Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

big pores & ice picks? (picture)

sosimple, how long were you doing peels before you saw this effect start to happen, and how long did you wait in between the peels?

I was doing them every four weeks, had great looking skin and was getting compliments

from lots of people, then I started the lactic acid peels.....went to the doc about the

larger pores and he recommended a jessner peel, all I know my skin has not been

the same........went back to the doc for the larger pores and wrinkles, he had his

nurse do a facial on me which left me with shallow indents all over my face.

I'm so depressed......It's been about a month since the facial....can't even stand

living anymore!!! My skin was so good! Now I feel I've been stripped of everything!

I was going out with more girls that I ever have in my life while my skin was great,

now I can't even get them to notice me anymore! I aced my current girlfriend at the

time because I had so much self confidence that I felt that it was perfect timing,

now I have to resort to pullin the ol' richard again.............................fuck!

I was on RAM for about 5 weeks.  I started taking the supps

about two weeks ago.  Then I started the HA on friday.

I gotta tell ya......It is the HA.  I've been pouring oil

since the peel nonstop!  Within three days I have stopped

being oily, which lets RAM do what it's best at.....Shed!

The texture of my skin is smooth, smooth, smooth!

At extreme angles the surface of my skin looked like

a ridges of varying height, but it has all filled in except

a few deeper spots, which are looking improved as well!

Babay but smooth!  Of course I still have red marks, but

I'm hoping the RAM will shed that shizen off!

Just wanted to give ya'll an update.......I'm having

the most amazing results with my new routine....

ester-C

ALA

RAM .1%

HA

zinc

omega 3's

vit e

b-complex

I used to be oily as hell, but since I started the HA

my pores shrunk, and gone are the quick runs to the

bathroom to pat down my face, my skin actually started

to flake from the retin-a again! Ever since the jessner peel

all RAM did was make me oily, not anymore!!!!!

Even the shallow scarring from the facial scrub is fillin in.

I did more research in HA and contrary to what is found

in this forum, it has a whole lot to do with healing, not

just plumping the scars as previously thought.

My skin is so smooth and getting better everyday.........

I'm happy today, I can't even believe it, life is beautiful again!

sosimple, how long were you doing peels before you saw this effect start to happen, and how long did you wait in between the peels?

I was doing them every four weeks, had great looking skin and was getting compliments

from lots of people, then I started the lactic acid peels.....went to the doc about the

larger pores and he recommended a jessner peel, all I know my skin has not been

the same........went back to the doc for the larger pores and wrinkles, he had his

nurse do a facial on me which left me with shallow indents all over my face.

I'm so depressed......It's been about a month since the facial....can't even stand

living anymore!!! My skin was so good! Now I feel I've been stripped of everything!

I was going out with more girls that I ever have in my life while my skin was great,

now I can't even get them to notice me anymore! I aced my current girlfriend at the

time because I had so much self confidence that I felt that it was perfect timing,

now I have to resort to pullin the ol' richard again.............................fuck!

I was on RAM for about 5 weeks.  I started taking the supps

about two weeks ago.  Then I started the HA on friday.

I gotta tell ya......It is the HA.  I've been pouring oil

since the peel nonstop!  Within three days I have stopped

being oily, which lets RAM do what it's best at.....Shed!

The texture of my skin is smooth, smooth, smooth!

At extreme angles the surface of my skin looked like

a ridges of varying height, but it has all filled in except

a few deeper spots, which are looking improved as well!

Babay but smooth!  Of course I still have red marks, but

I'm hoping the RAM will shed that shizen off!

so are you saying all the bad effects from the lactic and jessner peels are gone?

HA is the cellex-c stuff that costs a fortune right? I have something similar from estee lauder. it hleped my redmarks while i was using it but once i sotpped my redmarks reverted back to what they were.

Just wanted to give ya'll an update.......I'm having

the most amazing results with my new routine....

ester-C

ALA

RAM .1%

HA

zinc

omega 3's

vit e

b-complex

I used to be oily as hell, but since I started the HA

my pores shrunk, and gone are the quick runs to the

bathroom to pat down my face, my skin actually started

to flake from the retin-a again! Ever since the jessner peel

all RAM did was make me oily, not anymore!!!!!

