Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
livnluv

Pretty on the outside...eventually.

Hello everyone,

I have been reading various posts and I must say this is one of the best sites I have seen regarding acne. Reading your post has given me inspiration about acne. I don't feel so alone anymore.

I am THIRTY-ONE YEARS OLD. And I stil have acne. I started Claravis three days ago. My lips started to tingle today. They aren't dry yet but they feel weird. My face is already breaking out like crazy and I am only taking one 20mg pill at bedtime. The bumps are different though they don't hurt and the are easy to pop. However, I am wondering if the dark black spots will fade faster with the use of this medicine? I would like to know how other people's scars are healing it it faster or normal?

So far my skin regime is PURPOSE cleansing bar and PURPOSE Dual Treatment moisture lotion with sunscreen. They are both non-comedogenic ( won't clog Pores). I have noticed that quite a few of you are using Eucerin and Vaseline products. From what my pharmacist told me those will help moisture but continue to block your pores and cause more bumps. If any of you have heard different let me know.

As far as diet I am still eating the regular stuff but i drink lots and lots of water. I AM TIRED OF PEEING! I am hoping water intake will keep my lips and nose from getting so dry.

Congratulations on your first step to recovery. lol.gif

Well, are you very thin or do is your acne not very bad? 20mg sounds like a very small dosage. I'm going to say this in hypocritical fashion, don't pop the zits. It can lead to scarring which is much worse than a whitehead. The best thing to do is to let them dry out and fall off which they will do even if you moisturize them.

Here's a bit of advice. Make sure you take your pills with high fat foods and to keep drinking the water and peeing every five minutes. The water hasn't done anything for my lips. But, I don't get headaches, nosebleeds, scaly skin, cramps or muscular soreness.

When you say you are taking it at bedtime... are waiting 30 minutes before you lay down? I wouldn't recommend taking accutane or any antibiotic, and then laying down. There are pretty bad consequences for doing so.

Guest tenshigirl25

i think most people who eat dinner probably dont lie down for a few hours after anyway..

i was put on 20mg too, i was told it would help with the inital breakout and then upped to 40mg..and then again maybe more..my friend took 20mg for a long time and it was slow but steady, her skin cleared eventually but i think depending on weight and effectivness a 40mg at least a day would be better.

I think she's put on a low dose because they dont her to scar from an initial breakout. You have to be really careful on this with darker skin. Or maybe you have a low bodyweight.

I've been put on a low dose too, 20 mg/day for a longer period of time. My suggestion is to moisturize from the beginning and to use chapstick a lot. Black skin is generally a bit thicker, so u might not have any side effects at all, and u wont have redness (my nightmare).

Anyway, to give you some hope: its been 2 months and i'm already clear, so low dose can work... I dont know about taking it at bedtime, isnt it better absorped after a meal or something? I take it after dinner.

Healing normally takes longer, so dont pop! Or maybe get that done by an expert. Scarring is more likely to occur too.

Take care.

Congratulations on your first step to recovery.  lol.gif

Well, are you very thin or do is your acne not very bad?  20mg sounds like a very small dosage.  I'm going to say this in hypocritical fashion, don't pop the zits.  It can lead to scarring which is much worse than a whitehead.  The best thing to do is to let them dry out and fall off which they will do even if you moisturize them. 

Here's a bit of advice.  Make sure you take your pills with high fat foods and to keep drinking the water and peeing every five minutes.  The water hasn't done anything for my lips.  But, I don't get headaches, nosebleeds, scaly skin, cramps or muscular soreness.

When you say you are taking it at bedtime... are waiting 30 minutes before you lay down? I wouldn't recommend taking accutane or any antibiotic, and then laying down. There are pretty bad consequences for doing so.

I think she's put on a low dose because they dont her to scar from an initial breakout. You have to be really careful on this with darker skin. Or maybe you have a low bodyweight.

I've been put on a low dose too, 20 mg/day for a longer period of time. My suggestion is to moisturize from the beginning and to use chapstick a lot. Black skin is generally a bit thicker, so u might not have any side effects at all, and u wont have redness (my nightmare).

Anyway, to give you some hope: its been 2 months and i'm already clear, so low dose can work... I dont know about taking it at bedtime, isnt it better absorped after a meal or something? I take it after dinner.

