Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

Hundreds of years ago....

The main reason why I believe that we have acne, especially in America, is because of the food we eat. Manufactures add perservatives and other junk. 100 years ago, there was no such thing.

I've read plenty of scientific studies having to do with the production and measurement of sebum from sebaceous glands. Have YOU? Do you really think that all the exhaustive testing that's been done by serious doctors and scientists is trumped by your own casual (and unspecified) everyday observations? If you really do have the temerity to challenge the medical establishment on this issue, then present ALL the details of your experiment to this forum. I suspect I'll have some comments on them! wink.gif Let's see if your experiment can stand up to our own little "peer review"!

Oh, for chrissake! You're not even testing the SEBUM PRODUCTION RATE, you're just looking at the SEBUM CASUAL LEVEL. I explained to everyone in a post just a few days ago what the all-important difference is between those two concepts. Didn't you read it??

I can't say that I'm terribly surprised at what you wrote above. You really just don't understand sebaceous gland physiology.

Bryan

Oh, for chrissake!  You're not even testing the SEBUM PRODUCTION RATE, you're just looking at the SEBUM CASUAL LEVEL.  I explained to everyone in a post just a few days ago what the all-important difference is between those two concepts.  Didn't you read it??

I can't say that I'm terribly surprised at what you wrote above.  You really just don't understand sebaceous gland physiology.

Bryan

Guest pokerbugg

bryan is so annoying ... we've heard his opinion and we dont care we're still gonna do what we feel is best for our skin...we've tried everything...and you guys are sharing your "experiment" w/ everyone else just to give others another outlook on things concerning our face which everyone here obviously think is important so whats wrong with others trying this? bryan should just back off...sheesh!

Guest pokerbugg

i feel that sebum produces more oil when its overwashed and your skin DOES know when theres no oil on your skin ... just like when you shave your amrs or legs ... if you just stop shaving your hair on your arms or legs wont grow out as long as the hair on ones head if its not cut .... it(hair on arms & legs) grows to a certain length and stops...trust me....ive gone like months sometimes w/ shaving my legs and it never reaches the point to where its like super long hair. It just stops, cuz your skin knows wink.gif

Bryan is speaking plenty of sense in my opinion. Sebaceous glands activity is influenced by the bodys reaction to androgen hormones. Not washing your face is not going to regulate this reaction

i feel that sebum produces more oil when its overwashed  and your skin DOES know when theres no oil on your skin ... just like when you shave your amrs or legs ... if you just stop shaving your hair on your arms or legs wont grow out as long as the hair on ones head if its not cut .... it(hair on arms & legs) grows to a certain length and stops...trust me....ive gone like months sometimes w/ shaving my legs and it never reaches the point to where its like super long hair. It just stops, cuz your skin knows   wink.gif

What am I supposed to be measuring? Oil? I have no oil. What can i measure? Please tell me sir.

BTW i read that and it really makes 0 sense at all if your measuring the sebum after you wash your face. Why dont you try measuring your sebum after a couple days and then we'll talk. wink.gif

I used to have alot when i washed my face twice a day. I washed both times with a cleanser. Then i calmed it down alittle by washing once a day. That wasnt really helping and i started a water only regimen. That helped my oil and acne but it didnt completely help as it got bad and oily again after a while. Now i am where i am. I am actually pretty dry now so i might need to try Cetaphil without water.

Guest pokerbugg

shaddup mr. knowitall... youre so annoying....every thread about no washing bryan always seems to butt his nose in even though no one there really cares for his opinion we all know what he thinks , it just sounds ridiculous...

Why is someone stating what they believe in ridiculous???? especially when they have shown numerous times studies that prove what he's said to be true. Even if you disagree with what someone says, everyone's entitled to post their opinion on here whether you like it or not...

What I find annoying & ridiculous though is people posting when they've got sod all idea what they are talking about lol.gif

But if what you're doing works for you then cool, continued success with this no washing regime  biggrin.gif

What am I supposed to be measuring? Oil? I have no oil. What can i measure? Please tell me sir.

I truly doubt acne was as bad (no antibiotics or birth control pills, no pizza or milky way bars). Though i know when we went to williamsburg, the woman said they used apple cider vinegar for many ailments including skin disorders. Makes sense cause it is caused by poor digestion and apple cider vinegar increases stomach acid.

Oh, so you really expect me to take your word for it that now you're not washing your face, and you have no oil?? wink.gif The appearance of oil on the skin can be greatly affected by several important factors other than just the actual amount of oil on the skin (like the presence of sweat). In short, I just don't trust your judgement to do this experiment, especially considering the fact that all you've been doing so far is just looking at the CASUAL level of oil, which is far less precise and important than the production rate.

If you really want to impress me, buy a roll of Sebutape test-strips (those are used by actual doctors and scientists in sebum-measuring experiments) and measure the sebum production rate as I've previously described to you, not the casual level. Your mundane, everyday observations and claims about dry-skin/oily-skin don't mean much to me.

BTW i read that and it really makes 0 sense at all if your measuring the sebum after you wash your face. Why dont you try measuring your sebum after a couple days and then we'll talk. wink.gif

Guest pokerbugg

we really dont have to prove anything to you, try the experiment yourself and see the results... we're just sharing this with others hoping that others may find their solution to their acne problem , no one here is selling anything, and besides what do most of us have to lose but a zit ...the worst thing that could happen is you get a new zit like that hasnt been happening already....so stop criticizing and putting our new regimes down as if u have all the solutions.

Guest pokerbugg

the human body is amazing and you shouldnt doubt what its capable of on its own