Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Stefy*

Make-up is orrible at the end of the day.....

Well, I have to put on my make up at 6.30 in the morning because then I'll catch the train to school, and I'll retourn to home after schol it's 2.30pm...and my make up look seriously like shit and it's SO noticeble (this is what I hate THE MOST)...I feel so depressed and have like no self confidence...

When me and my friends come out from school, I barely can look in their eyes...because I know my make up sucks....

I know that them maybe see it different, like not so orrible, but I have no self confidence....

At schol, I re-apply some pressed powder, but it does nothing...it's orrible, please help...tips, suggestions, ways to apply make-up...anything...

PS. I tried Revlon Colorstay, but I think it's breaking me out, so have to find something else...

I use mineral makeup- Aromaleigh- and I've noticed that it lasts all day. I used to hate it when my makeup was gone at the end of the day, but it's not a problem any more with mineral makeup. You might want to try it. You can get samples from most of the different companies over the internet. Everyone's skin is different so what works for me might not be good for you, but it's worth a try. Good luck!

I hope ppl don't mind me always posting about makeup, but after years of heinous mistakes I have learned a lot! By the way, I can heartily recommend Bobbi Brown's book on cosmetics and beauty. It's a bit dated but has some excellent info.

Anyway, I wanted to say the key to getting your makeup to stay put is a combination of wet and dry textures. That is, for each wet product you need a dry one to set it in place.

After your moisturiser wait for several minutes until you do anything else - ideally 15 - 30 minutes but if that's not possible just as long as it has sunk in you should be ok.

Apply your liquid foundation either with a just barely damp sponge or with your fingers. Then you need to powder all over your face - this is not just to make you less shiny but to set your foundation too. You can put concealer on under your powder. I have found better results by powdering, then concealer and then just a dab of powder on the areas I have concealed, again to set the liquid.

Fork out on the best foundation you can - you get what you pay for. I found out after years of using maybelline and getting through a tube every 8 weeks that more expensive foundations have higher levels of pigment so you use a lot less and your tube lasts a lot longer. You get much better value for money.

Hope this helps

I always had this problem even when my skin was not that bad. What i do is apply loads of moisturiser as soon as i get up. Let it soak in then use a moisturiser that will sit well under make-up eg clinique and the I use DIOR SKIN AIRFLAH - Its the one in the spary can. Its absolutely brilliant it gives even coverage and lasts all day without clogging or sticking in pores at the end of the day. I have really dry skin as am on accutane and it is brilliant. Oh it cover spots well too.

I hope ppl don't mind me always posting about makeup, but after years of heinous mistakes I have learned a lot!  By the way, I can heartily recommend Bobbi Brown's book on cosmetics and beauty.  It's a bit dated but has some excellent info.

Anyway, I wanted to say the key to getting your makeup to stay put is a combination of wet and dry textures.  That is, for each wet product you need a dry one to set it in place.

After your moisturiser wait for several minutes until you do anything else - ideally 15 - 30 minutes but if that's not possible just as long as it has sunk in you should be ok.

Apply your liquid foundation either with a just barely damp sponge or with your fingers.  Then you need to powder all over your face - this is not just to make you less shiny but to set your foundation too.  You can put concealer on under your powder.  I have found better results by powdering, then concealer and then just a dab of powder on the areas I have concealed, again to set the liquid.

Fork out on the best foundation you can - you get what you pay for.  I found out after years of using maybelline and getting through a tube every 8 weeks that more expensive foundations have higher levels of pigment so you use a lot less and your tube lasts a lot longer.  You get much better value for money.

Hope this helps

I've been using the Clinque clarifying in the tube. I tried this a while back and think the shade was too dark and just thought I didn't like the makeup. I recently tried it again and it really seems to help. Enlarged pores look smaller. Scars less obvious and it has staying power as well. I use the clinique repariwear day underneath and I really like it as well. In Texas, some sunscreen is a must. So today, I ran across and bought some Revlon age defying makeup for combination skin and tried it. While it was ok, it was no comparison to the Clinique. Plus you don't have to worry about it breaking you out since it contains I believe a very small percentage of salicydic? acid.

I hope ppl don't mind me always posting about makeup, but after years of heinous mistakes I have learned a lot!  By the way, I can heartily recommend Bobbi Brown's book on cosmetics and beauty.  It's a bit dated but has some excellent info.

Anyway, I wanted to say the key to getting your makeup to stay put is a combination of wet and dry textures.  That is, for each wet product you need a dry one to set it in place.

Apply your liquid foundation either with a just barely damp sponge or with your fingers.  Then you need to powder all over your face - this is not just to make you less shiny but to set your foundation too.  You can put concealer on under your powder.  I have found better results by powdering, then concealer and then just a dab of powder on the areas I have concealed, again to set the liquid.

Fork out on the best foundation you can - you get what you pay for.  I found out after years of using maybelline and getting through a tube every 8 weeks that more expensive foundations have higher levels of pigment so you use a lot less and your tube lasts a lot longer.  You get much better value for money.

Hope this helps

so if i wet my sponge before applying foundation its good right?.. i 've never wet my sponge before applying...

clinique is good

Thanks for your replies, guys!! biggrin.gif

I'm trying the Colorstay one again, and see if it causes problems also this time...we'll see...but Id have a question....how do you know that a foundation/powder is breaking you out? I mean you'd get whiteheads/ blackheads...because I'm at the beginning of a new topical treatment and I don't know if I continue to break out because it has to been effective yet (purging) or because I'm using it.....(at the moment I'm getting a pimple or maybe two a day....is that normal??)

ya i like revlon colorstay....it covers really good and seems to make my skin not look so greasy and it stays on really long for me...but it does seem like it breaks me out a little but not like huge pimples...just seem to get like clogged pores..but i think revlon colorstay works wonders! but then again i would rather not have to wear makeup ...but its jus how life if and i got stuck with bad skin!

Get a sample of Philosophy Clear Makeup* and try that as a makeup primer underneath your foundation. (I wouldn't use colorstay over this, though.) Seems to really help hold makeup on longer, stop oxidation, and minimize pores.

Be sure to get and follow instructions, though. When they say wait 2 minutes before applying foundation, they mean it.

*Disclaimer: I do not know if this product causes breakouts or not. I just started trying it about 4 weeks ago and haven't personally had any issues but some of my friends have.

Thanks for your replies, guys!!  biggrin.gif

I'm trying the Colorstay one again, and see if it causes problems also this time...we'll see...but Id have a question....how do you know that a foundation/powder is breaking you out? I mean you'd get whiteheads/ blackheads...because I'm at the beginning of a new topical treatment and I don't know if I continue to break out because it has to been effective yet (purging) or because I'm using it.....(at the moment I'm getting a pimple or maybe two a day....is that normal??)

Get a sample of Philosophy Clear Makeup* and try that as a makeup primer underneath your foundation.  (I wouldn't use colorstay over this, though.)  Seems to really help hold makeup on longer, stop oxidation, and minimize pores.

Be sure to get and follow instructions, though.  When they say wait 2 minutes before applying foundation, they mean it. 

*Disclaimer: I do not know if this product causes breakouts or not. I just started trying it about 4 weeks ago and haven't personally had any issues but some of my friends have.

I have been getting this icky blotchy thing. My make up just looks weird. I quit foundation b/c that was looking awful. I switched to powder and it looked great until I got outside. then it just looked crazy. I can't get it to blend well anymore. Any ideas?

^^^ Can you clarify a little better? Are you using moisturizer under the powder? Do you exfoliate regularly? Those are the only things that immediately come to mind...