Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

Has SA cleared anyone?

Guest pokerbugg

it has...but...i dont know ive used so many products...but yea it would say it does... it reducess the size of zit big time as a spot treatment

No. never did a darn thing for me. had a bad break out on my neck and about 10 zits on it, at least five or six on each side. didn't help take them down or reduce the red. finally I got fed up and put a dab of bp on them and then when they were down, put neo cream on the rest of the time. healed them up faster and took most of the red away. guess it depends on the individiual.

SA alone has not cleared me, but it made a big difference in keeping my face clearer when I added an SA astringent toner into my regimen.

SA totally cleared up my forehead, nose, and upper face after a month. However, I still got stuff on my jawline from shaving / maybe follicle infection, so I am checking that out and am now on Duac.

My forehead, nose, upper face etc all still clear though..

Lovely-

I just started the Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment, how long did it take for you to clear up? And did the product seem to make you breakout at first??

I've tried alot of different products with salicylic acid in them and never had any luck, but I don't think I ever gave them a good enough go. I always seem to breakout and quit when I should probably stick to the treatment.

Lovely-

I just started the Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment, how long did it take for you to clear up? And did the product seem to make you breakout at first??

I've tried alot of different products with salicylic acid in them and never had any luck, but I don't think I ever gave them a good enough go.  I always seem to breakout and quit when I should probably stick to the treatment.

Belle,

I know the question was for Lovely, but I have some experience to share.

I've been on the Neutrogena stuff for a bit over a month now. I have been breaking out in places I don't normally break out. However, I'm giving it two more months. In my chin area, it's seemed to reduce the number of breakouts I get. The other areas are very bumpy and I hope that it's just purging the muck in my face because I did have many clogged pores.

I'm using this in combo with the Hibilclens (4% CHG). CHG= antibacterial, SA= chemical exfoliant (deeper exfoliation than surface exfoliation with a washcloth), and regular exfoliation with a washcloth. In theory, this SHOULD work.

I'm also taking Vitex, Saw Palmetto, Milk Thistle, Burdock Root, and Borage Oil to see if any of that stuff will work. This should be a good regime. I have to keep with it, though. At one month, I'm not clear but I haven't had any cysts. I usually get small, inflamed red pimples that don't come to a head and tiny (itty-bitty) whiteheads. The whiteheads don't hurt and aren't even that noticable and the red pimples don't hurt as much as the cysts that used to be all over my jaw.

I just hate getting the red pimples (even when they don't hurt and aren't that bumpy) because of the red color on my pale face. Blah. Oh well, I hope this regime pans out.

Thanks alot for your replies guys! This was really helpfull. I guess I should mention I have oily skin with congested pores. I get mostly those tiny blackheads and some whiteheads.

As I've mentioned before, I never had any luck with SA products and usually breakout when I start them, but this is the first time I try it in a topical leave on form. So I'll try and stick it out for at least a month and let you all know how it goes. It's been 4 days now and my skin is already softer, hopefully this is a good sign! eusa_pray.gif

Thanks again for your help! biggrin.gif

Thanks alot for your replies guys! This was really helpfull.  I guess I should mention I have oily skin with congested pores.  I get mostly those tiny blackheads and some whiteheads.

As I've mentioned before, I never had any luck with SA products and usually breakout when I start them, but this is the first time I try it in a topical leave on form.  So I'll try and stick it out for at least a month and let you all know how it goes.  It's been 4 days now and my skin is already softer, hopefully this is a good sign!  eusa_pray.gif

Thanks again for your help!  biggrin.gif

SA works great!... I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment (nighttime pore clarifying gel).

There was never any worse before it got better:)