Even the shallow scarring from the facial scrub is fillin in.

I did more research in HA and contrary to what is found

in this forum, it has a whole lot to do with healing, not

just plumping the scars as previously thought.

My skin is so smooth and getting better everyday.........

I'm happy today, I can't even believe it, life is beautiful again!

eusa_dance.gifeusa_clap.gif Yay! I'm so happy for you! I am doing an HA compress right now as I'm typing this. Are you taking HA in supplement form or topical? maybe I'll give what you're doing a go!

Well.......the oil has not returned......but the pores and orange peel

texture has. S500 was saying that microdermabrasion smoothed

out his texture. Any thoughts on this? I am kinda hesitant to

try anything invasive cause of my last adventure.

Microdermabrasion is typically not invasive at all unless you have an extensive medical microdermabrasion like Magneticxboy did. You really shouldn't have much to worry about but maybe you should wait a bit and let your skin chill and see what happens. You said the pores and texture are back. Are the scrub marks back to original depth also?

Colin

yea i got microderm and used some glycolic cream the following days after that she gave, and things are much much better. the cost for micoderm was 80 bucks and i think worth it, its very mild. tiny tiny things are filling in, did nothing ofcourse for major picks or scars. the micro and the creams seem to help.

Microdermabrasion is typically not invasive at all unless you have an extensive medical microdermabrasion like Magneticxboy did.  You really shouldn't have much to worry about but maybe you should wait a bit and let your skin chill and see what happens.  You said the pores and texture are back.  Are the scrub marks back to original depth also?

Colin

Any other suggestions?  Maybe CP Serum? Someone else suggested emu oil.......Please

if you have had this happen, tell me what I should do, I begging!

Any other suggestions?  Maybe CP Serum? Someone else suggested emu oil.......Please

if you have had this happen, tell me what I should do, I begging!

I think depending on what mirror Iam using with the type of light determines whether theres improvement or not. Today I was looking at my bathroom mirror with the window light coming thru and I really felt like jumping out. My room light at night is the best, makes everything go away, but all an illusion.

The pores are definetly less visable with one microdermabrasion, retina a, and glycolic cream 10 percent and lots of time but theyre still there, it sucks, mine dont even look uniformed, I have tiny tiny dots that you can connect.

I ordered microdermabrasion crystals, more glycolic 10 percent cream, and cu3 intensice repair cream from drugstore.com. My plan is to use the crystals once a week VERY LIGHTLY then apply the glycolic after and continue in the day time, and using the cu3 copper peptide at night in hopes for new colagen to build.

For everyone dealing with large pores after some kind of peel, here is what happened to me.

I got a series of increasing percenrtage glycolic acid peels at the derms. office. At first they really seemed to do nothing except my skin did have more of a glow. Anyways by the time I got up to 70% my scars seemed to be looking worse. Anyway, I should have stopped then but I thought maybe doing them once a month as I had been wasn't enough. The aesthetician perfroming the peels said it would be fine and couldn't do any damage and I didn't have to wait an entire month. so I went back and got 2 70% peels within 2 weeks. About 3 days after the second peel and about 20 minutes after a hot shower - bam - large pored out of no where!! I looked in the mirror one minute and my skin looked good and then a second later I saw all these pores. It was the wierdest thing. I thougt it would quickly subside, but it didn't. That was about 1.5 years ago and my pores just started looking more normal about 8 months ago. What really kicked that off was using Tazorac. My point is have hope - they do look close to what they looked like before.

My docotor looked at me like I was crazy and said that the peels could not have caused this - but then to contradict himself he offered 2 possible explanations.

1- What is under your top layer of skin is not always better and sometimes worse. Your pores could have been covered by skin making them look smaller and then a peels reveals what they look like underneath.

2- The peels caused your pores to get irritaed and then inflamed closing their walls. This causes them to "artifically clog" and boom they look larger.

It sucks having to deal with large pores...I think my pores are clogged too, if i look closely, the pores look black! I've heard so many reviews about the aspirin mask and people looking better after it. do you think that mask would improve our appearance somewhat?

mine are like that too...almost freckly. you can probably connect the dots on my face. Anyway, i ain't doing nothing about it since anyting i do will probably make it worse. I was this close to doing a lactic peel. I shudder to think what could have happened.

