Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trident

fraxel laser

I've had one Fractional laser treatment so far (the Lux 1540) and am at week 5 post treatment. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. My question is should I see ANY improvement at all, even 1 or 2 %?? I don't see anything even though I understand that it will take at least 3 treatments and that I won't see improvement until 3 months after the first. Even knowing that, I'm wondering if I should see even a small change at this point. I've read through many of the Fraxel posts but still can't determine whether people are seeing any kind of change, even the smallest of improvements, after one. Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback.

You wouldn't be able tell 1-2% change anyways because your skin fluctuates in quality based on your daily activities, weather, time of day, etc, anyways.

Just be patient and you'll begin to see improvements.

was thinking about having the fraxel laser done, but wanted to know if anyone who has done it before thinks it is worth the money?

For acne scars, you need to look into TotalFX or Fraxel Re:pair. I have read through all the posts in the forum and many many more from other forums and Google. You best shot is these 2 new procedures. I started a thread dicussing these 2 procedures. I personally have not gotten it done yet and don't know which one to choose from but definitely go with either one. Btw, these are "single treament" procedures unlike regular Fraxel which requires 4-5 treatments.

If anyone who can share information or results from TotalFX or Fraxel Re:pair, please contribute in my topic/post/thread or this thread.

Thank you....we are all in the fight against acne scars....let's help one another.

you'll need 3+ fraxel re:pair or active fx. just like when they were calling fraxel a no-downtime procedure. LOL

dont believe me. read the webinars on reliants site. you can see an acne scar patient who got re:pair. his scars are much improved but not gone. and after 3!

laser depth price

Harmony Pixel 20-50 microns $75,000

SureLase FX 40-300 $49,500

SureScan FX 40-300 $19,500

Affirm $130,000

Mixto SX 150-200 $55,000

Encore Active FX 150-200 $105,000

Mosaic 20-50 $90,000

MA 610 50-200 $65,000

LuxIR 1.5-3 mm $40,000

LuxDeepIR 1.0-4 mm

Lux1540 1 mm $55,000

SR 750 400-700 $90,000

SR 1500 400-1500 $110,000

Pro-Fractional 25-1500 $90,000

It's exactly 3 weeks since my first fraxel treatment - did both cheeks, from jawline up to my eyes - and I'm so thrilled with the results already, I didn't expect to see much of a change if any from the first treatment, but my pigmentation from taking the pill is gone, as well as red marks, the indentations (pock marks I guess) from acne are a bit shallower, and for the first time in 10 years I have not worn foundation to go out, it feels so liberating to nto wear make up to work, and I can just pop down to the shop if I need to without worrying to put make up on first.

I had minimal swelling the 2 days following the procedure, I applied an ice pack for a few minutes the following morning but saw no need to thereafter. I didn't get the bronzed skin either, my face was only quite pink the first two days. I had it done on Wednesday, and could have gone to work on the Thursday but had booked DVD's to watch thinking I'd need to stay home, so I went back to work on the Friday, without makeup, no problem. I had the "sand-paper" skin texture for a while and now its all smooth again.

In my opinion Fraxel is definitely worth it! My self confidence is way up and I wake up happy everyday knowing I can shower and that's it, no applying foundation, I can fly long distance without stupid foundation looking crap when I land etc etc, everything is just great now :D

As for the cost, I'm in South Africa and paid R 1800 for one treatment of the cheeks, which works out to just under 250 dollars, lol much cheaper than in the USA, laser hair removal here is also much more affordable, I'm getting all my laser treatments done here and then I can move overseas without worrying about finding a good dr and spending a fortune. I think what they are charging you guys in america is exorbitant and a rip-off.

I don't know what machine it is, it's with the new tip so no blue dye, and the energy level goes up to 12 or 15 not sure, but I had it at level 9 and 8 passes on each cheek. My sister is so impressed with my results from one session that she has booked to have it done too.

My next appointment is in two weeks time exactly. Can't wait to see further improvement.

And guys I really do believe it is a no downtime procedure, at least for me, maybe my settings were low therefore there was no downtime, but it worked to removed marks and pigmentation so.....

ok guys, just had my second fraxel two days ago. now that i now how many days to expect for downtime, it's not as bad. plus i'm doing forehead only so i can still go out with a hat.

my treatments so far:

7/06-level 20

12/06-level 20

4/08-level 70

5/08-level 70

I just really hope that I get at least 50-75% improvement...it's just so damn expensive!

I haven't been on for ages but its been about a year since I had 3 fraxels, face, neck and hands. No improvement on hands or neck. On the face, I had some white burn scars that I felt got improved, broken up so to speak. I don't think i got any collagen improvement, they were starting to claim that at the time when I did it. I used fraxel 2 with the blue dye. I didn't see any wrinkle improvement. I would do more at some point but I want the price to go down, and it would mainly be for the scarring. I could see where if you do a bunch of them it may help more with the wrinkles and other things.

