Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lyricist

"Red marks" and "brown marks" the same thing?

I have smooth brown marks on my cheeks and forehead left from acne. i've had this for about 5 years now.

I am polynesian and have brown skin.

I have been searching the site and can't seem to find many mentioning dark brown marks on their skin. only "help me with my RED marks"

Some guy posted his pics and it looks similar to mine except mine are brown and not lumpy in some places like his were.

My question is are red marks and brown marks the same thing? Only it is red on caucasion skin and brown on darker skin??

Someone care to answer? Cause im trying to find out how to get rid of these 6 year old BROWN marks but i dont know if they are scars or similar to "red marks left from acne"

eusa_wall.gif

To be honest, I'm not completely sure but I was under the impression, from reading the posts re redmarks etc that brown marks are the same as red marks but they just turn up a different colour on different skin colours. But I could be completely wrong, just wanted to give a wee reply!

After looking at more posts it seems "brown spots" is called "hyperpigmentation"

I don't know..i'm so confused... Gaah.

has ANYONE on this board recovered from brown spots?

...anyone.............. or is this all a wish..............

-----who is that in your avatar??

i thought they were the same but 4 years is a long time for marks to fade. have they at least lightened slightly or stayed the same. mite wana get some sort of treatment from a derm?

i thought they were the same but 4 years is a long time for marks to fade. have they at least lightened slightly or stayed the same. mite wana get some sort of treatment from a derm?

Im not sure if they have lightened.

Im wondering.. "Did i really have these for 5 years..OR did some fade and i jsut kept getting more cos i broke out"

Im going to look at this picture of me from 9th grade and see if i have the scars in the same places. perhaps these are all new ones.

But all i know is ive had dark spots for 5-6 years now. I said 4 years in my first post but that is a mistake. it has been 5-6 years.

Which is why im wondering if they are classified as scars.

i was thinking of going to a dermatologist but i really dont want to be lied to and have money sucked out of me. so im on this board trying to find if anyne else had/has brown marks and if there is a solution

-----who is that in your avatar??

It's Rachel Bilson.

Have you read the huge Delna thread? I think she may have had brown marks but I'm not sure

Yeah ive read some of it. I think its like 55 pages..lol

The whole vinegar and egg thing wasnt appealing to me.

If she had brown marks i wonder how long she had.

i think the longer you have 'em the harder it is to get off. ugh