Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Realdeal

The Reasons scars p**s me off!(ANGLE AND LIGHTING)

LIGHTING AND ANGLE

We can assume these are both the same, as adjustment in the angle scars are viewed at affects the light which falls on the face.

Honestly in normal lightbulb light, my scars viewed in a mirror are laughable and extremely superficial,they don`t even look as if there are there.However in the bathroom cabinet mirror viewed with natural light coming in through the window we get a totally differant impression of them, and at a certain angle some look terrible!

For this reason you never really know what your scars are actually like, I have dcecided to say that they are both the best and worst that you can view them.

Any opinions on this?

Well, natural lighting isn't the worst for me, I've found that what bothers me the most is strictly the angle. Lighting from the side of my face doesn't look bad, but above head lighting is the worst.

THe very worst are some hotel room washroom mirrors for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm used to my home mirror where the lighting is better.

Next time i'm travelling i'm going to ask the front desk not to even bother giving me a room with crap lighting because i'll be checking out really fast.

The worst is in daylight looking in the rearview mirror of my car. I'd remove it, but I think I'd probably get a ticket. user posted image

The best type of lighting is candle lighting or the lighting in a dimly lit pub.

I totally agree. Did you ever see that Seinfeld where Jerry's girlfriend looked hideous some times and then great other times? That's how I feel, in the right lighting I catch my reflection and think, wow, it's not so bad, then five minutes later I'm in another mirror with caked on makeup, bumps and holes everywhere. I actually plan things based on lighting sometimes.

The worst is in daylight looking in the rearview mirror of my car.  I'd remove it, but I think I'd probably get a ticket. user posted image

The best type of lighting is candle lighting or the lighting in a dimly lit pub.

Well, natural lighting isn't the worst for me, I've found that what bothers me the most is strictly the angle.  Lighting from the side of my face doesn't look bad, but above head lighting is the worst.

I know my scars are virtually imperceptible under certain lighting conditions and angles, but look horrible under others.

I totally agree. Did you ever see that Seinfeld where Jerry's girlfriend looked hideous some times and then great other times? That's how I feel, in the right lighting I catch my reflection and think, wow, it's not so bad, then five minutes later I'm in another mirror with caked on makeup, bumps and holes everywhere. I actually plan things based on lighting sometimes.

The worst is in daylight looking in the rearview mirror of my car.  I'd remove it, but I think I'd probably get a ticket. user posted image

Well, natural lighting isn't the worst for me, I've found that what bothers me the most is strictly the angle.  Lighting from the side of my face doesn't look bad, but above head lighting is the worst.

lighting and angle can both have an effect on my scars, angle has the most though, turn my head and there really bad..

heres soom light ones, light from the sides is the worse for me, above lighting is just as bad.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Don't feel too bad. Remember you;re not the only person with scarring. Many have to deal with it and go on to lead very successful lives and careers. Those pics were excellent thanks again.

^^ them pictures really tell the story, superb my friend makes people understand.

yea they do but they also make me cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

^^ them pictures really tell the story, superb my friend makes people understand.

yea they do but they also make me cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

LIGHTING AND ANGLE

We can assume these are both the same, as adjustment in the angle scars are viewed at affects the light which falls on the face.

Honestly in normal lightbulb light, my scars viewed in a mirror are laughable and extremely superficial,they don`t even look as if there are there.However in the bathroom cabinet mirror viewed with natural light coming in through the window we get a totally differant impression of them, and at a certain angle some look terrible!

For this reason you never really know what your scars are actually like, I have dcecided to say that they are both the best and worst that you can view them.

Any opinions on this?

Don't feel too bad. Remember you;re not the only person with scarring. Many have to deal with it and go on to lead very successful lives and careers. Those pics were excellent thanks again.

I'm not a chick but I'm thinkin lots of girls would go for you. Don't worry about it you've got's lots to offer

((HUGS))

Just look in the mirror when the light is good. See if your getting new pimples and treating them. Don't stay staring at ur scars in bad lighting, it will only depress you. When ur outside people are not gonna check ur skin and search for flaws. Well normal people who don't care about their scars or dont have or see them.

They will see you as the package, the whole package and are not gonna center out spots and pitts and stuff.

Hey Adam,your scars look like mine,except mine are a bit worse and I have more.Your picture really show nicely how lighting from different angles effects scar appearance.I know how you feel,my skin and looks are really getting me down,especially the last two days. cry.gif

Just look in the mirror when the light is good. See if your getting new pimples  and treating them. Don't stay staring at ur scars in bad lighting, it will only depress you. When ur outside people are not gonna check ur skin and search for flaws. Well normal people who don't care about their scars or dont have or see them.

They will see you as the package, the whole package and are not gonna center out spots and pitts and stuff.

Guest frogprince

I went to several different public places/ bathrooms/ etc...

In the bright yellowish areas I look really clear.

In the bright whitish yellowish areas I looked semi reddish.

In the dim whitish areas my scars look a lot darker. I looked terrible.

In the dim yellowish areas my scars look reddish

In the an dim cloudy day I look semi clear, but scars look darker

In the bright, sunny day I look reddish, but clearer

In the department store with white flourescent bulbs I look realy reddish

In the rearview window I can see my scars well, but it also depends on the

shade of the day

but in the dark... (with moonlight)

I look sexily seductive...

I am unstoppable

In direct sunlight, I barely see my scars. In one of the bathrooms in the house, I look AWFUL. It's more of a orange-gold light color, and has overhead lights. I cry when I see my scars in the mirror.

shade of the day

I am unstoppable

shade of the day

I am unstoppable