Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissyMaz

MissyMaz's regimen log

Day 23

well im zit free :D:D combo of regimen with a helping hand from the antibiotics for my ear infection, guess i'll have to wait till im off the antibiotics to really tell.... :think:

Day 24

popped some bp on last night, and i think I overdid it a bit :confused: I've been only using BP once a week (friday nights so i have the whole weekend to hibernate and recover lol) in small amounts. Today my forehead has been INSANELY DRIVE ME UP THE WALL itchy....even dabbing cool liquid like someone suggested was not helping so i had to wash my face again :( And the i reapplied moisturiser which helped heaps - but it does make 3 washes today grrr.

So my forehead is bright red and quite swollen when yesterday i was quite fine....lol dammit! I'm using BP prophylatically....I dont have any zits but I need to use it for merely prevention purposes but it keeps burning my skin which is so annoying!

Day 26

Skipped a day of my log yesterday coz my comp was playing up!

Face-wise, skin is fine. Still a bit bumpy and itchy from the BP the other day but definitely less so. No zits :D Chest and back-wise :( I haven't actually tried using the BP on them coz I dont want to kill my clothes, and I dont feel like wearing white everday! I have been using the cleanser however which has showed some improvement on my back.

With summer coming up I'm gonna have to do something though :think:

Thanks Dan for the advice! Really appreciate you dropping in and furnishing my log :dance: If you do come by again - your regimen has worked amazing wonders for my face and I'm forever grateful :)

I will try the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion on my back coz Dusta has told me its a good Eucerin alternative available in Aus!

Day 27

lol this is so sad but I'm strangely pumped by the fact that Dan dropped by in my log....lol he's like the head honcho celebrity of our little Acne world :lol2:

I had no zits really this morning but I must be missing the feeling of squeezing zits coz I squeezed this little bump on my forehead (which was nothing to start off with really :doubt: ) and its now a bit red....but not really a huge drama!

I'm getting really stressed about exams so I hope my face stays ok :confused: All this procrastinating at my desk is making me touch my face :mad: Must keep hands off!!!

Day 29

Looks like my log's becoming an every-second-day ritual :lol2:

Bit annoyed coz I can't find Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturiser!!! Well ok I've only been to two pharmacies but geez :confused: And I actually am peeling a bit again which is annoying! No redness just peeling....have to keep checking my face at random times during the day to make sure i dont have a huge chunk of dead skin hanging off my forehead :lol2:

Am off the antibiotics so fingers crossed skin stays clear...

Day 30

It's BP night tonight :( Obviously not my fave night coz the next day i'm usually scratching my brains out, but hey if thats what it takes for smooth skin.....a zit has popped up above my lip....that seems to be the new problem zone lately actually. It used to be my forehead but now its my lip :doubt: Everywhere else is zit -free :)

hey missy :D glad ur seeing sum results using the regime and im sure ur skin will b perfectly clear soon :D

too get rid of the flakiness u should probably try exfoliating one or two times a week, as this will get rid of the dead skin cells (flakiness)..

hope this helps :dance:

hiya onetoomany! thanks for your comments!

My skin has never ever liked exfoliating in the past I'm afraid, so with this new ultra-sensitive BP skin I'm afraid to touch it with anything! People have been saying to use Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion but I haven't been able to find it yet :doubt:

Hope things are going well for you on the regimen :)

Day 31

Wooohoooo!!!!!!! I'm not red or flaky today! Just a teeeeeny bit itchy on my forehead but NOTHING compared to in the past....its actually ignore-able! Just 2 zits above my lip but they're small ones and I can cover them with foundation. Pretty happy with my skin today :D

I hear you about the moisturizer. Ive been trying to find the Eucerin Day lotion and although my local walgreens or cvs carry the brand they dont carry that type... :wall: but They do carry tons of the Neutrogina moisterizer you are looking for .. I just started this 2 days ago and i hope it will work :pray: But it is encouraging to see other people such as yourself getting some results :dance: Good luck with continuing this

I swear Eucerin must not be aware how in-demand they are coz otherwise they would be upping their distributions ASAP Kane N9ne! Let me know how the Neutrogena Healthy Skin stuff goes for you....:) Good luck! ;)

Day 32

Those little bumps have come up again but in a milder form that I used to get them after BP....its strange how it takes them 2 days after I've applied BP to pop up.... :think: a couple of mild-ish looking zits are showing up on my forehead, and my chins a bit itchy but otherwise no huge dramas!

Day 33

I love touching my forehead (although I shouldn't be!) coz its so damn smooth!!! Pretty clear today, even my chest zits have gone away mostly...dont know if its the warm weather or the cleanser i've been using instead of body wash....who cares! Finally wore a singlet today instead of shirts that cover my neck/chest area yay !!! :D

I didnt get the healthy skin one. I just got the Oil-free moisture spf15 cause ill probably need the sun screen and i was paranoid about trying moisturizers cause alot of people say they get cystic acne = O so i went this one cause a few people say it was good.. Well for me at least its dealing well with the dryness im suppose to get from starting this regimen... My skin feels all dry and cracked like if i smiled i would rip skin. and when i apply the moisturizer it returns to normal.. lol . Id still rather try the eucerin cause they say it helps even out skin or something. well i wish you ongoing success with your regimen who knows maybe in a few weeks ill be clear as well. maybe. anything is possible right? :dance:

Kane N9ne (lol love your nick btw)... yeah the oil-free spf 15 is great in all ways except it doesn't combat the peeling like I wish it would.

