Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After reading so many posts, I'm convinced that people with acne can practically form a minority group/nationality. We have many similarities and come from same backgrounds. I mean, let's FACE it (hahah), there are 17 million people with acne. I'm surprised we haven't started a revolution yet! Well, since most people care too much about what people think about them or their acne (I don't really care anymore), I'm still going to poke fun at my acne, and whatnot.

So...we've all read about 100/88 ways to know you're Asian/Jewish/Nerd/blah blah...Now, I present to you my version of 30 ways to know you have BAD acne! Enjoy!!!

peace,

eM ([email protected])

Hey, you know you have BAD acne when...

1.) You join at least 2 online/real support groups

2.) You've made at least 100 posts

3.) You've seen a dermatologist but he/she wasn't helpful

4.) You've perused through a book about acne but it wasn't, let's just say, 100% effective

5.) People made fun of you: Pimple face/scar face, etc.

6.) Sometimes you wish you were dead (hopefully you don't now!!!)

7.) You laugh at those who complain about ONE pimple

8.) You don't watch T.V./read beauty magazines because seeing those with clear skin depresses you

9.) You're much cooler than those with clear skin because they can't handle a single zit (I mean, c'mon, they've gone through NOTHING)

10.) You feared asking someone out for a date because of your face.

11.) You avoid chocolate, even though research says it's okay for skin.

12.) You've tried at least one weird thing on your skin (toothpaste, green tea, melon peels)

13.) You hate those with clear skin (did I already mention that? Perhaps I wasn't CLEAR before)

14.) You feel misunderstood.

15.) You wished that acne didn't rob your childhood. Oh, whoops, it still does now anyway.

16.) Sometimes you want to stay indoors...

18.) People assume you have no life--or you're a nerd.

19.) You've tried literally EVERYTHING--enough already!

20.) You've read this far and you know what I'm talking about

21.) You claim you're an expert on acne

22.) You've bought at least one "as-seen-on-T.V." product

23.) You get, "Oh your face looks better" (but you know it hasn't) from neighbors and family members

24.) You blame your parents for bad acne

25.) You skipped prom, a formal, work, or a date because of acne.

26.) You wonder why how people get clear skin w/o washing it really

27.) You try not washing your face for a few days

28.) You've had it for at least a decade.

29.) You have about 30 more things to add to this thing, but you're too embarrassed to say it!!

NUMBER 30) YOU ADD SOMETHING, DAMMIT!!!

32) You are reading this in a supermax prison because you tore off the face of someone with really clear skin and decided to wear it about town.

:D/

Guest fatman_uk

You angle your face when talkin to people to show your 'good side'. #-o

-Gaz

You've been growing your hair for 3 years just so that you can han it over your face and hide your acne :D({|=

i got two .......When you hate your seinor picture because you dont look like that (They touch it up to make you look better).....When you hate youre 7th grade picture because you realize that you did look like that at one time.

this use to be a big one for me a year or two ago.....the only time your forced to see yourself in a well lit place is at the barber

i'm feelin' so depressed.

sometimes we can make it funny, but sittin' all alone and checkin' new products and things...

i live in romania. i saw a dermatologist a month ago and every 10 days from that moment on. i do not find any neutrogena in my country or, at least, some products which include bp. the doctor prescribed antibiotics. first it was really good but now it's all back and pretty scary!

hey hey

good comments all. see i knew we are like an ethnicity, Acnese. just a reminder to all of you to read the first chapter of my book, titled, "CHAPTER ONE OF MY BOOK" post!!!! Read it and send criticism/comments!!

thanks!!!

39) When you walk down the street and people smile at you akwardly and then turn away and gag, the whole time not realizing that you can see what they are doing from the buildings reflection. :)

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wait..number 27 Try not to wash your face for a few days? I thought that would provoke MORE acne? :-k

I don't know about you...I have oily face, if I don't wash it for a day, man..the next couple days I'd have one or two popping up.

Sorry- all the good ones are taken, I can't add more to the list! :)

You try everything to some-what clear up your face before school starts to give all your new classmates a good first impression.

When around children hope and prey they won't start asking

about what I have on my face ( I work at a school). The expression

on their face is of ugh, and when they ask in my nervousness it seems

like they are almost screaming.And everyone around me will just notice me even more and will want to hear what I will respond. Just a terrible situation! 8-[

If you're a girl you 1. Avoid sleeping at friends houses cause you dont want them to know what you look like in the morning with no make-up, let alone the rest of their family!

2. If getting home late at night you still cleans, wait, put on bp or whatever it is you're using...some even ice their face for 10 min....at 2am in the morning!

3. Organise your social life around your acne (me for example im not going to that party tomorrow night unless the big pimple on my cheek has died down and can be hidden with concealer!)

Loved the comment about us all being Acnese by the way!!

Julie xox