Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_lara_

My Roaccutane Diary

Hey hope everyone had a great christmas and new year. Skin is still spot free, this is such an odd feeling as I have never gone more than a day or so without a spot and now its been over a month. I've been really bad about looking after my lips and they are really painful at the moment but I'm getting better now as keep putting on the moisturiser.

Still no spots its been months and its just brilliant. I have had the best start to 2006. It was a banging new year, no spots and on friday I met Howard from Take That and he kissed me. :D I'll take another photo in a day or to. I finish my roaccutane in a week or two.

Still no spots its been months and its just brilliant. I have had the best start to 2006. It was a banging new year, no spots and on friday I met Howard from Take That and he kissed me. :D I'll take another photo in a day or to. I finish my roaccutane in a week or two.

wow, great for you !! and pics would be really cool !!

hi

i've been reading your journal and my experience sounds nearly identical to yours - so i am filled with hope reading how your skin has improved - you look great.

i also came off dianette and got acne again unfortunatley i spent the last 2 years trying others meds before starting roaccutane.

i've been on 35mg nearly 2 months - like you my acne got much much worse!!! it was disheartening. I think i maybe turning a slight corner now, fingers crossed. My derm put me on erythromycin to help - did that help you ? I am due to go up to 70mg next month but alittle worried about breaking out again. Did you find that when your dose was upped ? When did you start noticing improvement ?

Sorry for all the questions.

good luck :angel:

i've been on 35mg nearly 2 months - like you my acne got much much worse!!! it was disheartening. I think i maybe turning a slight corner now, fingers crossed. My derm put me on erythromycin to help - did that help you ? I am due to go up to 70mg next month but alittle worried about breaking out again. Did you find that when your dose was upped ? When did you start noticing improvement ?

Hey in the end I never went on erythromycin as they day I was going to get it my skin started to get better so I left it. However, people that use it do find it works. I was put up from 40mg to 60mg after two months and I was worried about my spots getting worse too but they didn't they stayed the same and then about a month in on the higher dose I woke up one day and all my spots had gone and they have'nt been back since. I can't remember exactely but it was about three months in that I started to see a real improvement and like I said it wasn't a gradual improvement with me but a sudden one. Hope this helps just let me know if u have anymore questions. :angel:

Good Luck

Thanks

That's great help. My derms keeping me on 35mg for another month because i had quite a nasty flare up of acne (alittle relieved) but still have the possiblity of increasing the dose further down the line if needed.

cheers

Hey here is another picture of my skin now and one when I started so that you can compare. I still have a few red marks but they are fading. Hope everyone else is getting on OK with their roaccutane if anyone has any questions I'm more than willing to answer them. Lara

Here is my skin at start

IPB Image

Here my skin about three months in

IPB Image

Here is my skin now

IPB Image

(note I only have eye makeup and a thin layer of powder no foundation)

Holy cow !!! im into the 9th day of my 3rd month and still have pimples but there are a little improvement, when did u notive HUGE improvements ??? ur skin is flawless now !!

Hey guys thanks for the comments. I noticed a huge improvement the third month in (second pic) as although you can see the red marks I had not actual bumps or spots. Then after that the red marks gradually began to fade and I saw my derm yesterday and he said that even the fainter redmarks I have in the last photo should go with time. So I'll make sure I post a photo then. I hope that you all get on great with accutane too. I absolutely love the drug and just wish that I had gone on it sooner but it has all been worth it.

Oh my god, that is amazing. Thank you so much for posting your photos - my acne is similar to yours and I am on month two, which can be a tough month. You're getting bored of the initial breakout and thinking "is this stuff actually doing anything?" but seeing your photos gives me real hope to just keep on going. I am so, so pleased for you and also really excited to see similar results in myself! You look incredible. Go get 'em, girl :)

BettyCherry xxx

holy crap holy crap thats fricken amazing!!! is there anything you used to help ur redness go away because mine was like yours even to i no longer have acne i still have the redness like u had. if theres ne products that helped u let me no, u look amazing!

No i didn't use any special products. I just made sure that my skin was well moisturised and thats its. Hope everything works out for you. I'm sure it'll fade it will jus take time. :D

Have you now completley finished roaccutane Larabeard, and when did you seriously begin to notice your redmarks fade away completely, my face is fall of them, it's now been over 2 and half months, started Nov 9th 05.

Wow that's bloody amazing! Your skin looks flawless now! I :pray: I get the same results as you!!!

u will, ur acne started out very mild

Have you now completley finished roaccutane Larabeard, and when did you seriously begin to notice your redmarks fade away completely, my face is fall of them, it's now been over 2 and half months, started Nov 9th 05.

I finish the course in two days. I noticed a huge inprovement the third month in as thats when all my spots went and I was left with lots of red marks. Since then they have been fading but it takes time. The red marks fade slowly but my spots went suddenly over night during my thrid month of roaccutane.

You look fantastic. This is my first post and I'm currently in my 6th week of Roaccutane. I'm not sure if it's working on me or not but it's results like yours that give me hope x

Wow amazing results. Your pictures gives me soo much hope. Thanks for all the pictures and updates. I just finished 2 months and 3 days. SO far, acne is clearing up but still a few left and loads and loads of red marks. I know that the active acne is gonna all clear up soon since I'm already seeing some results but it's the red marks that's really bothering me. My red marks are extremely red. I've had red marks before too and pimples keep growing in the same area so my red marks never really went away but I hope since I'm starting to clear up, my red marks will eventually fade too. By the way what was your higest dose????

Guest funky_monkey

you must be over the moon! superb!