Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daisylove

Adult acne forum

So, is there any hope of us getting an Adult Acne Forum or some way to distinguish the "adult" members??

Hi, I just joined this forum, this is the best website I have ever been on for acne! Just one thing, I think it would be really great to have a forum for adult acne sufferers, as this is something that is different to teenage acne, in an emotional sense, aswell as physical. I am 27 and I'm sure there must be lots of other users who have been through the same thing I have. Please please that would be so great! Just an idea..Thanks for listening.

Love Daisy

I'm in my late 40's and still fight acne off and on. It is much better, but sometimes during hormonal changes, I still have break-outs. The worst part is, my scars look worse as I have aged. Wrinkles and scars together are not fun. I am an outdoor person, so the years in the sun have caught up with me. I am very embarrassed by my skin and wish there was something that I could have done to prevent the scars. I am considering Fraxel, but have heard mixed results about the results and the recovery time.

If we did an adult acne board, at what age would it start? 21 and up? 25?

Just my 2 cents but 21 might be a good age to start. Also was thinking about your earlier post about having too many boards and agree with Jessica that some of the boards could be easily combined, i.e., Emotional & Psychological aspects & Support Groups, and Scar treatments & Red marks left over from Acne. Right there you could cut the number of boards by two and people would still easily understand what the boards were about.

Wow - I saw how many hits this thread has had and there must be a lot of us out there!

I'm 33 and I have acne. :lol2:

When I'm not on the regimen, that is. I'm not sure I want want to make a separate adult acne board. There are already so many boards I'm afraid if I keep making more the list will get too long and messy. But I will consider it, just as I'm considering a separate shaving/men's issues board. What do you guys think? Imagine you're a new visitor. Wouldn't you maybe be a little turned off by even more boards to have to scroll through?

Dan

Hmm, a shaving/mens issue section might not be a bad idea.. though I feel that maybe making a sticky in like the general acne section would be better. Basically one thread where people can talk about what type of razor to use, whether to go electric or not.. what brands to use, what works best...etc..

An adult acne section imo really isn't needed. I mean honestly what ages would be considered adult? You'd have 18 year old in there posting about his/her adult acne... then someone 30 or so will get on them and be like, "You so do not have adult acne"...

I mean should we make a "teen" section as well? Maybe a senior citizen section too...

Personally I feel the board covers all general areas just fine.

I'm new on here as a member, but i did look at these boards a while ago and even followed Dan's regimen for over a year. I've never thought the boards to be over crowded, but it could get that way i suppose.

I would like to see a shaving/men's issues board.

Hi, I just joined this forum, this is the best website I have ever been on for acne! Just one thing, I think it would be really great to have a forum for adult acne sufferers, as this is something that is different to teenage acne, in an emotional sense, aswell as physical. I am 27 and I'm sure there must be lots of other users who have been through the same thing I have. Please please that would be so great! Just an idea..Thanks for listening.

Love Daisy

I'm in my late 40's and still fight acne off and on. It is much better, but sometimes during hormonal changes, I still have break-outs. The worst part is, my scars look worse as I have aged. Wrinkles and scars together are not fun. I am an outdoor person, so the years in the sun have caught up with me. I am very embarrassed by my skin and wish there was something that I could have done to prevent the scars. I am considering Fraxel, but have heard mixed results about the results and the recovery time.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an Adult forum. Main reason is what "saras" is talking about above. As I've aged, my scars that didn't used to look so bad, are looking not so good now that I am older. I would like a forum to discuss anti-aging AND anti-acne regimens/treatments in. You know, mature skin issues. Teenagers generally don't have to worry about the aging process and are mostly concerned with acne only. Us mature folks have the added burden of worrying about wrinkles/sagging/ etc.

What do you think Dan? I'd be willing to moderate it, of course. But I think, especially for us women, there would be lots to discuss about the effects of acne, and acne treatments, on older/aging skin, and how we can help our more mature delicate skin look its best.

If people are put off by "Adult" forum, perhaps "Mature Skin Issues" or something like that.

Guest funkychicken

Brandy, you're only about 35! less of the 'mature folk'! lol anyway, I understand what you are saying. Does the regimen age the skin?

Brandy, you're only about 35! less of the 'mature folk'! lol anyway, I understand what you are saying. Does the regimen age the skin?

Nah, time ages the skin :D And a lifetime of acne and scars, tend to age the skin. And sun, and everything else. sigh.

You'd be surprised how different your skin is past the age of 30, than the way it was when you were, say, 15.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an Adult forum. Main reason is what "saras" is talking about above. As I've aged, my scars that didn't used to look so bad, are looking not so good now that I am older. I would like a forum to discuss anti-aging AND anti-acne regimens/treatments in. You know, mature skin issues. Teenagers generally don't have to worry about the aging process and are mostly concerned with acne only. Us mature folks have the added burden of worrying about wrinkles/sagging/ etc.

What do you think Dan? I'd be willing to moderate it, of course. But I think, especially for us women, there would be lots to discuss about the effects of acne, and acne treatments, on older/aging skin, and how we can help our more mature delicate skin look its best.

If people are put off by "Adult" forum, perhaps "Mature Skin Issues" or something like that.

I agree with Brandy. It's difficult to find the right products, etc., as what works for a teen won't necessarily work for an adult.

I would have rather dealt with acne back in high school when a lot of my friends had it. I am 27 and have been dealing with this since I was 18 or 19. It's ridiculous. My sister and I are the only people out of our group of friends who have acne.

I would have rather dealt with acne back in high school when a lot of my friends had it. I am 27 and have been dealing with this since I was 18 or 19. It's ridiculous. My sister and I are the only people out of our group of friends who have acne.

I agree! I am embarassed to see any of my classmates now. I started having issues with acne at 19 and I am now 30.