Hi all -

Its been a while since I last chimed in on my test site .. after full 3 months or more, I finally went through my first full face Fraxel this morning and I tell you it hurt like hell. The test site 2 by 2 inches was a breeze, but the full face was nothing of that sort. I have very high pain tolerance, but it was worse than getting a tattoo. Then upto two-hours post Fraxel, I was jumping up and down due to the burn feeling on my face .. it made me think what the real burn victims must go through.

Anyways, pain aside I'm a little swollen right now. I see no visible improvements of my scar and I'm not expecting either. The doctor I'm with is real busy, and finally managed to setup four treatments month apart. I will post pics soon. I've got high hopes but will see.

Had my 3rd fraxel yesterday. I got variable treatment levels all over, but in the more scarred areas i got 70/8/9 or 70/9/8 (i don't remember) and for the less scarred areas i got 40/8/8 (not sure about the last 2 numbers but the 40s correct). I forgot to ask my doc what those numbers meant when he was reading them out to the nurse, does anyone know? I'm guessing the first 2 are treatment levels and the last is number of passes? Is 70/8/9 considered strong?

Still a bit swollen today but looking forward to some more improvement to my skin!

I just had my fifth Fraxel done, and the surgeon has said he will stop the Fraxels and wants me to come back in a month for a fat injection consultation. The Fraxel did pretty much nothing for the scarring, although the skin around the scars looks younger and smoother.

I said I would post before and after pics, but there's no need as there was neglible improvement.

I was using Re:Store and the depth setting was set to maximum, the energy level was set to two levels below maximum. The nurse had to bring the energy level down on my last two treatments because my skin had become too sensitive to the pain.

I've been thinking about it all day now, and I don't think I want to do fat injections. It's only temporary, and the large scars have irregular shapes to them. I don't see anyway he can make a fat injection conform to the shapes of the scars.

I'm considering my options. One of the surgeons I consulted with earlier this year wanted to do a CO2 laser on me, maybe I will go back to him and see if he will still do it. I also wonder if an old fashioned dermabrasion would be best for me. Even though all of the surgeons I consulted with listed dermabrasion on thier websites, none of them actually do it. There's a thread on this board about a doc in New Orleans who does dermabrasion, but I don't know if it's practical for me to fly from San Diego to there to do it. So if anybody reading this knows of a surgeon in San Diego who still does wire wheel dermabrasions, please let me know.

Anyway, here's my stats for your information: 42 years old, white, male, pale skin, rolling type scars, scar level was moderate to severe. I've had the scarring since I was a teen.

I guess I should reiterate that it was the surgeon who runs the practice that wanted the Fraxels stopped, not me. I actually scheduled a sixth one. The surgeon wasn't even performing the Fraxels himself, it was being done by a nurse practitioner. I had only met the surgeon two times, very briefly after my first and second Fraxel. He canceled my next Fraxel appointment without even asking me and told the receptionist to call me to come in for a fat injection consultation.

Maybe I should give the fat injections a try. If it's not too expensive, and I don't have to do it too often, and it actually works, maybe I'll do it.

I don't know, I gotta think about it.

Hi HughB,

It would be tremendous help to those seeking info on Fraxel to post a pic of your scars so that they know that Fraxel might not be the best option for them. As you see, we pretty much by now know that while Fraxel works wonders for some, it does not for others. An informed treatment seeker should not be wasting high dollars on treatments like Fraxel if it is proven by experience that it does not work. I hope to see some of your pics .. just cover your eyes and forehead for privacy. It doesn't matter if its post or pre-Fraxel.

Thanks!!

I just had my fifth Fraxel done, and the surgeon has said he will stop the Fraxels and wants me to come back in a month for a fat injection consultation. The Fraxel did pretty much nothing for the scarring, although the skin around the scars looks younger and smoother.

I said I would post before and after pics, but there's no need as there was neglible improvement.

I was using Re:Store and the depth setting was set to maximum, the energy level was set to two levels below maximum. The nurse had to bring the energy level down on my last two treatments because my skin had become too sensitive to the pain.

I've been thinking about it all day now, and I don't think I want to do fat injections. It's only temporary, and the large scars have irregular shapes to them. I don't see anyway he can make a fat injection conform to the shapes of the scars.

I'm considering my options. One of the surgeons I consulted with earlier this year wanted to do a CO2 laser on me, maybe I will go back to him and see if he will still do it. I also wonder if an old fashioned dermabrasion would be best for me. Even though all of the surgeons I consulted with listed dermabrasion on thier websites, none of them actually do it. There's a thread on this board about a doc in New Orleans who does dermabrasion, but I don't know if it's practical for me to fly from San Diego to there to do it. So if anybody reading this knows of a surgeon in San Diego who still does wire wheel dermabrasions, please let me know.

