway, I don't mean to diminish your pain, but there's a kid at my daughter's school with much worse skin than yours who's got girls all over him. I can honestly say that the number of pimples you have could easily be overlooked by other kids.

Anyway, I wish I could bottle up one thing my daughter has and sell it, and that's her attitude. She is in friggin' month three and still breaking out, with red streaks about an inch wide on both sides of her face, and she just presses on like nothing is wrong. I am so impressed. She was in the school play and it didn't phase her to be on stage at all. I wish I had her attitude, because it's really impressive.

When she's not breaking out she's really pretty (and I'm not biased at all, lol). She has gorgeous blue eyes that are giant with long dark lashes. I can't wait till this passes.

One thing my daughter does is she doesn't look in the mirror at all, and I believe spends zero time thinking about it because there's nothing she can do about it, and knows eventually it will end.

Sometimes I just vent on here, I do try to hide my pain when I"m out and I start my new job today. I'm worried about what people will say about my face. :( Your daughter is amazing, which I had her confidence, hope she gets clear soon.

hey mystero i have been reading ur logs 4 about a month now and i am on the same time as u r on accutane. when i first got accutane my face wasnt to bad but after that it just exploded and ever since then its been up and down, for now its ok but i have scaring i can see that will be a result of using accutane. do u no of any things i can do to reduce the number of red marks they suck!

well gluck hopefully well both come out with nice skin when this is all done

I have scarring too and tons of red marks, nothing we can do right now, cause if I could, I wouldn't have them lol. Good Luck, I'll stop by your log sometimes also.

Mystero bro hang in there man, I'm taking this Accutane/roaccutane thing too. It's been 3 weeks for me now, when was your skin good whilst taking it, was it real good or havent you reached the level you want to be your skin at. By the way i ve just turned 20, ive had this acne since i was 17 and now i had enough, looking at people, no better than you enjoying life because the have clear skin and me feeling inferior, well no way i aint take this. Bro we're taking this drug, its proven quality we will get rid of this bull and besides we will probably out grow it as well.

Mystero bro hang in there man, I'm taking this Accutane/roaccutane thing too. It's been 3 weeks for me now, when was your skin good whilst taking it, was it real good or havent you reached the level you want to be your skin at. By the way i ve just turned 20, ive had this acne since i was 17 and now i had enough, looking at people, no better than you enjoying life because the have clear skin and me feeling inferior, well no way i aint take this. Bro we're taking this drug, its proven quality we will get rid of this bull and besides we will probably out grow it as well.

Honestly, I won't be satisfied till everything is gone. Red marks, pimples and scars. This Journal when I get off Accutane, will become the Red Mark Conquest, then the Scar-A-Venture. Haha. It was ok at times, right now its the worse its ever been. It should clear up soon, so just redmarks. Its hard to really gauge results.. I mean, red marks vs pimples.

i know dude this acne sucks... i also wont be satisified and confident until everything is back to normal..but i guess thats human nature hey, we're never satisified. hang in there another 1-2 mths and things will clear...so things really get bad around the 2mth mark hey...im scared

i know dude this acne sucks... i also wont be satisified and confident until everything is back to normal..but i guess thats human nature hey, we're never satisified. hang in there another 1-2 mths and things will clear...so things really get bad around the 2mth mark hey...im scared

Our acne is similar but you never know with Accutane. You could be clear, you could break out like I did. I got a few around my mouth, shiiiiit. haha. My forehead is still coool sailing, Im happy about that.

Guest tenshigirl25

ive seen your photos and it really is just mild..thanks for th comment by the way..i happen to think ur the best lookin' 1 on here :shhh::)

Wow, now that sounds like the current state of my acne. My initial breakout started Sunday and I've been in pure hell since then. I only wish I had your daughter's attitude and confidence to go along with it.

ive seen your photos and it really is just mild..thanks for th comment by the way..i happen to think ur the best lookin' 1 on here :shhh: :)

You look amazing. I saw that pic and just speechless. You really resmeble my ex. girlfriend. Hit Up Wendys Killer XX haha.

ye same my forehead is staying clear aswell so far...hope it stay that way

Yeah, I'm glad I can wear my hair up in the front so people see nice clear skin.

Wow, now that sounds like the current state of my acne. My initial breakout started Sunday and I've been in pure hell since then. I only wish I had your daughter's attitude and confidence to go along with it.

Me too.

Hey, ok time for a quick update.

My job sucks but its giving me more confidence to be out. I'm becoming social since I have to help customers, a few do stare at my face but it doesn't bother me as much. Don't know why?

My face is almost just redmarks. Yeah, i know my few past logs have talked about the breakout but its slowing and I have about 3 pimples. Forehead, Temple and Cheek. My face was really smooth, I trimmed my beard. Lots of redmarks but oh well. I'm keeping my head up, have too. Seems now that I got to bed early for work, its also helping, Face is getting dryer. Ok. bye.

hey Mystero! Im glad to hear that you've decided to keep your head up. By the time your read this, you'll most likely be out of work and back home. I just hope your day at work went well. I used to hate working sometimes when my acne would flare up badly. i used to feel that perhaps people didn't want my help because they thought I was dirty or gross. i would love to work again, but school keeps me busy. So...I hope you didn't get too many stares at work today.... hey, you never know...they might be staring at you cuz you look good and they are just jealous.... haha. Well, i hope you stay in an upbeat mood...and I am praying that your face will reach te point you want it to.(no acen, no redness, no scars.) oh yea.... i almost forgot, SMILE! :-)

hey whats up man...ive been reading your log for quite some time now, very nice as in showing the ups and downs and moodswings...

damn i wish i had some damn hair grow on my face to cover the acne...i recently cut my hair from longer in my avatar to really short and now acne really blows.

anyways derm appt in 1.5 weeks - hoping for accutane, check my gallery out - ive tried everything else...but ill definitely keep up with your log even when i start my own...

good luck man !

-henry

hey whats up man...ive been reading your log for quite some time now, very nice as in showing the ups and downs and moodswings...

damn i wish i had some damn hair grow on my face to cover the acne...i recently cut my hair from longer in my avatar to really short and now acne really blows.

anyways derm appt in 1.5 weeks - hoping for accutane, check my gallery out - ive tried everything else...but ill definitely keep up with your log even when i start my own...

good luck man !

-henry

Honestly, getting a haircut before Accutane is actually a good idea. I got to the point now, I don't care about my acne as much. I work now, go out more. Blah. I hope you get it to man, I'll keep track of yours also. Glad mine could help, any questions I will answer for you.

Everything is bla. My cheeks are red marks galore, I have... two active pimples and one coming in. Isn't bad, I should be happy but so many redmarks from the hell-ace-ish breakouts. Work Sucks, School Sucks. Life really sucks, soon things should be better if fading takes place.

It pisses me off when WalGreens gives me shit about my prescription. Again I will go 4 days without Accutane, such bullshit.

My face.. Its all redmarks. I have one.... HUGE PIMPLE by my lip, its so noticeble. I have a few coming in, always around my mouth now. My forehead is a godsent, I love it. Just redmarks and those few pimples. I heard someone say they saw scars when they were on accutane than they healed. I hope so. >_<