Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uglyassmofo

Good News about getting rid of red marks

Posted

I actually have bad news my friends. IF you have red marks on you cheeks and they've been there for a while guess what the dont go away!! ive had them since i was 17 im 21 now its time to learn to live with them. Forget all that crap they fade with time, they'll fade a little but the skin doesnt go back to normal

Posted
I actually have bad news my friends.  IF you have red marks on you cheeks and they've been there for a while guess what the dont go away!!  ive had them since i was 17 im 21 now its time to learn to live with them.  Forget all that crap they fade with time, they'll fade a little but the skin doesnt go back to normal

Posted
I actually have bad news my friends.  IF you have red marks on you cheeks and they've been there for a while guess what the dont go away!!  ive had them since i was 17 im 21 now its time to learn to live with them.  Forget all that crap they fade with time, they'll fade a little but the skin doesnt go back to normal

Posted

from my experience, i have to disagree with you. I used to have 7 really horrible red marks on my cheek area, under my eye...about a year ago...one year on and theyve gone. Having said that, my marks were only there for a year, so it probably has something to do with the severity of them.

Now i just gotta concentrate on gettin rid of marks on the other side! yay!

x x x

Posted

surely microdermadrasion would help?

Posted

Unfortunately that's not the case with me cry.gif

I have marks over 3 years old. Most of my marks are nearing 2 years and though they faded, they only become purple from red.

Bad news for me.

Posted

I have brown skin so my marks are brown

had them about 5 years now.

lol@ ppl saying they would fade. thanks for lying.

But i'm sure there is something to get rid of brown/red marks that have been there for years.

Guest Marino
Posted

Everyone is different,

most marks start off as purple, become birght red, light red, pink, brown then fade.

It takes anywhere between 3 months to 10 years.

You can speed up the exfoliating process with peels, micro, IPL, pulse dyed laser.

I think exfoliating regularirly, wearing masks and using a bleaching cream would also speed things up.

Posted

Why be a prick and try to scare people? It depends on each individual and the severity of the mark...as well as other things. I've had red marks/hyperpigmentation fade completely in less than a week.

Posted
Why be a prick and try to scare people?  It depends on each individual and the severity of the mark...as well as other things.  I've had red marks/hyperpigmentation fade completely in less than a week.

Posted

Getting a zit and having it go away and the red mark fade in less than a week. I haven't had any red marks last years or anything.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the original poster. Sorry for any confusion

Posted

Yeah I knew you were talking to him.

I guess from his post I thought he was saying they dont go away if youve already had them for years.

So I was just saying that having them and them going away in a week, is very different from those of us who have had them for years and theyre permanent.(Or so it seems)

Posted

i've had them since 18 and now im 21 they just keep getting worst

Guest *Clara
Posted

You're not a doctor so you can't make that claim. wink.gif I had redmarks and I had a phenol (deep peel) done to my entire face and all the redmarks are gone! smile.gif

Posted
i've had them since 18 and now im 21 they just keep getting worst

Posted
You're not a doctor so you can't make that claim. wink.gif I had redmarks and I had a phenol (deep peel) done to my entire face and all the redmarks are gone! smile.gif

Posted

REAlly??

I was thinking about doing something like that did it work well? Where did u get it done? what was it like? how much did it cost? i didnt think they did those for acne marks???

Posted

My cheeks are clear (well they were now they have turned slightly red but only because of shaving lool. It's my forehead which is annoying.

Posted

Make sure you aren't being overly sensitive about it, though. People who used to suffer from acne are notoriously paranoid about their complexion (myself included). Minor breakouts become earth shattering crises. Little blemishes that nobody else notices are "red spots that haven't disappeared for a decade." I hate to say it but no matter what, you will ALWAYS see your skin as much worse than it is.

Posted

Well all i can is that this is bollocks, its down to the indidual and there skin type/how there body reacts.

My friend had very severe acne on his face for several months, he went on tane, over 8 weeks it had all dissapeared, 6years down the line, no acne and no red marks at all!

The red marks were there for sometime after obvisously but as i've said above......not 1 in site now, just slightly lumpy looking skin on the cheeks but you have to be close to even tell.

Posted

do Benzoyl Peroxide help the rid of red marks?

Posted

Well i had red marks for almost 3 years after accutane using all sorts of regimens but the one that finally worked was the lemon water green tea combination. Have you given it a try? i definetely recommend it

And no bp doesn't help rather it prolongs them