Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F49Z0R5!!!

Hot water = red face?

I dont know if any of you remember but I had this cheekbone swelling under my cheek that made my face puff up alittle. My doctor told me to put a hot, wet towel on my face twice a day to help the puffiness. Well it helps like crazy cuz its almost gone. But I get the feeling when I put the hot towel on my face for 5-10 min like he said, it makes my face redder and my red marks more obvious. Now is that the towel being pressed against my face or the actual hotness of it? Cuz I know pressing things against your face can irritate your skin, but in this case is it that or the hot water?

i think it's the hot water that's causing the redness. it's common sense isn't it? I mean after a hot shower your whole body is redder and all.. But don't worry it shuld die down after about 15 mins and your skin should return to ti's normal color. has this answered our question?

Yea I agree, is because your skin is hot, and redness will show immediately, and of course the brown marks will appear much redder, but this wont cause the marks to fade.