Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tenshigirl25

When did everyone see noticeable results?

Guest tenshigirl25

I am in week 3 of accutane..ive been reading the journals and was curious when everyone saw real results..when your skin is actually starting to clear and u only have a few pimples left and smooth skin texture..so not really 100% clear but when u were feeling good about the way ur face was clearing.

ive seen some people clear in the 1st 5 weeks, others 3 months and some right up until the end..i want to have mostly clear skin or at least so my cheeks feel smooth by january 2006. which is 4 months from now..is this possible?

Id like to hear other peoples experience.. eusa_think.gif

I am in week 3 of accutane..ive been reading the journals and was curious when everyone saw real results..when your skin is actually starting to clear and u only have a few pimples left and smooth skin texture..so not really 100% clear but when u were feeling good about the way ur face was clearing.

ive seen some people clear in the 1st 5 weeks, others 3 months and some right up until the end..i want to have mostly clear skin or at least so my cheeks feel smooth by january 2006. which is 4 months from now..is this possible?

Id like to hear other peoples experience.. eusa_think.gif

my breakout started immediately, face looked good around 2nd week to the point where i looked into the mirror and was so happy .nearing 3 weeks++ for me and i think it's worsening sad.gif since

i never can tell when i'm going to start clearing. seems like i clear up and then BAM it hits me really bad, then i start to clear..and

BAM (Again!)

it is like a cycle.. over and over

I'm starting month 2

FIRST Course of Acccutane (2001)

- no improvement in the first four months (skin actually got worse, very depressing)

- sudden clearing in the fifth (last) month. woohooo!

SECOND Course (2005)

- first two weeks: noticeably less oil but no improvement

- gradual clearing during week 4

- no active pimples, feeling mighty good in less than 30 days!

I saw a small improvement after about 3 months, then a bigger improvement in the last couple of weeks of my course (19 weeks) but it carried on improving gradually for another 3-4 months after I stopped taking it.

First two weeks I broke out a tiny bit more than usual and lost oil production. About week four, I was almost completely clear, save one tiny baby zit on my chin.

Just got done with week 5 and I'm very happy with my face right now and can't believe how rapidly things have improved for me. Hope it sticks once I get off this stuff in February.

I find the clearness going in a cycle, one month good and one month bad. Im on a 4 month plan at 60 mg/day and Im 3 months gone and its starting to even out more and stay more constant although it tends to fluctuate a lot still. I suppose everyone reacts differently...what a cliche!

Vanessa wink.gif

Got a bad initial breakout (for me anyway), and that lasted about 2 months; around 3 months things slowly improving. No side effects -- except HOPE!!! eusa_clap.gif

Have been on since June 17, about 3 months, have a ways to go but am happy with the progress!

quick question while you was on tane how many times a day did you wash your face and with what. and when your washed your face at night what time did you usually wash your face.