Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

Betaine hydrochloride, low stomach acid

WEll, been detoxing for months now with moderate improvement. I read an ask shelley link and realized all my symptoms were under low stomach acidity. (belching, indigestion, acne, low back pain, constipation, REALLY BAD THIRST.) On my second day of it and i had three bowel movements yesterday. I can feel my stomach gurgling, and the chronic mucous i always have in the back of my throat is gone. Was on antibiotics for my kidney most of my life, so im thinking perhaps this was a cause for it. If i can get rid of this chronic thirst, and it's slowly going away, then i will literally have a party for it. It's bothers the hell out of me cause i cant even go in a store without a bottle of water in my purse. Anyone have similar symptoms?

Hey there............i read that you have low back pains along with acne...I have these symtoms too but the low back pain comes and go and not as serve as they used to be i first had these back pains in my lower back when i was 18 and then my acne was getting bad then too...like i was expericing bad insomia too as soon as i was able to sleep for one night good my acne would go down significantly......is there a link do i need detoxing...... eusa_angel.gif

"hey, i don't know if this might work for you but it did for me. my doctor had recommended some over the counter digestive aids for me cause acne can also be caused by your body not digesting and distributing the protiens well. what i'm taking is BETAINE HYDROCHLORIDE 600MG WITH PEPSIN FROM COUNTRY LIFE AND PAPAYA ENZYME FROM AMERICAN HEALTH. now dont worry cause these pills are completely natural and have no side effects. all they do is aid the digesting and distribution of minerals throughtout the body. i had started taking it and after 1 week (no kidding) my face cleared up. they can be bought at any health food store. hope it helps. " I got that off of a UK acne forum.

Has anyone [roblems with Betaine HCL? I have many symptoms of low acidity and I feel no burn while takong HCL but for some unknown reasons it breaks me out even worse.

Has anyone [roblems with Betaine HCL? I have many symptoms of low acidity and I feel no burn while takong HCL but for some unknown reasons it breaks me out even worse.

What is your diet like? How long have you been taking Betaine HCL? You may be eating something that you are allergic to or your body does not agree with (dairy, wheat gluten, high-glycemic index foods, etc.) Since your body is now digesting foods better, it may be making your sensitivity to 'trouble foods' worse. Try to eat a very alkaline, organic diet while your body repairs itself.

Be sure to take a very good multi-vitamin as well. Low stomach acid is related to low mineral deposits in your body. You may also want to get digestive enzymes as well to help break down proteins, carbs and fat.

WEll, been detoxing for months now with moderate improvement. I read an ask shelley link and realized all my symptoms were under low stomach acidity. (belching, indigestion, acne, low back pain, constipation, REALLY BAD THIRST.) On my second day of it and i had three bowel movements yesterday. I can feel my stomach gurgling, and the chronic mucous i always have in the back of my throat is gone. Was on antibiotics for my kidney most of my life, so im thinking perhaps this was a cause for it. If i can get rid of this chronic thirst, and it's slowly going away, then i will literally have a party for it. It's bothers the hell out of me cause i cant even go in a store without a bottle of water in my purse. Anyone have similar symptoms?

I saw a naturopathic doctor less than 2 weeks ago that diagnosed me with low stomach acid. As soon as I started his protocol of digestive enzymes and vitamins and minerals, I saw a drastic improvement.

I did have digestive issues, but I had them for so long, I thought it was normal. My saliva and urine tested very acidic which is also related to low-stomach acid.

If your acne is due to low stomach acid and you are taking digestive enzymes, a good multi-vitamin and eating well, you should see improvement very quickly, which is really awesome because I hate waiting for results.

my doctor had recommended some over the counter digestive aids for me cause acne can also be caused by your body not digesting and distributing the protiens well.

Care to explain more about this?

Any proof?

my doctor had recommended some over the counter digestive aids for me cause acne can also be caused by your body not digesting and distributing the protiens well.

Care to explain more about this?

Any proof?

I do not know how someone can 'prove' this. It is a very intricate issue that develops in your body over time and can cause a variety of different symptoms. It causes increased acidity in the body which can be tested with PH strips. It can also create an imbalance of hormones (sex hormones, cortisol) which can be tested with a saliva test.

Please research hypochlorhydria. You will find more information about it.

I think I definitely suffer from underproduction of stomach acid but Im gonna go the digestive bitters route (grape bitters specifically). I think for a while Im gonna add some betaine HCL after my meals because I suffer from the mucus and extreme thirst myself. I also cannot put weight on regardless of how much fat or protein I eat (which is pretty much all I eat, VERY low starch diet and no carbs aside from vegetables).

I know this thread is old so sorry for the bump but this is the first Ive heard of low stomach acid being correlated with extreme thirst.

An old post I know, but I thought I could add to this.

I had GERD (as well as acne) a couple of years back and tried everything I could to get rid of it. I searched and searched until finally I found some convincing info on betaine hcl and began supplementing, gradually increasing the dose. I went up to 13 x 325mg capsules a day and still experienced no burning, however my 2 year long severe daily heartburn symptoms went away when combining this with the low carb diet IN LESS THAN A WEEK!

Over a period of about 3 months, my acne had massively reduced (to virtually none) and by 6 months I was clear minus some deeply imbedded pin-prick infections. I cocked it up at this point by reading Seppo Pussta's "Clear for Life" and trying the low fat approach, which completely ruined 6 months of harsh detoxification, however I am now back on the hcl / low carb and seeing the results once again. I have tried and tried to find ways of eating carbs but my body just doesn't want them.

My point about Hcl is that I could not digest proteins and fats without it due to a bad candida infection (caused by 18 failed months of acne-tetracycline treatment). So HCl helps you to digest proteins and fats which the main most effective strategy needed to clear up acne. Or at least "proper" acne, not just those types with a few on-the-surface pimples.

Betaine HCl is the NO 1 ONLY CURE for GERD. Doctors actually wanted me to take anti-acids for this and even my gastroenterologist didn't know what betaine HCl was. Thank God I found this stuff.

Edited by En Be