Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How long into your accutane treatment did you get a break out? What was the break out like?

I am only on day 7 and I have a break out on my forehead of really small pimples. Not what I am use to getting. Is this from the accutane? Has it happened to anyone else? I thought my break outs were going to be in the place that i already had acne, and similiar to the kind of pimples I already get.

oh, when does it go away?

Tell me about your experiences please.. thanks

Im not on accutane but I can tell you from my friends experiences that the first 2 weeks you will breakout more than normal. At about week 2 youll start clearing up slowly.

Im not on accutane but I can tell you from my friends experiences that the first 2 weeks you will breakout more than normal. At about week 2 youll start clearing up slowly.

hmm but it appears that form other threads it can last MANY weeks. In the end youll have clear skin. Although, it appears you definitely pay your dues for it.

be careful about your dosage...... i should have never gone up to 40mg so fast sad.gif

big bumps await if you react to it like i did

be careful about your dosage...... i should have never gone up to 40mg so fast sad.gif

big bumps await if you react to it like i did

i definitely experienced a breakout in places i wasn't typically getting acne. what is essentially happening is any pimple that was to ever be is being pushed to the surface. so this includes all of the random ones in places you may not have always broken out in. my chin hasn't been a problem area for me for at least two years, and i remember getting two pimples there on accutane. the most important thing is to not irritate them. your skin does not heal as well on accutane, so popping is not a smart idea(i learned the hard way). try and leave it alone and the accutane will dry out even the whiteheads making them eventually just fall off. best of luck, because after this initial breakout, you should be on the road to clear skin!

I got my initial breakout around my jaw, which i odd becasue I never break out there, so I'm glad to hear it can happen.

I'm about 5 weeks in, and the initial breakout has subsided a fair bit. Redmarks remain, but hey, better than active acne!

Good luck!

my forehead was the on that broke out massively... i was on 20mg/day so i thought wat the heck i might as well go up to 40mg/day... wat a mistake... i should of stayed on 20mg/day... wen i went up to the 40 i broke out heaps on my forehead... its starting to clear now... but wow did i break out bad... now my chin and around my mouth have had alot more pimples... but it aint that bad... it will go down heaps in a week... good luck.. and stay strong... but in the end we will all have beautiful skin... and be happy as larry's...lol...

biggrin.gif

I broke out the 2nd week of treatment in pretty big clusters all over my cheeks (wasn't used to that) and chin. Now, starting my second month things are finally calming down. smile.gif Be patient, it'll get better after it gets worse, I promise.

I broke out the 2nd week of treatment in pretty big clusters all over my cheeks (wasn't used to that) and chin. Now, starting my second month things are finally calming down. smile.gif Be patient, it'll get better after it gets worse, I promise.