Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreame123

Tetracycline users

I took Tetracycline a while back and it did help with my acne but now I have acne again and I dont know how to get rid of it. I've tried everything, It's mainly on my forehead (some days are good and some days are bad...it's like my skin gets worse in a day). I'm stopping all of the supplements I am taking because I think that is causing my acne, but I am also considering going back on the Tetra.

My questions are:

Did anyone have an initial breakout? (i cant remember if I did)

How much of a decrease in acne did you see (if any at all)?

Did it make you worse?

How long did it take until you saw results?

I just cannot remember anything about the Tetra, except that it helped my skin to a certain degree and keep pimples away for months afterward I got off of it.

Thanks biggrin.gif

Hi there.

I am currently on oxytetracyline (& 2nd day of accutane). I had no intial breakout just gradually cleared my acne, mainly infected spots. I know just have a few small whiteheads & clogged pores (who knows these may subsude as well). The antibiotics started to noticeably work 2 weeks in (I am now approaching my 3rd week of treatment) & am on a dose of 250mg twice daily.

Hope this helps.