Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peachylife

RetinA for Braille-face (little bumps)?

In addition to spironolactone, my doc prescribed Retin A micro. However, I haven't filled the prescription yet because I have no health insurance and it will cost $100.00.

I get really oily around the smile creases and along my chin and jaw. I get little bumps that don't seem to be filled with much, if anything.

Would RetinA help this?

Does it prolong healing? How long does it take to work?

It worked for me. I had little skin colored bumps all over my cheeks, and it felt like sandpaper. I began with RetinA Micro, and saw NO change for about 2-3 months. I didn't even get dry skin. Then, I went thru a brief and fairly mild "breakout period," which consisted of a few larger pimples that took about a week to go away. After that, the bumps started disappearing! I now have very smooth skin, and I love it! I'm still dealing with red marks and oiliness, but rarely get pimples.

I went on Spiro about four months into the retinA. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's doing anything or not. I was hoping for help with my oil, but it hasn't done that. I know for alot of women, it's literally the miracle cure for oil and acne. For me, no, however it could be helping with the breakouts.

Good luck! I think you're on a regimen that will really help you.

Mimi

RetinA is designed to work against comedones, but black/whiteheads are not the only things that will cause bumps on the skin. If however your bumps are indeed comedones, then you will most likely start to see improvement in 2-3 months.

If you don't see improvement in the formation of new bumps (RA won't take away what's already there) after a few months, then you might need to increase the strength.

It sounds like you have closed comedones on the sides of your chin. In my experience with Retin-A Micro, these should be helped greatly, especially with the combination of spiro. You might experience a bit of purging at first, but around week 6 or so of use you should see an improvement.

This is essentially my regimen and it has worked wonderfully for me! I would recommend the spiro (check the dose) and the retin-A micro really help smooth things over and seemed to help with the healing time. I have a log on here that may be worth it for you to check out!

Thank you for the encouragement! I am also trying your suggestion about the raspberry leaf tea. I like that stuff! It tastes like black tea, which I can't drink because of the caffeine, so it is nice to have.

How long did it take for it to work for you (the tea?)

Guest tenshigirl25

peachylife..maybe u can order diane 35 and go on accutane again? i have the small bumps problem too..the only thing that worked for me was the pill b4 which i stupidly went off and less cleansing, washing my face so much..that and the 2% paulas choice BHA solution..but i have sensitive/hormonal persistant acne and Im 25. maybe u could do another course of accutane?

I actually had those little bumps all over my forehead and ive been using retin-a-micro for almost a year and it made all of them go away completely. I really think you should give it a try... it takes a couple months for full results but i think its worth it. Though I have health insurance and its only $40...so it depends on how much you're willing to spend for clear skin i guess.. although one tube does last me at least a good 5 months... considering you only use a pea size at a time.. it will burn a little for the first few weeks and may make you brak out but its because its bringing everything to the surface. Go to http://www.retinamicro.com most of the info is there. good luck with your decision:o)

peachylife..maybe u can order diane 35 and go on accutane again? i have the small bumps problem too..the only thing that worked for me was the pill b4 which i stupidly went off and less cleansing, washing my face so much..that and the 2% paulas choice BHA solution..but i have sensitive/hormonal persistant acne and Im 25. maybe u could do another course of accutane?

I actually had those little bumps all over my forehead and ive been using retin-a-micro for almost a year and it made all of them go away completely. I really think you should give it a try... it takes a couple months for full results but i think its worth it. Though I have health insurance and its only $40...so it depends on how much you're willing to spend for clear skin i guess.. although one tube does last me at least a good 5 months... considering you only use a pea size at a time.. it will burn a little for the first few weeks and may make you brak out but its because its bringing everything to the surface. Go to http://www.retinamicro.com most of the info is there. good luck with your decision:o)

OOOh before you do start using it I want you to know that less is deffintely more!!! the less you use the more results and i think i would give it more than a month...I'd say about 3 for full results. Aww thats sweet I get to see my b/f around the same time. Is it a long distance relationship or something?

How in the hell do you guys use a pea size of retina and it covers your entire face? Thats freaking impossible for me a pea size can probably cover my right cheek and thats it.

Graphite: you need to only use a pea size, if you use too much you'll burn your skin. What i do is ill take a pea size onto my index finger and dot it all over my face then rub it in until it covers the whole area then let it dry just like a lotion. takes some practice, once you figure itout it'll work like a charm. LESS IS MORE!

Graphite: you need to only use a pea size, if you use too much you'll burn your skin. What i do is ill take a pea size onto my index finger and dot it all over my face then rub it in until it covers the whole area then let it dry just like a lotion. takes some practice, once you figure itout it'll work like a charm. LESS IS MORE!

OOOh before you do start using it I want you to know that less is deffintely more!!! the less you use the more results and i think i would give it more than a month...I'd say about 3 for full results. Aww thats sweet I get to see my b/f around the same time. Is it a long distance relationship or something?

Peachy: Yes mine is long distance too..I'm from MA and he's from NJ but we've been best friends for over a year and together for almost 7 months :o) What about you and your b/f?

as for moisturizers, I would recommend neutrogena oil free moisture for combo skin. this moisturizer is very gentle and never made me breakout... I'm thinking about trying Curel frangrance free next since the Winter is coming up and I might need a heavier moisturizer to keep from flaking. Personally I think clinique is too expensive, where as you can get neutrogena at the local drugstore for 7-8 bucks and it works great at that... hope i helped:o)

Peachy:  Yes mine is long distance too..I'm from MA and he's from NJ but we've been best friends for over a year and together for almost 7 months :o) What about you and your b/f?

as for moisturizers, I would recommend neutrogena oil free moisture for combo skin. this moisturizer is very gentle and never made me breakout... I'm thinking about trying Curel frangrance free next since the Winter is coming up and I might need a heavier moisturizer to keep from flaking. Personally I think clinique is too expensive, where as you can get neutrogena at the local drugstore for 7-8 bucks and it works great at that... hope i helped:o)

Peachy: Thats cool :o) Me and my b/f met over the internet atually...and after being friends for a while he invited me to nj for his prom and it was our first time meeting in person and we've been together since. Its great being friends because they care about ya more than just any b/f would and they look at you through the way you are and not the way your skin looks. What pills are you taking? Neutrogena does make an oil-free moisture with SPF15 but I dont like lotions with spf so i havent tried it...but if you like spf then it just may be your best bet..

Peachy: Thats cool :o) Me and my b/f met over the internet atually...and after being friends for a while he invited me to nj for his prom and it was our first time meeting in person and we've been together since. Its great being friends because they care about ya more than just any b/f would and they look at you through the way you are and not the way your skin looks. What pills are you taking? Neutrogena does make an oil-free moisture with SPF15 but I dont like lotions with spf so i havent tried it...but if you like spf then it just may be your best bet..