Anyway, here's my stats for your information: 42 years old, white, male, pale skin, rolling type scars, scar level was moderate to severe. I've had the scarring since I was a teen.

I guess I should reiterate that it was the surgeon who runs the practice that wanted the Fraxels stopped, not me. I actually scheduled a sixth one. The surgeon wasn't even performing the Fraxels himself, it was being done by a nurse practitioner. I had only met the surgeon two times, very briefly after my first and second Fraxel. He canceled my next Fraxel appointment without even asking me and told the receptionist to call me to come in for a fat injection consultation.

Maybe I should give the fat injections a try. If it's not too expensive, and I don't have to do it too often, and it actually works, maybe I'll do it.

I don't know, I gotta think about it.

I'll call the office on Monday and ask them to email me the pics. I'll post them soon after that.

Hughb: Fat injections are not temporary. You might lose a bit of fat but they more or less are permanent. Start off small and go for a few sessions to get the best results.

hughb, I think one of the reasons why you may not have seen much improvement in your skin is because of your age. At 42 years old, you produce much less collagen than when you were say 20. Also, you really should wait at least 6 months after your last fraxel before you judge upon your results as your skin needs time to build up collagen and fill up the scars.

I specifically chose a place that did their fraxel with a dermatologist, not a nurse. It's been pretty good so far, but it's probably a bit more expensive doing it this way (haven't actually checked the prices for other places yet). My dermatologist suggested doing needling after my 5th fraxel which I might look into doing if after my 6 months of waiting I'm still not satisfied with my results.

I started a series of Fraxel laser treatments on Thursday (1 of 5) and already i've noticed a positive difference with 2 scars in particular having faded to almost nothing.

The scars on my temples have dramatically reduced in size since after my 2nd fraxel. They were mainly small crater looking ones (not sure what they're classified as), and they're much less noticeable now. Now I'm just hoping that the ones on my cheeks disappear!!

I just called the office to have my photos emailed to me and I can tell they don't want to do it, or else they simply don't know how. I find it hard to believe I'm the first patient there who has ever asked for my pics, but that's how it seems. The person on the phone said she doesn't know if she can send them or not. Then she said it may be in a power point presentation, then maybe in a word presentation. I was so struck by here naivete that I didn't even ask if she would simply attach them in an email. Anyway, if they come in some odd format I can forward them to someone on this board who has powerpoint or whatever to get them posted. I'm headed to the gym, I'm not going to sit around waiting for it.

OK, I got my right profile before/after pics. However, I can't get them to upload. I get the spinning circle telling me that it is uploading and after a couple of minutes it stops and says no attachement selected. Can somebody help me out here?

BTW, now that I've had time to look at the before/after pics more closely, I can see a small amount of improvement. Not much, but it's there.

OK, I think I see the problem. My pics are 1.6MB each, they are too big. Anybody got any ideas?

HughB, I think you should wait for about 4 or 5 more months. I didn't start to see results until quite a few months after my last Fraxel and yes, it was a slow going softening of all the scars . It happened so gradualy that no one really noticed but it does take a while for the full effect to be noticed. Give it more time.

I want to have another round or do the newer Fraxel to get even more results. Fraxel won't cure your scars just soften them. I know how frustrating it can be to go through 5 months of treatments and then have to wait for some kind of results.

HughB, I think you should wait for about 4 or 5 more months. I didn't start to see results until quite a few months after my last Fraxel and yes, it was a slow going softening of all the scars . It happened so gradualy that no one really noticed but it does take a while for the full effect to be noticed. Give it more time.

I want to have another round or do the newer Fraxel to get even more results. Fraxel won't cure your scars just soften them. I know how frustrating it can be to go through 5 months of treatments and then have to wait for some kind of results.

I ~did~ want to continue with Fraxel. I set an appointment for my sixth one. But when I got home the recpetionist called me and said that the surgeon who runs the practice had looked at my photos and canceled my Fraxel without even asking me. So it must be clear to him that Fraxel wasn't working.

HOWEVER, when I go back in July for a consultation on what to do next, I will ask him if I can continue with the Fraxels before trying something else. Personally, I'd like to do 8 of them, and then give it a few months to heal over. But it will be up to the surgeon. I will abide whatever he says.

OK, I just put the pics on photobucket, lets see if they show up here. This will be the before if it shows up:

before.jpg

Well, they won't show no matter what I do. I can't upload them and I can't embed them as an image. If you want to see them I guess you will have to cut n paste the url.