Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

Hundreds of years ago....

How did people get rid of acne? there was no bp, there was no "cleanser". lol and in most cases, in paintings and such, these people have no facial blemishes! wat's up with that?

I doubt acne was as rampant as it is today. Our lifestlyes have changed so much, we are pumped full of steroids with everything we eat, pollution is worse, and we put too much shit on our faces and bodies in general.

but hey...thats just my theory. eusa_angel.gif

Guest Marino

I made a thread like this months ago.

I think acne was around but people just weren't as superficial in my opinion.

Also im sure they had some good natrual remedies, infact topical vitamin A goes back to ancient egypt along with chemical peels.

I tryed to do research on it but lost motivation.

Anyone got any links?

Of course acne existed in the past. Its a congenital disease and therefore has been passed down to us through our ancestors genes. In the past I expect they just got on with life, they were probably more concerned with getting food and shelter to worry about their appearence

How did people get rid of acne? there was no bp, there was no "cleanser". lol  and in most cases, in paintings and such, these people have no facial blemishes! wat's up with that?

Guest Freak_Turbulence
Of course acne existed in the past. Its a congenital disease and therefore has been passed down to us through our ancestors genes. In the past I expect they just got on with life, they were probably more concerned with getting food and shelter to worry about their appearence

When I went shopping at my local CVS store with my cousin, my acne was horrible, my cousin grabs an old lady and points at my face and says "how do we get rid of this"...omfg i wanted to die. Anywayz, she told me a story about when she was a little girl she used Pepto-Bismol to clean her face and she never had one sign of acne.

Its kind of bullshjt cause if she never had acne then whats the point in using the pepto in the first place....retardeddddddddddddd

Guest Cubsfan

there's more acne sufferers today due to the agricultural revolution.

Corporate entities decided to start process every food because it was cheap, convenient and profitable.

there's no coincidence with the increase in acne sufferrers and the increase in fast-food outlets over the past years.

When I went shopping at my local CVS store with my cousin, my acne was horrible, my cousin grabs an old lady and points at my face and says "how do we get rid of this"...omfg i wanted to die. Anywayz, she told me a story about when she was a little girl she used Pepto-Bismol to clean her face and she never had one sign of acne.

Its kind of bullshjt cause if she never had acne then whats the point in using the pepto in the first place....retardeddddddddddddd

dont you just love those stories that so called 'worldy' people tell you on acne cures. I may as well follow the advice of a witch doctor.

I remember reading somehwere that sulfur has been used to treat acne "since the time of Socrates." Huh. Buuuut I can't find the source again, so I have no idea if it's accurate.

In love and death.

Group: Veteran Members

God let biblical characters live into their 900s. Why the hell would He give them acne? It just seems that God loves more people than others.

when we were reading Romeo and Juliet in my English class our teacher told us that in that time they would see pimples as a beauty mark But I'm guessing they only got like one or two

Wish people would see them as something beautiful right now wink.gif

People think acne is a norm...people expect to get it but it shouldnt be like that. The problem today is that people wash their faces so much everyday. I mean why has it become the norm to wash the face twice a day with a cleanser or soap? When people see a pimple, they automatically think, "i need to wash my face or else i get more"....and then you wash your face and still get more.

Hundreds of years ago, i bet people still got some form of acne but it probably wasnt as severe as it is today.

Washing the skin 2x a day is pretty normal for a helluva lot of people, with acne or without. If you're washing excessively like 4+ times a day then I think it starts to hinder you.

Washing the skin 2x a day is pretty normal for a helluva lot of people, with acne or without. If you're washing excessively like 4+ times a day then I think it starts to hinder you.

...people are washing too much and stripping the skin of its natural elements(oil/skin cells).

ahh bryan bryan bryan...when will you learn..

You speak on things you know nothing of. I can tell you right now that washing the face causes oil. I can guarentee you that every single person that has oily skin, washes their face once or twice a day. They get oily skin because when you wash your face with soap/cleanser, you clean out the pores which let oil come out freely. And this isn't a good thing either.

Let me ask you, what do you take away when you wash your face? nothing? So washing your face will do nothing to the face?

You speak on things you know nothing of. I can tell you right now that washing the face causes oil.

You speak on things you know nothing of. I can tell you right now that washing the face causes oil.

So when are you actually going to TEST that hypothesis? You might be surprised at the results! wink.gif

I can guarentee you that every single person that has oily skin, washes their face once or twice a day. They get oily skin because when you wash your face with soap/cleanser, you clean out the pores which let oil come out freely.

Lol im testing the hypothesis right now. I can almost guarantee less oil from not washing the face with anything. I not surprised because its damn near obvious.