Notifications
Clear all

fraxel laser

MemberMember
(@trident)

Posted : 09/19/2005 6:04 pm

was thinking about having the fraxel laser done, but wanted to know if anyone who has done it before thinks it is worth the money?

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 09/19/2005 8:14 pm

yeah, i was curious about this too....anyone?? i've done smoothbeam, but now wanted to try fraxel. i'm just fed up with my skin. i mean, honestly. eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@citygirl)

Posted : 09/19/2005 9:45 pm

Arya... I know exactly how you feel! evil.gif

Anyways, I would like to hear about this too. I am very hesitant about lasers, but not completely opposed to them. Can someone recommend a doctor in L.A. that does Fraxel laser for scars?

MemberMember
(@floridaguy)

Posted : 09/20/2005 11:47 am

I have gotten good but not spectacular results from my 5 Fraxels. Total cost about 3k (I got a speical deal) For ME it was worth it. I would rate my acne scar improvements to be over 30% and I think 50% is possible if you have the time and money to do about 8 of these treatments (I had moderate scars and a few severe acne scars) I do not think Fraxel is worth 1K per Treatment but if you can get it done for under $700 then you should not be dissapointed. I get mine at $500 (full face) because My picture is on my docs web site. Fraxel is very much worth $500 per treatment so I am lucky there. I will be having more done next year and will have a little filler touch up end of this year.

PS I have had Great improvement to my skin tone TOO which is an added bonus

Arya... I know exactly how you feel!  evil.gif

Anyways, I would like to hear about this too. I am very hesitant about lasers, but not completely opposed to them. Can someone recommend a doctor in L.A. that does Fraxel laser for scars?

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/20/2005 4:45 pm

FloridaGuy, i will be having fraxels done to for 500 a treatment...i think most places are probably starting to come down with the price, which is good...not many people can afford 1K treatments...Do you think fraxel with help with the blackheads i get on my nose?

MemberMember
(@trident)

Posted : 09/20/2005 7:27 pm

floridaguy, how is your skin texture like now after having done the treatments compared to before? what kind of scars did you suffer from before?

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/20/2005 9:54 pm

Here is a TV video about fraxel for acne scars with Dr. Rapport

http://www.totaldermatology.com/pages/acnescar.html

MemberMember
(@trident)

Posted : 09/21/2005 6:41 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@floridaguy)

Posted : 09/22/2005 11:01 am

floridaguy, how is your skin texture like now after having done the treatments compared to before? what kind of scars did you suffer from before?

MemberMember
(@sodapop)

Posted : 09/22/2005 3:04 pm

Whyme? thats a good web site.

MemberMember
(@trident)

Posted : 09/24/2005 4:56 pm

any more success stories?

MemberMember
(@lightgirl)

Posted : 09/24/2005 11:22 pm

any more success stories?

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/25/2005 4:51 pm

Here is an impressive slide show of over 50 cases of fraxel....give it up for number 38, Floridaguy!!!, nice improvement bud

http://www.fraxel.com/treatment.asp

MemberMember
(@electroscars)

Posted : 09/25/2005 5:48 pm

Hi all! I had one Fraxel treatment and then I opted for the PSR3 Plasma Skin Regeneration method. I peel a lot from this and I heal up better than I did with the Fraxel. I think they are both similar in the results, but the PRS3 seems to give faster results in less treatments. I do think the Fraxel is good though. I just like the PSR3 better for me. It is helping smooth out a lot of my shallow scarring. I just had my third treatment on Friday. Every time my skin looks so much better. Hopefully after two more I won't be bothered by my skin anymore! I can only hope :-)

MemberMember
(@trident)

Posted : 09/25/2005 8:42 pm

great website "whyme"

I was wondering for those who've had the fraxel done, how much improvement did you see after after the first treatment, especially for mild to moderate acne scars? I was thinking about having one done every two months.

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/25/2005 9:21 pm

Floridaguy...how much improvement do you think i could get in my skin from 10 fraxels? I've got the money to do it, so i want my skin to look really nice...I'm planning on having the first 3 treatments once a week to get the ball rolling, and then have one treatment every two or three weeks after that...do you think that would lead to some "mad" improvement in skin tone/acne scars?

MemberMember
(@lightgirl)

Posted : 09/25/2005 9:41 pm

Floridaguy...how much improvement do you think i could get in my skin from 10 fraxels? I've got the money to do it, so i want my skin to look really nice...I'm planning on having the first 3 treatments once a week to get the ball rolling, and then have one treatment every two or three weeks after that...do you think that would lead to some "mad" improvement in skin tone/acne scars?

MemberMember
(@lawboy)

Posted : 09/26/2005 12:33 am

Hi all!  I had one Fraxel treatment and then I opted for the PSR3 Plasma Skin Regeneration method.  I peel a lot from this and I heal up better than I did with the Fraxel.  I think they are both similar in the results, but the PRS3 seems to give faster results in less treatments.  I do think the Fraxel is good though.  I just like the PSR3 better for me.  It is helping smooth out a lot of my shallow scarring. I just had my third treatment on Friday.  Every time my skin looks so much better.  Hopefully after two more I won't be bothered by my skin anymore!  I can only hope :-)

MemberMember
(@floridaguy)

Posted : 09/26/2005 9:02 am

Here is an impressive slide show of over 50 cases of fraxel....give it up for number 38, Floridaguy!!!, nice improvement bud

http://www.fraxel.com/treatment.asp

MemberMember
(@zxc)

Posted : 09/26/2005 9:06 am

If those people with very deep scars just kept on getting these treatments would the scars not disappear completely eventually?

MemberMember
(@floridaguy)

Posted : 09/26/2005 10:18 am

If those people with very deep scars just kept on getting these treatments would the scars not disappear completely eventually?

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/26/2005 10:39 am

Floridaguy, i will be having 10 fraxels, with the first 3 a week apart and then the remaining ones two or three weeks apart after that....what kind of improvement do you think ill get in tone/scars?

MemberMember
(@electroscars)

Posted : 09/26/2005 11:29 am

Floridaguy, i will be having 10 fraxels, with the first 3 a week apart and then the remaining ones two or three weeks apart after that....what kind of improvement do you think ill get in tone/scars?

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/26/2005 12:20 pm

thanks electroscars...my first one will be on Oct. 15

MemberMember
(@trident)

Posted : 09/26/2005 10:52 pm

I have been doing alot of research on fraxel laser, and have seen some before/after photos from dr's offices. To my dissappointment, it seems that this procedure is mostly hype as to the effectiveness in treating acne scars. The pictures posted up in the fraxel.com website seem to be highly misleading as i suspect they are only the few instances where the most signficant improvement in patient's outcome has been shown. call it biased advertisement. I recommend going to your local dr.'s office where they do fraxel treatments and asking to see some photos. I have yet to see any substantial improvements from the photos i've seen in my dr's office. Just a forethought, the pictures you see on reliant technology's fraxel laser can be misleading--showing only the few instances of patients who's outcome were positive compared to the numerous dissappointments other patients who've had it done showed.