Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

Hundreds of years ago....

Also there was no soaps that we have today which make everything worse

those soaps were usually made from animal fats and worked better than synthetic ones today

If the sebum rate is constant then why do we women get oilier skin before our periods?

I have been using just water for over 2 months and my face is really dry and feels clean (still getting zits though). I never would have believed that because my face used to be greasy oily especially by mid afternoon and a week or so before my period but not anymore. I suspect soap and /or all the BP gels and topicals were making my react with more oil. Funny story, when I was student teaching a little girl said to her teacher something about the lady with the "greasy face" (me).

As for acne in the past. I'm an artist and artists of the past definitely idealized their rich subjects and avoided the flaws sometimes. and Yes, the Bible refers to "spots and blemishes". So thousands of years ago people got acne... the question is did they get it as severe and into adulthood the way we do now? I doubt it.