Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steve11

minocin question

hi there, i have had problems with acne since early teens, my mother and her father both have acne even now. after trying several tetracyclines and other softer medication i eventually went on roaccutane in 97 and then agin in 99. ok here is the real question, after i had finished taking the roaccutane i went on minocin 50mg and this worked extremely well for 3 years, i recently got a new doctor and he decided to switch me to something called Lymecycline. i read on the net that this was supposed to be as good as minocin but with fewer side effects. after taking the Lymecycline for 8 weeks my acne grew worse than it had been in years, not as bad as before i had taken Roaccutane but still worse. i spoke to another dermatologist who said that she was now going to stop prescribing Lymecycline as she found it didnt work. i have been back on Minocin MR (now upped to 100mg daily) but i am finding the results after 5 weeks slow, slow to the point where i am a little worried that it is not working like it used to. can anyone offer me any advice, thanks in advance and cheers for actually reading this far lol.