I think depending on what mirror Iam using with the type of light determines whether theres improvement or not. Today I was looking at my bathroom mirror with the window light coming thru and I really felt like jumping out. My room light at night is the best, makes everything go away, but all an illusion.

The pores are definetly less visable with one microdermabrasion, retina a, and glycolic cream 10 percent and lots of time but theyre still there, it sucks, mine dont even look uniformed, I have tiny tiny  dots that you can connect.

I ordered microdermabrasion crystals, more glycolic 10 percent cream, and cu3 intensice repair cream from drugstore.com. My plan is to use the crystals once a week VERY LIGHTLY then apply the glycolic after and continue in the day time, and using the cu3 copper peptide at night in hopes for new colagen to build.

i was looking at maybe needling and supercop for those scarred pores.. does anyone have any experience with pores getting smaller that way?

Microdermabrasion is typically not invasive at all unless you have an extensive medical microdermabrasion like Magneticxboy did.  You really shouldn't have much to worry about but maybe you should wait a bit and let your skin chill and see what happens.  You said the pores and texture are back.  Are the scrub marks back to original depth also?

Colin

781236[/snapback]

Yes they are continually improving in depth, but he rough texture, wrinkles, hills, valleys, large

pores are back! I am going to see a new derm in three weeks. I have a sneaky suspicion

that he will say to wait to do micro derm until the rolling indents from the facial have healed

completely. I'm a slow healer, so in my case that could mean another six months!

Ahh....fuck. I'm just gonna lock myself in my studio.....hide out for awhile, bang out

some beats.

i have large pores as well. I've been thinking about dermabrasion. Any thoughs on the surgery?

Colin

781236[/snapback]

Yes they are continually improving in depth, but he rough texture, wrinkles, hills, valleys, large

pores are back! I am going to see a new derm in three weeks. I have a sneaky suspicion

that he will say to wait to do micro derm until the rolling indents from the facial have healed

completely. I'm a slow healer, so in my case that could mean another six months!

Ahh....fuck. I'm just gonna lock myself in my studio.....hide out for awhile, bang out

some beats.

i have large pores as well. I've been thinking about dermabrasion. Any thoughs on the surgery?

I have seen many posts on this forum and even information about dermabrasion that say it will actually enlarge your pores and permanently too. Dermabrasion is not for large pores by any means. Sorry from what I have seen large pores are there for good and will probably get larger over time.

Colin

781236[/snapback]

some beats.

I have seen many posts on this forum and even information about dermabrasion that say it will actually enlarge your pores and permanently too. Dermabrasion is not for large pores by any means. Sorry from what I have seen large pores are there for good and will probably get larger over time.

agreed. seems there's no way for those pores to go but bigger. I think mine looks smaller at different times. Sometimes they're unbearably huge, many ppl close to me have noticed this. Sometimes they're okay. I think they're permanent.

My pores look like that all the time!

ACCUTANE DID NOTHING FOR ME - AND I MEAN - NOTHING! IT WAS A PIECE OF JUNK!

MY PIZZA FACE IS STILL HERE AND I'M IN MY 40'S!

I'M A SEVERE ACNE SCENARIO AND SO WHILE ACCUTANE MAY WORK FOR MODERATE ACNE, IT IS JUNK FOR SEVERE ACNE PEOPLE LIKE ME! ACCUTANE ONLY RUINS YOUR BODY - OTHER THAN THAT - THERE IS NO BENEFIT TO ELIMINATING ACNE!

I would start using retin-a micro, I've been on it for about 5 weeks now since

the damage started showing, and it's been improving the situation steadily.

Please reread what I posted above, you will see that this describes our

situation to a T, I would stay away from peels for awhile...

those products work like make-up it is like powder in a liquid form when water evaporates, powder fill up the pores and makes them look smaller. it is no cure whatsoever

i was looking at maybe needling and supercop for those scarred pores.. does anyone have any experience with pores getting smaller that way?

no way they'll get smaller! needling is really shitty procedure it does nothing but dig holes to yiur skin and make things worse. i wish someone have warned me too!