Totally understand the dry, cracked feeling! I remember feeling like I had a facelift gone wrong :lol2: It does go down after awhile, trust me! The whole process is a bit painful but I really do believe its worth it in the end, from what I'm experiencing :) Keep at it buddy, I wish you all the best :)

I guess day5-6 are bad days for the regimen huh? This bp is kinda making me look like a raccoon at this point. since i put bp all over my face it kinda made it lighter and since i cant put it around my eyes the skin around my eyes are darker..... haha Did you eyes get watery when you walk around? i just noticed since ive been on this regimen when i walk my eyes get kind of watery but when im still all is normal

:lol2: :lol2: You're going through EXACTLY what I went through!!! You'll find that your skin tone will become the reverse after awhile.....the bits with the BP become tanned but the bits without stay white.....I guess you just have to maintain your sense of humour and laugh it off :razz:

You, however, sound a lot more mentally stable than I was when the raccoon stage hit me :lol2 ....I was bawling my eyes out in the morning before uni and wanting to become a recluse until things normalised :redface: :

Hehe and the watery eyes thing is not great either....I think its when you accidentally get some BP in your eye if you rub your eyes, coz it stings like hell :evil: But hey if its making a difference, chin up...great skin is coming your way :D

Day 35

Hey all...well I'm all clear at the moment....was yesterday too but I skipped a day of the log...too busy flaunting my great skin in public :D just kidding...

This regimen is seriously doing wonders for my skin...I'm just hoping that the results will last in the long run! :)

Day 37

Coz i've been so clear lately, im just gonna update every second day most of the time....yesterday was BP night so i'm a wee bit itchy and flaky this morning but its not really a problem....I do have a couple of zits that have popped up on my forehead but they're quite small and im sure the BP will take care of them...

Day 39

Skin is a little red and patchy still....week after week it gets less so but its still annoying if I want to go out in public the day after BP-day...

hey there

so how often are you putting bp on now?

It is cool that even going really slow with the bp upping you are still getting results.

How is your brother doing?

Hi Dusta! Yeah it just goes to show how strong the BP is (or how sensitive my skin is) that i only need to put it on once a week for good results....

My bro for some reason isn't responding as well as i am....he's definitely had improvement but he's not totally clear like me :think: He has been a bit slacker though, which just goes to show if you dont go exactly by the rules to start off with your results will take longer/be less successful.

Hope all is well with your skin, I haven't had much time lately for reading others regimens coz of exams and all!

Day 40

Woohoo the big 4-0! and im all clear! *bigger woohoo* Chest and back is responding relatively well to just the cleansing step, hope to receive similar results...

Day 42

A wee bit peely on my forehead but not really noticeable unless i put my face about 2 cm away from the mirror :lol2: Otherwise clear on my face, chest is looking OK....back a little problematic still but not so much an issue.

I'm actually finding myself getting disappointed coz I have no zits to pop anymore :lol2: Sad but true! I try to hunt for one but there's not even a bump to pick at on my face!

MissyMaz, what exactly are you doing for your back? I have been doing Dan's regimen on my face for quite some time now (I started in July or something) and am really happy with the results, though I must admit I began slacking somewhat once my face became relatively clear...I ALWAYS do the regimen once a day but sometimes at night I have to admit I just wash my face and go straight to bed. Anyway, my back is another story. I use neutragena body clear body wash on my back every day in the shower, but i have not tried using BP b/c it seems impractical (I worry about reaching all areas, avoiding staining clothes, etc.) Have you found anything for your back that really works? THanks!

Kane N9ne - well now that i've run out of zits on my face to pop ive turned to popping back/chest ones - even though there arent many (ew that sounds gross but sadly, true :lol2: )....however i've really got to stop coz ive realised my chest/back scars REALLY EASILY! I'm hoping they fade :doubt:

Hi ABF32! Yeah the regimen can get a bit tiring at times, especially with all the waiting around after washing and bp-ing! Even though you're slacking a bit, are you still basically clear? As for my chest/back, i havent been using BP for the same reasons as you - I dont want to wear white clothes everyday or peroxide all my PJs so I have just been using the Neutrogena face cleanser only on my chest and back in the shower. The rest of my body (non zit areas) I use Dove body wash for sensitive skin.

I've found a huge improvement just from the cleanser alone (ie I dont have have to wear tops covering all my chest as much anymore). Dan suggested earlier in my log that a moisturiser with AHA after cleansing back/chest areas can be sufficient to get rid of back/chest acne in some people but I haven't had time to hunt around for it at the moment!

Let me know how you go! :)

Day 46

So much stress with exams this week that my journal has been neglected a bit :redface: Face is absolutely clear, chest is a little bit patchy but there's scarring from previous pimples....I guess I should be thankful that my face doesn't scar and only my chest does....lol but hey in a perfect world I wouldn't scar anywhere :dance:

Back is clearing up a bit....as soon as these damn exams are over I'm going to find that damned AHA cleanser and see if it has a greater improvement.