Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neuvo wavo

climate and acne

I'm thinking of moving from Florida to a drier climate, like Arizona.

Does anyone think that would help? Does anyone have any experience with acne improving after moving from a temperate climate to a dry climate?

While I have noticed that my skin seems to look better when its cooler outside, I wouldn't recommend up and leaving someplace just because of a skin condition, I mean unless its a severe case.

I don't blame you. I'm the only one that gets it because I live in Miami. I travel often and when I'm in a drier climate my skin and hair (no frizzies) look great. Everywhere especially Miami on the east coast is worse. Midwest and west coast are fine. Las Vegas is ok for a while but actually too dry for a long while. Good Luck. Try nicomide rx vitamin before, it's the only thing that worked for me w/no bad side effects.

Many skin conditions can do better in the right climate, so if you have something like psoriasis and move to a more favorable climate, then you can indeed do much better. There are many persons with tremendous psoriasis who have moved from northern states to places like AZ just because of their skin disease. However, acne is not a condition that is generally known to change strictly due to a change in climate to any reproduceable degree. IOW - some do better, some do worse, some don't change at all. It's a roll of the dice as to how well you will or won't do...

I'm thinking of moving from Florida to a drier climate, like Arizona.

Does anyone think that would help? Does anyone have any experience with acne improving after moving from a temperate climate to a dry climate?