Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icantthinkofaname

are red marks the first stage of scars??

I hate to think this and scare myself and all of you but I was wondering if red marks are the first stage of scars. What I mean is obviously you get a scar from acne but how does it turn into a scar. It's not like you have a pimple and then it just turns right into a minor hole in your skin. It's got to go through a cycle. I don't know just kind of confused. I lost all trust in derms now so it really sux. Only trust I have is other people on this message board that are actually trying to get better; not trying to make as much money as they can.

i think the only way to get a scar is to actually pop the pimple and then the wound doesn't heal properly, well that's how i see it.

if it's a pimple but it goes down by itself, i don't think it leaves scars...well for me anyway

the only times i get scars is when i pop my pimples, which i have stopped doing

i have tons of red marks, but none of them seems to turn into a scar

my dumb dermatologist told me that my red marks will turn into scars lol... he looked at my cheek for 1-2 sec top and told me this... and gave me stupid medicine.... that i dont take anymore cuz it didnt help me...