Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest niko

Oil Reduction

Guest niko

Will lactic acid peels (50%) help with oil reduction and mild occasional breakouts. Does anyone have any experience with these homepeels?

I think they do help with oil reduction, but you might want to try massaging your skin with jojoba oil at night and leave it on till the morning - somehow that oil mimics skins and stops oil - weird, but true.

something that worked for me: switching from toner to diluted vinegar. Toner actually seemed to make my face more oily. Strange. I also use blotting papers, though not very much since switching to the vinegar.

Guest niko

Cheers, I will look into all of these,

Right now Ketsugo sounds interesting, also very cheap and just a spray. I think I will do lactic peels later on.

Niko, I've used Ketsugo and Acne Miracle's oil regulating gel, and Acne Miracle's is better. Ketsugo has a pore clogging ingredient in it, while Acne Miracle's brand doesn't. But they both have the same active ingredient, just Acne Miracle's is more soothing and doesn't clog pores.

Hope that helps. Plus, if you order Ketsugo, you have to wait usually 2-3 weeks to get it from overseas. With AcneMiracle, that's not usually the case.

Denise--

where can you order this oil regulating gel stuff?, it sounds good

Does it prevent acne aswell? since it stops oil......

Mynameis: I am not too sure if it actually stops acne or not. Because you are usually on a few other things besides this regulating gel to help control acne. I do know that I have extremely oily skin and after 3-4 weeks, I had "normal" skin, but get a little oily around that time of the month.

Go to: www.acnemiracle.com

Their products are all natural with no chemicals or preservatives. I think they are the best on the market for acne.

Acne is usually compounded and aggravated by synthetic chemicals. These products are great.

Remember to get the GEL and not the SPRAY. The gel sinks right in immediately, the spray doesn't.

Mynameis:  I am not too sure if it actually stops acne or not.  Because you are usually on a few other things besides this regulating gel to help control acne.  I do know that I have extremely oily skin and after 3-4 weeks, I had "normal" skin, but get a little oily around that time of the month.

Go to:  www.acnemiracle.com

Their products are all natural with no chemicals or preservatives.  I think they are the best on the market for acne.

Acne is usually compounded and aggravated by synthetic chemicals.  These products are great.

Remember to get the GEL and not the SPRAY.  The gel sinks right in immediately, the spray doesn't.

Wow Denise2 - great info on the acnemiracle. I checked out the website and I am impressed with what I saw at least.

The toner contains raw apple cider vinegar!

I don't think I'd have a need for step 2 (regulating spray) but I definitely might consider adding the cleanser, toner and gel into my skin care regimen.

I'm really impressed with the gel - it's got jojoba and emu oil -and the following

Pantothenic Acid - Breaks down skin oils and helps to soothe irritated skin. Fights acne

MSM/Sulfur -Necessary for oxidation, antibacterial, clears toxicity, penetrates & conditions

Green Tea Extract -Soother/Moisturizer. Potent antioxidant. 200 x's stronger than Vit-E at lipid peroxidation.

Organic Aloe Vera -Organic, cell regenerator, redness. Pure Whole Leaf Organic Aloe Vera

Niacinamide -Highly effective against acne bacteria. Proven anti-inflammatory. Contains 4% Niacinamide.

Tea Tree Oil -Antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral. Oil reg-

ulator. Absorbs easily & penetrates deep

Manuka Oil -5 times more antiseptic than Australian Tea Tree Oil. Effective acne fighter.

Grape Seed Extract -Powerful free radical scavenger & antioxidant. Stronger than Vit-E (50 x's) & Vit-C (20 x's)

Alpha Lipoic Acid -Powerful sulfur containing supernutrient. Potent antioxidant (recycles Vit-E & Vit-C)

Olive Leaf Extract -Extraordinary antibacterial, antiviral, antiparasitic, and antifungal herbal product.

Guest niko

That stuff looks like its top quality

Yeah that acnecure gel looks impressive. I have heard niacinamide is good for treating acne and the other ingredients are like wow!

Denise can this stuff treat cysts or just small pimples. Have you had any good results when applying it to breakouts. I wonder what they mean when they say this stuff can heal acne lesions fast. What is their definition of a lesion.

Hey guys....yeah, when you read what's in the Acne Miracle topicals it is a huge WOW! I really love their stuff!!! I don't use their cleansers or toners, because cocnut oil is supposidly pore-clogging, but high in essential fatty acids. And I really like my Aubrey Organics toner as well. It has no chemicals or preservatives, either, and I can pick it up at the Vitamin Shoppe or health food store without paying s&h.

Will, I believe when they say "lesion", they mean ANY breakout. It works on any kind of acne or acne related skin issues.

But in all honesty, their regulating gel is very, very good. I think better than Ketsugo, and much more nourishing.....

Is it the "acnicure" gel you mean?

The ingredients seem totally different to the Ketsugo...

http://proven.virtualave.net/ketsugo.html

http://www.acnemiracle.com/acnicureing.html

but I am more impressed by the ingredients for acne miracle stuff. Tho I don't like their company name, I would never normally give something called "acne miracle" a second look as it sounds like a scam straight off, hehe.

In the last 1.5 months (since finding this board) I have started doing malt vinegar, lemon, honey, bentonite clay & cider vinegar, CP, taping, dermaroller and 50% lactic acid peels. I am just getting over all the inital breakouts from that stuff. So I might leave off trying something new for a while, hehe. But let me know how you get on with "acne miracle" if anyone starts using it, as I may be tempted :D