Healing normally takes longer, so dont pop! Or maybe get that done by an expert. Scarring is more likely to occur too.

Take care.

Take care.

Thanks for your response. So far this med is working nicely. I am breaking out and peeling but its not severe enough to make me want to stop taking it. My skin is pretty in between the bumps, if that makes any sense to anyone let me know. That alone makes me smile and say it will only be a matter of time before the rest will be glowing also.

When I take my pill I wonder " What will my face look like tomorrow"? I just wish I could stop picking. eusa_wall.gif I cut my nails but I need some tips from anyone who may have been a picker. How did you stop?

Hello everyone,

I have been reading various posts and I must say this is one of the best sites I have seen regarding acne.  Reading your post has given me inspiration about acne.  I don't feel so alone anymore. 

I am THIRTY-ONE YEARS OLD.  And I stil have acne.  I started Claravis three days ago.  My lips started to tingle today.  They aren't dry yet but they feel weird.  My face is already breaking out like crazy and I am only taking one 20mg pill at bedtime.  The bumps are different though they don't hurt and the are easy to pop.  However, I am wondering if the dark black spots will fade faster with the use of this medicine?  I would like to know how other people's scars are healing it it faster or normal?

So far my skin regime is PURPOSE cleansing bar and PURPOSE Dual Treatment moisture lotion with sunscreen.  They are both non-comedogenic ( won't clog Pores).  I have noticed that quite a few of you are using Eucerin and Vaseline products.  From what my pharmacist told me those will help moisture but continue to block your pores and cause more bumps.  If any of you have heard different let me know.

As far as diet I am still eating the regular stuff but i drink lots and lots of water.  I AM TIRED OF PEEING!  I am hoping water intake will keep my lips and nose from getting so dry. 

Hello everyone,

I have been reading various posts and I must say this is one of the best sites I have seen regarding acne.  Reading your post has given me inspiration about acne.  I don't feel so alone anymore. 

I am THIRTY-ONE YEARS OLD.  And I stil have acne.  I started Claravis three days ago.  My lips started to tingle today.  They aren't dry yet but they feel weird.  My face is already breaking out like crazy and I am only taking one 20mg pill at bedtime.  The bumps are different though they don't hurt and the are easy to pop.  However, I am wondering if the dark black spots will fade faster with the use of this medicine?  I would like to know how other people's scars are healing it it faster or normal?

So far my skin regime is PURPOSE cleansing bar and PURPOSE Dual Treatment moisture lotion with sunscreen.  They are both non-comedogenic ( won't clog Pores).  I have noticed that quite a few of you are using Eucerin and Vaseline products.  From what my pharmacist told me those will help moisture but continue to block your pores and cause more bumps.  If any of you have heard different let me know.

As far as diet I am still eating the regular stuff but i drink lots and lots of water.  I AM TIRED OF PEEING!  I am hoping water intake will keep my lips and nose from getting so dry. 

:wub: Today is the 19th day I have been on accutane. I went to the doctor and got my lab work and a second prescription. My doctor and I are really excited about the results I have to date. So far the side effects are not bothersome. I drink alot of water to keep my joints from hurting. When I don't drink water my hip joint feels weird. My lips are dry also. I learned that I should be using cream on them not chapstick. The petroleum is not good it smothers the lips and kinda works in the opposite way we think it does. I thought my doctor meant no petroleum on my face or body but she said not on lips either use a cream. I use udder cream its pretty good.

Now for the good news! I have about 10 bumps on my face 4 are the deep ones that hurt like heck. My bumps are on surface and they are coming out on their own, that is so weird to me because I am a habitual picker. My scars are fading like I have never experienced even with bleaching creams!!!! My back which was covered with scars and deep bumps has faded to light little marks and they are smooth, not raised the way they were before. My arm scars are fading nicely also. My skin feels all soft and supple like a babies. I am loving this.

I still only use purpose cleanser and moisturizer. I tried the aloe vera gel but it stings and makes my face feel too tight.

I am still on 20mgs a day. The doctor says I should be able to start taking my pill every other day by the end of next week. I am so excited. :D

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. I am 23 and African American so I definetly understood how it feels to have dark spots over your face and back. My derm suggested that I start taking accutane becuase nothing i have tried has worked. I have been debating whether i should take Tane because i am so scared of what it could do to my body. Hearing you results has made feel a little better about taking Tane